Small business survival and inheritance: evidence from Germany
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Meyer, Bruce D, 1990. "Unemployment Insurance and Unemployment Spells," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 58(4), pages 757-782, July.
- Robert Cressy, 2006. "Why do Most Firms Die Young?," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 26(2), pages 103-116, March.
- Holtz-Eakin, Douglas & Joulfaian, David & Rosen, Harvey S, 1994.
"Sticking It Out: Entrepreneurial Survival and Liquidity Constraints,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 102(1), pages 53-75, February.
- Douglas Holtz-Eakin & David Joulfaian & Harvey S. Rosen, 1993. "Sticking it Out: Entrepreneurial Survival and Liquidity Constraints," NBER Working Papers 4494, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Douglas Holtz-Eakin & David Joulfaian & Harvey S. Rosen, 1993. "Sticking It Out: Entrepreneurial Survival and Liquidity Constraints," Working Papers 698, Princeton University, Department of Economics, Industrial Relations Section..
- Evans, David S & Jovanovic, Boyan, 1989. "An Estimated Model of Entrepreneurial Choice under Liquidity Constraints," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 97(4), pages 808-827, August.
- Xu, Bin, 1998. "A reestimation of the Evans-Jovanovic entrepreneurial choice model," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 58(1), pages 91-95, January.
- Erik Hurst & Annamaria Lusardi, 2004. "Liquidity Constraints, Household Wealth, and Entrepreneurship," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 112(2), pages 319-347, April.
- Steven M. Fazzari & R. Glenn Hubbard & Bruce C. Petersen, 1988. "Financing Constraints and Corporate Investment," Brookings Papers on Economic Activity, Economic Studies Program, The Brookings Institution, vol. 19(1), pages 141-206.
- Holtz-Eakin Douglas & Rosen Harvey S, 2005.
"Cash Constraints and Business Start-Ups: Deutschmarks Versus Dollars,"
The B.E. Journal of Economic Analysis & Policy,
De Gruyter, vol. 4(1), pages 1-28, February.
- Douglas Holtz-Eakin & Harvey Rosen, 1999. "Cash Constraints and Business Start-ups: Deutschmarks versus Dollars," Center for Policy Research Working Papers 11, Center for Policy Research, Maxwell School, Syracuse University.
- Manove, Michael & Padilla, A Jorge & Pagano, Marco, 2001. "Collateral versus Project Screening: A Model of Lazy Banks," RAND Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 32(4), pages 726-744, Winter.
- Amelie Constant & Klaus Zimmermann, 2006.
"The Making of Entrepreneurs in Germany: Are Native Men and Immigrants Alike?,"
Small Business Economics,
Springer, vol. 26(3), pages 279-300, April.
- Constant, Amelie F. & Zimmermann, Klaus F., 2004. "The Making of Entrepreneurs in Germany: Are Native Men and Immigrants Alike?," IZA Discussion Papers 1440, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Evans, David S & Leighton, Linda S, 1989. "Some Empirical Aspects of Entrepreneurship," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 79(3), pages 519-535, June.
- Lechner, Michael, 1995. "Effects of continuous off-the-job training in East Germany after unification," ZEW Discussion Papers 95-27, ZEW - Leibniz Centre for European Economic Research.
- King, Robert G. & Levine, Ross, 1993. "Finance, entrepreneurship and growth: Theory and evidence," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 32(3), pages 513-542, December.
- Taylor, Mark P, 1999. "Survival of the Fittest? An Analysis of Self-Employment Duration in Britain," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 109(454), pages 140-155, March.
- S. Illeris & G. Akehurst, 2002. "Introduction," The Service Industries Journal, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 22(1), pages 1-3, January.
- Cressy, Robert & Olofsson, Christer, 1997. "European SME Financing: An Overview," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 9(2), pages 87-96, April.
- Robert Cressy, 2002. "Introduction: Funding Gaps," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 112(477), pages 1-16, February.
- Black, Jane & de Meza, David & Jeffreys, David, 1996. "House Price, the Supply of Collateral and the Enterprise Economy," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 106(434), pages 60-75, January.
- Steven N. Kaplan & Luigi Zingales, 1997. "Do Investment-Cash Flow Sensitivities Provide Useful Measures of Financing Constraints?," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 112(1), pages 169-215.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Dorothea Schäfer & Andreas Stephan & Jenniffer Solórzano Mosquera, 2017.
