Reconsidering the International Comovement of Inflation
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Auer, Raphael & Fischer, Andreas M., 2010.
"The effect of low-wage import competition on U.S. inflationary pressure,"
Journal of Monetary Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 57(4), pages 491-503, May.
- Auer, Raphael & Fischer, Andreas M., 2008. "The effect of trade with low-income countries on U.S. industry," Globalization Institute Working Papers 14, Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas.
- Raphael Anton Auer & Andreas M. Fischer, 2008. "The Effect of Low-Wage Import Competition on U.S. Inflationary Pressure," Working Papers 2008-18, Swiss National Bank.
- Auer, Raphael & Fischer, Andreas M, 2008. "The Effect of Trade with Low-Income Countries on U.S. Industry," CEPR Discussion Papers 6819, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- José De Gregorio, 2012. "Commodity Prices, Monetary Policy, and Inflation†," IMF Economic Review, Palgrave Macmillan;International Monetary Fund, vol. 60(4), pages 600-633, December.
- Nelson, Charles R & Piger, Jeremy & Zivot, Eric, 2001.
"Markov Regime Switching and Unit-Root Tests,"
Journal of Business & Economic Statistics,
American Statistical Association, vol. 19(4), pages 404-415, October.
- Charles R. Nelson & Jeremy M. Piger & Eric Zivot, 2000. "Markov regime-switching and unit root tests," International Finance Discussion Papers 683, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Charles R. Nelson & Eric Zivot & Jeremy M. Piger, 2001. "Markov regime switching and unit root tests," Working Papers 2001-013, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis.
- Matteo Ciccarelli & Benoît Mojon, 2010.
The Review of Economics and Statistics,
MIT Press, vol. 92(3), pages 524-535, August.
- Ciccarelli, Matteo & Mojon, Benoît, 2005. "Global inflation," Working Paper Series 537, European Central Bank.
- Ciccarelli, Matteo & Mojon, Benoît, 2006. "Global Inflation," Kiel Working Papers 1337, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW).
- Matteo Ciccarelli & Benoît Mojon, 2008. "Global inflation," Working Paper Series WP-08-05, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago.
- Matteo Ciccarelli & Benoît Mojon, 2005. "Global Inflation," Working Papers Central Bank of Chile 357, Central Bank of Chile.
- Janet Koech & Mark Wynne, 2013. "Core Import Price Inflation in the United States," Open Economies Review, Springer, vol. 24(4), pages 717-730, September.
- Juthathip Jongwanich & Donghyun Park, 2011. "Inflation in developing Asia: pass‐through from global food and oil price shocks," Asian-Pacific Economic Literature, Asia Pacific School of Economics and Government, The Australian National University, vol. 25(1), pages 79-92, May.
- José de Gregorio, 2012. "Commodity Prices, Monetary Policy and Inflation," Working Papers wp359, University of Chile, Department of Economics.
- Perron, Pierre, 1989.
"The Great Crash, the Oil Price Shock, and the Unit Root Hypothesis,"
Econometric Society, vol. 57(6), pages 1361-1401, November.
- Perron, P, 1988. "The Great Crash, The Oil Price Shock And The Unit Root Hypothesis," Papers 338, Princeton, Department of Economics - Econometric Research Program.
- DeJong, David N, et al, 1992. "Integration versus Trend Stationarity in Time Series," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 60(2), pages 423-433, March.
- Haroon Mumtaz & Saverio Simonelli & Paolo Surico, 2011.
"International Comovements, Business Cycle and Inflation: a Historical Perspective,"
Review of Economic Dynamics,
Elsevier for the Society for Economic Dynamics, vol. 14(1), pages 176-198, January.
- Mumtaz, Haroon & Simonelli, Saverio & Surico, Paolo, 2009. "International comovements, business cycle and inflation: a historical perspective," Discussion Papers 28, Monetary Policy Committee Unit, Bank of England.
- Haroon Mumtaz & Saverio Simonelli & Paolo Surico, 2009. "International Comovements, Business Cycle and Inflation: a Historical Perspective," CSEF Working Papers 233, Centre for Studies in Economics and Finance (CSEF), University of Naples, Italy.
