A Test of Dual Labor Market Theory
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
References listed on IDEAS
- Duane E. Leigh, 1976. "Occupational Advancement in the Late 1960s: An Indirect Test of the Dual Labor Market Hypothesis," Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 11(2), pages 155-171.
- Elie Appelbaum & Chin Lim, 1981. "Ex Ante and Ex Post Firms and Equilibrium Price Fluctuations," UWO Department of Economics Working Papers 8118, University of Western Ontario, Department of Economics.
- Ernst R. Berndt & Bronwyn H. Hall & Robert E. Hall & Jerry A. Hausman, 1974. "Estimation and Inference in Nonlinear Structural Models," NBER Chapters, in: Annals of Economic and Social Measurement, Volume 3, number 4, pages 653-665, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Paul Osterman, 1975. "An Empirical Study of Labor Market Segmentation," ILR Review, Cornell University, ILR School, vol. 28(4), pages 508-523, July.
- Stanley J. Liebowitz & Stephen E. Margolis, 1981. "A Comment on Ordover and Willig's "On the Optimal Provision of Journals qua Sometimes Shared Goods"," UWO Department of Economics Working Papers 8109, University of Western Ontario, Department of Economics.
- Piore, Michael J, 1983. "Labor Market Segmentation: To What Paradigm Does It Belong?," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 73(2), pages 249-253, May.
- Stigler, George J & Becker, Gary S, 1977. "De Gustibus Non Est Disputandum," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 67(2), pages 76-90, March.
- Oster, Gerry, 1979. "A Factor Analytic Test of the Theory of the Dual Economy," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 61(1), pages 33-39, February.
- Weiss, Andrew W, 1980. "Job Queues and Layoffs in Labor Markets with Flexible Wages," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 88(3), pages 526-538, June.
- Kahn, Shulamit, 1987. "Occupational Safety and Workers Preferences: Is There a Marginal Worker?," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 69(2), pages 262-268, May.
- William T. Dickens, 1983. "The Effect of Company Campaigns on Certification Elections: Law and Reality Once Again," ILR Review, Cornell University, ILR School, vol. 36(4), pages 560-575, July.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- William T. Dickens & Kevin Lang, 1992. "Labor Market Segmentation Theory: Reconsidering the Evidence," NBER Working Papers 4087, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Kevin Lang & William T. Dickens, 1987. "Neoclassical and Sociological Perspectives on Segmented Labor Markets," NBER Working Papers 2127, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- repec:eee:labchp:v:2:y:1986:i:c:p:1183-1217 is not listed on IDEAS
- Russell Cooper, 1984. "Insurance, Flexibility and Non-contingent Trades," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 691, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- Allen, Joyce E. & Davis, Carlton G. & Evans, Sidney H. & Huffman, Wallace E. & Jones, Dewitt & Nelson, Mack C. & Park, Alfred L. & Robbins, Richard D., 1986. "Opportunities And Status Of Blacks In The Agricultural Economics Profession," 1986 Annual Meeting, July 27-30, Reno, Nevada 278435, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- William T. Dickens & Kevin Lang, 1985. "Testing Dual Labor Market Theory: A Reconsideration of the Evidence," NBER Working Papers 1670, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- James P. Smith, 2004. "Career Wage Mobility," Labor and Demography 0403015, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Alessio Emanuele Biondo & Roberto Cellini & Tiziana Cuccia, 2020. "Choices on museum attendance: An agent‐based approach," Metroeconomica, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 71(4), pages 882-897, November.
- Trung X. Hoang & Nga V. T. Le, 2021. "Natural disasters and risk aversion: Evidence from Vietnam," Natural Resources Forum, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 45(3), pages 211-229, August.
- Bohl, Martin T. & Diesteldorf, Jeanne & Siklos, Pierre L., 2015.
"The effect of index futures trading on volatility: Three markets for Chinese stocks,"
China Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 34(C), pages 207-224.
- Martin T. Bohl & Jeanne Diesteldorf & Pierre L. Siklos, 2014. "The Effect of Index Futures Trading on Volatility: Three Markets for Chinese Stocks," CQE Working Papers 3614, Center for Quantitative Economics (CQE), University of Muenster.
