Terrorism’s effects on social capital in European countries
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Paldam, Martin, 2000. " Social Capital: One or Many? Definition and Measurement," Journal of Economic Surveys, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 14(5), pages 629-653, December.
- Stephen Knack & Philip Keefer, 1997. "Does Social Capital Have an Economic Payoff? A Cross-Country Investigation," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 112(4), pages 1251-1288.
- José G. Montalvo, 2011. "Voting after the Bombings: A Natural Experiment on the Effect of Terrorist Attacks on Democratic Elections," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 93(4), pages 1146-1154, November.
- Dustmann, Christian & Okatenko, Anna, 2014.
"Out-migration, wealth constraints, and the quality of local amenities,"
Journal of Development Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 110(C), pages 52-63.
- Christian Dustmann & Anna Okatenko, 2013. "Out-migration, Wealth Constraints, and the Quality of Local Amenities," CReAM Discussion Paper Series 1313, Centre for Research and Analysis of Migration (CReAM), Department of Economics, University College London.
- Christian Dustmann & Anna Okatenko, 2013. "Out-migration, Wealth Constraints, and the Quality of Local Amenities," Norface Discussion Paper Series 2013017, Norface Research Programme on Migration, Department of Economics, University College London.
- Economou Athina & Kollias Christos, 2015.
"Terrorism and Political Self-Placement in European Union Countries,"
Peace Economics, Peace Science, and Public Policy,
De Gruyter, vol. 21(2), pages 217-238, April.
- Athina Economou & Christos Kollias, 2012. "Terrorism and Political Self-Placement in European Union Countries," Economics of Security Working Paper Series 73, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- Todd Sandler & Daniel G. Arce & Walter Enders, 2011. "An Evaluation of Interpol's Cooperative-Based Counterterrorism Linkages," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 54(1), pages 79-110.
- Alesina, Alberto & La Ferrara, Eliana, 2002. "Who trusts others?," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 85(2), pages 207-234, August.
- Tim Krieger & Daniel Meierrieks, 2011. "What causes terrorism?," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 147(1), pages 3-27, April.
- Deon Filmer & Lant Pritchett, 2001. "Estimating Wealth Effects Without Expenditure Data—Or Tears: An Application To Educational Enrollments In States Of India," Demography, Springer;Population Association of America (PAA), vol. 38(1), pages 115-132, February.
- Li, Baibing & Martin, Elaine B. & Morris, A. Julian, 2002. "On principal component analysis in L1," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 40(3), pages 471-474, September.
- John Ferejohn, 1986. "Incumbent performance and electoral control," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 50(1), pages 5-25, January.
- Henning Finseraas & Ola Listhaug, 2013. "It can happen here: the impact of the Mumbai terror attacks on public opinion in Western Europe," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 156(1), pages 213-228, July.
- Bozzoli, Carlos & Müller, Cathérine, 2011. "Perceptions and attitudes following a terrorist shock: Evidence from the UK," European Journal of Political Economy, Elsevier, vol. 27(S1), pages 89-106.
- Edward L. Glaeser & David I. Laibson & José A. Scheinkman & Christine L. Soutter, 2000. "Measuring Trust," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 115(3), pages 811-846.
- Bo Rothstein, 2000. "Trust, Social Dilemmas and Collective Memories," Journal of Theoretical Politics, , vol. 12(4), pages 477-501, October.
- Gassebner, Martin & Jong-A-Pin, Richard & Mierau, Jochen O., 2008. "Terrorism and electoral accountability: One strike, you're out!," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 100(1), pages 126-129, July.
- William Shughart, 2006. "An analytical history of terrorism, 1945–2000," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 128(1), pages 7-39, July.
- Christos Kollias & Stephanos Papadamou & Vangelis Arvanitis, 2013. "Symposium - Does Terrorism Affect the Stock-Bond Covariance? Evidence from European Countries," Southern Economic Journal, Southern Economic Association, vol. 79(4), pages 832-848, April.
- J Tyson Chatagnier, 2012. "The effect of trust in government on rallies â€™round the flag," Journal of Peace Research, Peace Research Institute Oslo, vol. 49(5), pages 631-645, September.
- Putnam, Robert David & Sander, Thomas H., 2010. "Still Bowling Alone? The Post-9/11 Split," Scholarly Articles 5341588, Harvard Kennedy School of Government.
- Boris Branisa & Stephan Klasen & Maria Ziegler & Denis Drechsler & Johannes Jütting, 2014. "The Institutional Basis of Gender Inequality: The Social Institutions and Gender Index (SIGI)," Feminist Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 20(2), pages 29-64, April.
- Irene van Staveren & Peter Knorringa, 2007. "Unpacking social capital in Economic Development: How social relations matter," Review of Social Economy, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 65(1), pages 107-135.
- Origo, Federica & Pagani, Laura, 2009. "Flexicurity and job satisfaction in Europe: The importance of perceived and actual job stability for well-being at work," Labour Economics, Elsevier, vol. 16(5), pages 547-555, October.
- Chen, Andrew H. & Siems, Thomas F., 2004. "The effects of terrorism on global capital markets," European Journal of Political Economy, Elsevier, vol. 20(2), pages 349-366, June.
- Claude Berrebi & Esteban F. Klor, 2006. "On Terrorism and Electoral Outcomes," Journal of Conflict Resolution, Peace Science Society (International), vol. 50(6), pages 899-925, December.
- S Brock Blomberg & Gregory D Hess & Daniel YJ Tan, 2011. "Terrorism and the Economics of Trust," Journal of Peace Research, Peace Research Institute Oslo, vol. 48(3), pages 383-398, May.
- Tyler Cowen, 2006. "Terrorism as theater: Analysis and policy implications," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 128(1), pages 233-244, July.
- Eric M. Uslaner, 2008. "The foundations of trust: macro and micro," Cambridge Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 32(2), pages 289-294, March.
- Ellen F. J. ter Huurne & Jan M. Gutteling, 2009. "How to trust? The importance of self-efficacy and social trust in public responses to industrial risks," Journal of Risk Research, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 12(6), pages 809-824, September.
- Stanislav Kolenikov & Gustavo Angeles, 2009. "Socioeconomic Status Measurement With Discrete Proxy Variables: Is Principal Component Analysis A Reliable Answer?," Review of Income and Wealth, International Association for Research in Income and Wealth, vol. 55(1), pages 128-165, March.
- repec:cup:apsrev:v:77:y:1983:i:01:p:36-54_24 is not listed on IDEAS
- Enders, Walter & Sandler, Todd & Parise, Gerald F, 1992. "An Econometric Analysis of the Impact of Terrorism on Tourism," Kyklos, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 45(4), pages 531-554.
- Tim Reeskens & Marc Hooghe, 2008. "Cross-cultural measurement equivalence of generalized trust. Evidence from the European Social Survey (2002 and 2004)," Social Indicators Research: An International and Interdisciplinary Journal for Quality-of-Life Measurement, Springer, vol. 85(3), pages 515-532, February.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
More about this item
KeywordsTerrorism; Social capital; Institutional trust; Social trust;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:pubcho:v:169:y:2016:i:3:d:10.1007_s11127-016-0370-3. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.