A reestimation of the Evans-Jovanovic entrepreneurial choice model
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Evans, David S & Jovanovic, Boyan, 1989. "An Estimated Model of Entrepreneurial Choice under Liquidity Constraints," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 97(4), pages 808-827, August.
- Kihlstrom, Richard E & Laffont, Jean-Jacques, 1979. "A General Equilibrium Entrepreneurial Theory of Firm Formation Based on Risk Aversion," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 87(4), pages 719-748, August.
- Jovanovic, Boyan, 1982. "Selection and the Evolution of Industry," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 50(3), pages 649-670, May.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Isabel Grilo & Roy Thurik, 2008.
"Determinants of entrepreneurial engagement levels in Europe and the US,"
Industrial and Corporate Change,
Oxford University Press, vol. 17(6), pages 1113-1145, December.
- Roy Thurik & Isabel Grilo, 2005. "Determinants of entrepreneurial engagement levels in Europe and the US," Papers on Entrepreneurship, Growth and Public Policy 2005-25, Max Planck Institute of Economics, Entrepreneurship, Growth and Public Policy Group.
- Isabel Grilo & Roy Thurik, 2007. "Determinants of entrepreneurial engagement levels in Europe and the US," Papers on Entrepreneurship, Growth and Public Policy 2007-02, Max Planck Institute of Economics, Entrepreneurship, Growth and Public Policy Group.
- Luís M B Cabral & José Mata, 2003.
"On the Evolution of the Firm Size Distribution: Facts and Theory,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 93(4), pages 1075-1090, September.
- Cabral, Luís M B & Mata, José, 2001. "On the Evolution of the Firm Size Distribution: Facts and Theory," CEPR Discussion Papers 3045, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Ashish Arora & Anand Nandkumar, 2011.
"Cash-Out or Flameout! Opportunity Cost and Entrepreneurial Strategy: Theory, and Evidence from the Information Security Industry,"
INFORMS, vol. 57(10), pages 1844-1860, October.
- Ashish Arora & Anand Nandkumar, 2009. "Cash-out or flame-out! Opportunity cost and entrepreneurial strategy: Theory, and evidence from the information security industry," NBER Working Papers 15532, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Enrico Santarelli & Marco Vivarelli, 2007.
"Entrepreneurship and the process of firms’ entry, survival and growth,"
Industrial and Corporate Change,
Oxford University Press, vol. 16(3), pages 455-488, June.
- Santarelli, Enrico & Vivarelli, Marco, 2006. "Entrepreneurship and the Process of Firms’ Entry, Survival and Growth," IZA Discussion Papers 2475, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Schäfer, Dorothea & Talavera, Oleksandr & Weir, Charlie, 2011.
"Entrepreneurship, windfall gains and financial constraints: Evidence from Germany,"
Elsevier, vol. 28(5), pages 2174-2180, September.
- Schäfer, Dorothea & Talavera, Oleksandr & Weir, Charlie, 2010. "Entrepreneurship, Windfall Gains and Financial Constraints: Evidence from Germany," JIBS Working Papers 2010-3, Jönköping International Business School.
- Dorothea Schaefer & Oleksandr Talavera & Charlie Weir, 2010. "Entrepreneurship, Windfall Gains and Financial Constraints: Evidence from Germany," University of East Anglia Applied and Financial Economics Working Paper Series 009, School of Economics, University of East Anglia, Norwich, UK..
- Dorothea Schäfer & Oleksandr Talavera, 2009. "Small business survival and inheritance: evidence from Germany," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 32(1), pages 95-109, January.
- Casey J. Frid & David M. Wyman & Bentley Coffey, 2016. "Effects of wealth inequality on entrepreneurship," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 47(4), pages 895-920, December.
- Barbara ERMINI, 2008. "Oltre Gibrat. Capitale umano dei fondatori, endogeneita' del finanziamento pubblico e crescita delle giovani imprese hi-tech italiane," Working Papers 322, Universita' Politecnica delle Marche (I), Dipartimento di Scienze Economiche e Sociali.
- J. Augusto Felicio & Eduardo Couto & Jorge Caiado, 2009. "Interrelationships between human capital and social capital in small and medium sized firms: The effect of age and sector of activity," CEMAPRE Working Papers 0905, Centre for Applied Mathematics and Economics (CEMAPRE), School of Economics and Management (ISEG), Technical University of Lisbon.
- Marco Vivarelli, 2013. "Is entrepreneurship necessarily good? Microeconomic evidence from developed and developing countries," Industrial and Corporate Change, Oxford University Press, vol. 22(6), pages 1453-1495, December.
- Dorothea Schäfer & Oleksandr Talavera, 2005. "Entrepreneurship, Windfall Gains and Financial Constraints: The Case of Germany," Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin 480, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- repec:spr:jglont:v:7:y:2017:i:1:d:10.1186_s40497-017-0086-y is not listed on IDEAS
- Colombo, Massimo G. & Grilli, Luca, 2005. "Founders' human capital and the growth of new technology-based firms: A competence-based view," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 34(6), pages 795-816, August.
- Colombo, Massimo G. & Delmastro, Marco & Grilli, Luca, 2004. "Entrepreneurs' human capital and the start-up size of new technology-based firms," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 22(8-9), pages 1183-1211, November.
- Colombo, Massimo G. & Grilli, Luca & Piva, Evila, 2006. "In search of complementary assets: The determinants of alliance formation of high-tech start-ups," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(8), pages 1166-1199, October.
- Michael Grimm & Simon Lange & Jann Lay, 2011. "Credit-constrained in risky activities? The determinants of capital stocks of micro and small firms in Western Africa," Courant Research Centre: Poverty, Equity and Growth - Discussion Papers 104, Courant Research Centre PEG.
- Kameliia Petrova, 2012. "Part-time entrepreneurship and financial constraints: evidence from the Panel Study of Entrepreneurial Dynamics," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 39(2), pages 473-493, September.
- Kameliia Petrova, 2005. "Part-Time Entrepreneurship and Wealth Effects: New Evidence from the Panel Study of Entrepreneurial Dynamics," Microeconomics 0510006, EconWPA, revised 03 Nov 2005.
- Simon Parker, 2000. "Saving to Overcome Borrowing Constraints: Implications for Small Business Entry and Exit," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 15(3), pages 223-232, November.
- Massimo Colombo & Luca Grilli, 2007. "Funding Gaps? Access To Bank Loans By High-Tech Start-Ups," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 29(1), pages 25-46, June.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:ecolet:v:58:y:1998:i:1:p:91-95. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/ecolet .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.