- Martin T. Bohl, Jeanne Diesteldorf, Pierre L. Siklos, 2015. "The effect of index futures trading on volatility: Three markets for Chinese stocks," LCERPA Working Papers 0087, Laurier Centre for Economic Research and Policy Analysis, revised 01 Feb 2015.
- Michelle Sheran Sylvester, 2007. "The Career and Family Choices of Women: A Dynamic Analysis of Labor Force Participation, Schooling, Marriage and Fertility Decisions," Review of Economic Dynamics, Elsevier for the Society for Economic Dynamics, vol. 10(3), pages 367-399, July.
- P. Du Caju & C. Fuss & L. Wintr, 2012.
"Sectoral differences in downward real wage rigidity: workforce composition, institutions, technology and competition [Branchenspezifische Unterschiede in der Abwärtsreallohnstarrheit: Arbeitskrafts,"
Journal for Labour Market Research, Springer;Institute for Employment Research/ Institut für Arbeitsmarkt- und Berufsforschung (IAB), vol. 45(1), pages 7-22, March.
- P. Du Caju & C. Fuss & L. Wintr, 2012. "Sectoral differences in downward real wage rigidity: workforce composition, institutions, technology and competition," Journal for Labour Market Research, Springer;Institute for Employment Research/ Institut für Arbeitsmarkt- und Berufsforschung (IAB), vol. 45(1), pages 7-22, March.
- Anna Dreber & Tore Ellingsen & Magnus Johannesson & David Rand, 2013.
"Do people care about social context? Framing effects in dictator games,"
Experimental Economics, Springer;Economic Science Association, vol. 16(3), pages 349-371, September.
- Dreber, Anna & Ellingsen, Tore & Johannesson, Magnus & Rand, David, 2011. "Do People Care about Social Context? Framing Effects in Dictator Games," SSE/EFI Working Paper Series in Economics and Finance 738, Stockholm School of Economics.
- Thunström, Linda & Nordström, Jonas & Shogren, Jason F., 2015.
"Certainty and overconfidence in future preferences for food,"
Journal of Economic Psychology, Elsevier, vol. 51(C), pages 101-113.
- Linda Thunström & Jonas Nordström & Jason F. Shogren, 2015. "Certainty and Overconfidence in Future Preferences for Food," IFRO Working Paper 2015/04, University of Copenhagen, Department of Food and Resource Economics.
- Robert Kaestner, 1995. "The Effects of Cocaine and Marijuana Use on Marriage and Marital Stability," NBER Working Papers 5038, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Ellis Scharfenaker, Markus P.A. Schneider, 2019. "Labor Market Segmentation and the Distribution of Income: New Evidence from Internal Census Bureau Data," Working Paper Series, Department of Economics, University of Utah 2019_08, University of Utah, Department of Economics.
- Carl Christian von Weizsäcker, 2011. "Homo Oeconomicus Adaptivus – Die Logik des Handelns bei veränderlichen Präferenzen," Discussion Paper Series of the Max Planck Institute for Research on Collective Goods 2011_10, Max Planck Institute for Research on Collective Goods.
- Atallah, Gamal, 1998. "Les impôts sur le revenu et l’offre de travail des femmes mariées : une revue de la littérature," L'Actualité Economique, Société Canadienne de Science Economique, vol. 74(1), pages 95-128, mars.
- Wiebke Kuklys & Ingrid Robeyns, 2004. "Sens's Capability Approach to Welfare Economics," Papers on Strategic Interaction 2004-03, Max Planck Institute of Economics, Strategic Interaction Group.
- Di Giovinazzo, Viviana & Naimzada, Ahmad, 2015.
"A model of fashion: Endogenous preferences in social interaction,"
Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 47(C), pages 12-17.
- Viviana Di Giovinazzo & Ahmad Naimzada, 2013. "A model of fashion: endogenous preferences in social interaction," Working Papers 235, University of Milano-Bicocca, Department of Economics, revised Feb 2013.
- Pierdzioch, Christian, 2000. "Noise Traders? Trigger Rates, FX Options, and Smiles," Kiel Working Papers 970, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW).
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:aea:aecrev:v:75:y:1985:i:4:p:792-805. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/aeaaaea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Michael P. Albert (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/aeaaaea.html .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.