The effects of terrorism on global capital markets
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Alberto Abadie & Javier Gardeazabal, 2003. "The Economic Costs of Conflict: A Case Study of the Basque Country," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 93(1), pages 113-132, March.
- Arshanapalli, Bala & Doukas, John, 1993. "International stock market linkages: Evidence from the pre- and post-October 1987 period," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 17(1), pages 193-208, February.
- Fama, Eugene F, et al, 1969. "The Adjustment of Stock Prices to New Information," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 10(1), pages 1-21, February.
- Hamao, Yasushi & Masulis, Ronald W & Ng, Victor, 1990. "Correlations in Price Changes and Volatility across International Stock Markets," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 3(2), pages 281-307.
- Brown, Stephen J. & Warner, Jerold B., 1985. "Using daily stock returns : The case of event studies," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 14(1), pages 3-31, March.
- Schwert, G William, 1981. "Using Financial Data to Measure Effects of Regulation," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 24(1), pages 121-158, April.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Gok, Ibrahim Yasar & Demirdogen, Yavuz & Topuz, Sefa, 2020. "The impacts of terrorism on Turkish equity market: An investigation using intraday data," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 540(C).
- K. Chau & S. Wong & C. Yiu & Maurice Tse & Frederik Pretorius, 2010. "Do Unexpected Land Auction Outcomes Bring New Information to the Real Estate Market?," The Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics, Springer, vol. 40(4), pages 480-496, May.
- Javid, Attiya Yasmin, 2009. "The Response of the Pakistani Stock market to a Cataclysmic Event," MPRA Paper 37565, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Kothari, S. P., 2001. "Capital markets research in accounting," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 31(1-3), pages 105-231, September.
- O. Emre Tokel & M. Eray Yucel, 2009.
"Click to Download Data : An Event Study of Internet Access to Economic Statistics,"
Central Bank Review, Research and Monetary Policy Department, Central Bank of the Republic of Turkey, vol. 9(2), pages 1-22.
- Tokel, O. Emre & Yucel, M. Eray, 2009. "Click to download data: an event study of Internet access to economic statistics," MPRA Paper 16833, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Lin, Carl, 2012. "Less Myth, More Measurement: Decomposing Excess Returns from the 1989 Minimum Wage Hike," IZA Discussion Papers 6269, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Ranjeeni, Kumari, 2014. "Sectoral and industrial performance during a stock market crisis," Economic Systems, Elsevier, vol. 38(2), pages 178-193.
- François-Xavier Delaloye & Michel Habib & Alexandre Ziegler, 2012. "Swiss banking secrecy: the stock market evidence," Financial Markets and Portfolio Management, Springer;Swiss Society for Financial Market Research, vol. 26(1), pages 143-176, March.
- Marfatia, Hardik A., 2017. "A fresh look at integration of risks in the international stock markets: A wavelet approach," Review of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 34(C), pages 33-49.
- Denise M. Keele & Susan DeHart, 2011. "Partners of USEPA Climate Leaders: an Event Study on Stock Performance," Business Strategy and the Environment, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 20(8), pages 485-497, December.
- Chia-Lin Chang & Shu-Han Hsu & Michael McAleer, 2018. "An Event Study Analysis of Political Events, Disasters, and Accidents for Chinese Tourists to Taiwan," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 10(11), pages 1-77, November.
- Maneenop, Sakkakom & Kotcharin, Suntichai, 2020. "The impacts of COVID-19 on the global airline industry: An event study approach," Journal of Air Transport Management, Elsevier, vol. 89(C).
- Suk-Joong Kim, 2018.
"The Spillover Effects of US and Japanese Public Information News in Advanced Asia-Pacific Stock Markets,"
World Scientific Book Chapters, in: Information Spillovers and Market Integration in International Finance Empirical Analyses, chapter 6, pages 175-201,
World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd..
- Kim, Suk-Joong, 2003. "The spillover effects of US and Japanese public information news in advanced Asia-Pacific stock markets," Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 11(5), pages 611-630, November.
- Andreas Zingg & Sebastian Lang & Daniela Wyttenbach, 2007. "Insider Trading in the Swiss Stock Market," Swiss Journal of Economics and Statistics (SJES), Swiss Society of Economics and Statistics (SSES), vol. 143(III), pages 331-362, September.
- Gokhale, Jayendra & Brooks, Raymond M. & Tremblay, Victor J., 2014. "The effect on stockholder wealth of product recalls and government action: The case of Toyota's accelerator pedal recall," The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 54(4), pages 521-528.
- Fan, Ying & Jia, Jun-Jun & Wang, Xin & Xu, Jin-Hua, 2017. "What policy adjustments in the EU ETS truly affected the carbon prices?," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 103(C), pages 145-164.
- Leone, Andrew J. & Van Horn, R. Lawrence & Wedig, Gerard J., 2005. "Abnormal returns and the regulation of nonprofit hospital sales and conversions," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 24(1), pages 113-135, January.
- Sebastien Bradley & Estelle Dauchy & Makoto Hasegawa, 2018.
"Investor valuations of Japan’s adoption of a territorial tax regime: quantifying the direct and competitive effects of international tax reform,"
International Tax and Public Finance, Springer;International Institute of Public Finance, vol. 25(3), pages 581-630, June.
- Bradley, Sebastien & Dauchy, Estelle & Hasegawa, Makoto, 2013. "Investor Valuations of Japan's Adoption of a Territorial Tax Regime: Quantifying the Direct and Competitive Effects of International Tax Reform," School of Economics Working Paper Series 2013-2, LeBow College of Business, Drexel University, revised 15 Sep 2014.
- Estelle P. Dauchy & Sebastien Bradley & Makoto Hasegawa, 2014. "Investor Valuations of Japan's Adoption of a Territorial Tax Regime: Quantifying the Direct and Competitive Effects of International Tax Reform," Working Papers w0201, Center for Economic and Financial Research (CEFIR).
- Estelle P. Dauchy & Sebastien Bradley & Makoto Hasegawa, 2014. "Investor Valuations of Japan's Adoption of a Territorial Tax Regime: Quantifying the Direct and Competitive Effects of International Tax Reform," Working Papers w0201, New Economic School (NES).
- Gagari Chakrabarti, 2011. "Financial crisis and the changing nature of volatility contagion in the Asia-Pacific region," Journal of Asset Management, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 12(3), pages 172-184, August.
- Robert-Jan Gerrits & Ayse Yuce, 1999. "Short- and long-term links among European and US stock markets," Applied Financial Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 9(1), pages 1-9.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:poleco:v:20:y:2004:i:2:p:349-366. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Nithya Sathishkumar). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/505544 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.