La segmentación del mercado laboral colombiano en la década de los noventa
This article shows that the Mincer equations, augmented with variables of firm size and corrected by selectivity bias, yield results that are consistent with the theories of human capital and labor segmentation. Greater firm endowments of human capital and physical capital are related to greater labor income. This result is consistent with scale economies at the firm level. It also implies divisions between economic sectors due to physical and human capital markets barriers.
Volume (Year): 9 (2007)
Issue (Month): 16 (January-June)
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Cra. 1 No. 12-68 Casa de las Mandolinas|
Phone: (571) 2826066 Ext. 1307
Fax: (571) 2826066 Ext. 1304
Web page: http://www.economiainstitucional.com
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Magnac, Th, 1991. "Segmented or Competitive Labor Markets," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 59(1), pages 165-87, January.
- Carmen Pagés-Serra & James J. Heckman, 2000.
"The Cost of Job Security Regulation: Evidence from Latin American Labor Markets,"
Research Department Publications
4227, Inter-American Development Bank, Research Department.
- James J. Heckman & Carmen Pages, 2000. "The Cost of Job Security Regulation: Evidence from Latin American Labor Markets," NBER Working Papers 7773, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Carmen Pagés & James J. Heckman, 2000. "The Cost of Job Security Regulation: Evidence from Latin American Labor Markets," IDB Publications (Working Papers) 4119, Inter-American Development Bank.
- James B. Rebitzer & Michael D. Robinson, 1991.
"Employer Size and Dual Labor Markets,"
NBER Working Papers
3587, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Charles Brown & James L. Medoff, 1989.
"The Employer Size-Wage Effect,"
NBER Working Papers
2870, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Jovanovic, Boyan, 1982. "Selection and the Evolution of Industry," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 50(3), pages 649-70, May.
- Heckman, James, 2013.
"Sample selection bias as a specification error,"
Publishing House "SINERGIA PRESS", vol. 31(3), pages 129-137.
- Oosterbeek, Hessel & van Praag, Mirjam, 1995. "Firm-Size Wage Differentials in the Netherlands," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 7(3), pages 173-82, June.
- Kevin T. Reilly, 1995. "Human Capital and Information: The Employer Size-Wage Effect," Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 30(1), pages 1-18.
- Brunello, Giorgio & Colussi, Aldo, 1998.
"The employer size-wage effect: evidence from Italy,"
Elsevier, vol. 5(2), pages 217-230, June.
- Brunello, G & Colussi, A, 1997. "The Employer Size-Wage Effect : Evidence from Italy," ISER Discussion Paper 0432, Institute of Social and Economic Research, Osaka University.
- Kevin Lang & William T. Dickens, 1987. "Neoclassical and Sociological Perspectives on Segmented Labor Markets," NBER Working Papers 2127, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- William T. Dickens & Kevin Lang, 1985. "Testing Dual Labor Market Theory: A Reconsideration of the Evidence," NBER Working Papers 1670, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Murphy, Kevin M & Shleifer, Andrei & Vishny, Robert W, 1989.
"Industrialization and the Big Push,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 97(5), pages 1003-26, October.
- Murphy, Kevin M. & Shleifer, Andrei & Vishny, Robert W., 1989. "Industrialization and the Big Push," Scholarly Articles 3606235, Harvard University Department of Economics.
- Kevin M. Murphy & Andrei Shleifer & Robert W. Vishny, 1988. "Industrialization and the Big Push," NBER Working Papers 2708, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Carmen Elisa Flórez, 2002. "The Function Of The Urban Informal Sector In Employment," DOCUMENTOS CEDE 006883, UNIVERSIDAD DE LOS ANDES-CEDE.
- Main, Brian G M & Reilly, Barry, 1993. "The Employer Size-Wage Gap: Evidence for Britain," Economica, London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 60(238), pages 125-42, May.
- Oi, Walter Y, 1983. "Heterogeneous Firms and the Organization of Production," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 21(2), pages 147-71, April.
- Rocío Ribero, 2003. "Gender Dimensions Of Non-Formal Employment In Colombia," DOCUMENTOS CEDE 002762, UNIVERSIDAD DE LOS ANDES-CEDE.
- Cain, Glen G, 1976. "The Challenge of Segmented Labor Market Theories to Orthodox Theory: A Survey," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 14(4), pages 1215-57, December.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:rei:ecoins:v:9:y:2007:i:16:p:189-221. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Paola Rodríguez)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.