"Family ownership: does it matter for funding and success of corporate innovations?,"
Small Business Economics,
Springer, vol. 48(4), pages 931-951, April.
- Dorothea Schäfer & Andreas Stephan, 2016. "Family Ownership: Does it Matter for Funding and Success of Corporate Innovations?," CERBE Working Papers wpC14, CERBE Center for Relationship Banking and Economics.
- Schäfer, Dorothea & Stephan, Andreas & Mosquera, Jenniffer Solórzano, 2015.
"Innovation Capabilities and Financing Constraints of Family Firms,"
Working Paper Series in Economics and Institutions of Innovation
425, Royal Institute of Technology, CESIS - Centre of Excellence for Science and Innovation Studies.
- Dorothea Schäfer & Andreas Stephan & Jenniffer Solórzano Mosquera, 2015. "Innovation Capabilities and Financing Constraints of Family Firms," Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin 1536, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- Schäfer, Dorotea & Stephan, Andreas & Solórzano Mosquera, Jenniffer, 2016. "Innovation Capabilities and Financing Constraints of Family Firms," Ratio Working Papers 268, The Ratio Institute.
- Erik Stam & Roy Thurik & Peter van der Zwan, 2010.
"Entrepreneurial exit in real and imagined markets,"
Industrial and Corporate Change,
Oxford University Press, vol. 19(4), pages 1109-1139, August.
- Roy Thurik & F. Stam & Peter van der Zwan, 2007. "Entrepreneurial exit in real and imagined markets," Scales Research Reports H200720, EIM Business and Policy Research.
- Erik Stam & Roy Thurik & Peter van der Zwan, 2008. "Entrepreneurial Exit in Real and Imagined Markets," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 08-031/3, Tinbergen Institute, revised 07 Dec 2009.
- Schäfer, Dorothea & Talavera, Oleksandr & Weir, Charlie, 2011.
"Entrepreneurship, windfall gains and financial constraints: Evidence from Germany,"
Elsevier, vol. 28(5), pages 2174-2180, September.
- Schäfer, Dorothea & Talavera, Oleksandr & Weir, Charlie, 2010. "Entrepreneurship, Windfall Gains and Financial Constraints: Evidence from Germany," JIBS Working Papers 2010-3, Jönköping International Business School.
- Dorothea Schaefer & Oleksandr Talavera & Charlie Weir, 2010. "Entrepreneurship, Windfall Gains and Financial Constraints: Evidence from Germany," University of East Anglia Applied and Financial Economics Working Paper Series 009, School of Economics, University of East Anglia, Norwich, UK..
- Matthias Brachert & Walter Hyll & Mirko Titze, 2014. "Entry into Entrepreneurship, Endogenous Adaption of Risk Attitudes and Entrepreneurial Survival," SOEPpapers on Multidisciplinary Panel Data Research 701, DIW Berlin, The German Socio-Economic Panel (SOEP).
- Semrau, Thorsten & Werner, Arndt, 2009. "How exactly do networking Investments pay off? Analyzing the impact of nascent Entrepreneurs networking Investments on Access to Start-Up Resources," MPRA Paper 18350, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- André van Stel & Sander Wennekers & Jolanda Hessels & Peter van der Zwan, 2012. "Global Entrepreneurship Monitor 2011 The Netherlands," Scales Research Reports A201211, EIM Business and Policy Research.
- Wang, Yu-Lin, 2010. "Does collateral cause inefficient resource allocation?," Journal of Economics and Business, Elsevier, vol. 62(3), pages 220-233, May.
- repec:taf:indinn:v:24:y:2017:i:2:p:97-121 is not listed on IDEAS
- Thorsten Semrau & Michael Beier, 2015. "How specialised and integrated relationship management responsibilities foster new ventures' network development," International Journal of Entrepreneurial Venturing, Inderscience Enterprises Ltd, vol. 7(1), pages 47-64.
More about this item
KeywordsEntrepreneurship; Survival; Financial constraints; G30; J20; L10; L26;
- G30 - Financial Economics - - Corporate Finance and Governance - - - General
- J20 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demand and Supply of Labor - - - General
- L10 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance - - - General
- L26 - Industrial Organization - - Firm Objectives, Organization, and Behavior - - - Entrepreneurship
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:sbusec:v:32:y:2009:i:1:p:95-109. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Springer Nature Abstracting and Indexing). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.