- Ayhan Kose, M. & Otrok, Christopher & Whiteman, Charles H., 2008.
"Understanding the evolution of world business cycles,"
Journal of International Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 75(1), pages 110-130, May.
- Ayhan Kose & Christopher Otrok & Charles H. Whiteman, 2005. "Understanding the Evolution of World Business Cycles," IMF Working Papers 05/211, International Monetary Fund.
- Sandra Eickmeier & Katharina Pijnenburg, 2013.
"The Global Dimension of Inflation – Evidence from Factor-Augmented Phillips Curves,"
Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics,
Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 75(1), pages 103-122, February.
- Eickmeier, Sandra & Moll, Katharina, 2008. "The global dimension of inflation: evidence from factor-augmented Phillips curves," Discussion Paper Series 1: Economic Studies 2008,16, Deutsche Bundesbank.
- Eickmeier, Sandra & Moll, Katharina, 2009. "The global dimension of inflation - evidence from factor-augmented Phillips curves," Working Paper Series 1011, European Central Bank.
- Förster, Marcel & Jorra, Markus & Tillmann, Peter, 2014.
"The dynamics of international capital flows: Results from a dynamic hierarchical factor model,"
Journal of International Money and Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 48(PA), pages 101-124.
- Marcel Förster & Markus Jorra & Peter Tillmann, 2012. "The Dynamics of International Capital Flows: Results from a Dynamic Hierarchical Factor Model," MAGKS Papers on Economics 201221, Philipps-Universität Marburg, Faculty of Business Administration and Economics, Department of Economics (Volkswirtschaftliche Abteilung).
- Emanuel Moench & Serena Ng, 2011.
"A hierarchical factor analysis of U.S. housing market dynamics,"
Royal Economic Society, vol. 14(1), pages 1-24, February.
- Emanuel Moench & Serena Ng, 2011. "A hierarchical factor analysis of U.S. housing market dynamics," Econometrics Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 14, pages 1-24, February.
- M. Ayhan Kose & Christopher Otrok & Charles H. Whiteman, 2003. "International Business Cycles: World, Region, and Country-Specific Factors," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 93(4), pages 1216-1239, September.
- Neely, Christopher J. & Rapach, David E., 2011. "International comovements in inflation rates and country characteristics," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 30(7), pages 1471-1490.
- Stephen G Cecchetti & Richhild Moessner, 2008. "Commodity prices and inflation dynamics," BIS Quarterly Review, Bank for International Settlements, December.
- Haroon Mumtaz & Paolo Surico, 2012. "Evolving International Inflation Dynamics: World And Country-Specific Factors," Journal of the European Economic Association, European Economic Association, vol. 10(4), pages 716-734, August.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:kap:openec:v:29:y:2018:i:2:d:10.1007_s11079-017-9456-x is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:zbw:espost:171324 is not listed on IDEAS
- Altansukh, Gantungalag & Becker, Ralf & Bratsiotis, George J. & Osborn, Denise R., 2017.
"What is the Globalisation of Inflation?,"
EconStor Open Access Articles,
ZBW - Leibniz Information Centre for Economics, pages 1-27.
- Gantungalag Altansukha & Ralf Becker & George Bratsiotis & Denise R. Osborn, 2016. "What is the Globalisation of Inflation? ," Centre for Growth and Business Cycle Research Discussion Paper Series 224, Economics, The Univeristy of Manchester.
- Aleš Bulíř & Jaromír Hurník & Kateřina Šmídková, 2016. "What Do Central Banks Know about Inflation Factors?," Open Economies Review, Springer, vol. 27(4), pages 795-810, September.
- John A. Tatom, 2017. "Globalization and Inflation: a Swiss Perspective," Open Economies Review, Springer, vol. 28(3), pages 523-545, July.
More about this item
KeywordsInflation; Energy prices; Monetary policy; Globalization; Dynamic hierarchical factor model; E31; E32; F44;
- E31 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Prices, Business Fluctuations, and Cycles - - - Price Level; Inflation; Deflation
- E32 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Prices, Business Fluctuations, and Cycles - - - Business Fluctuations; Cycles
- F44 - International Economics - - Macroeconomic Aspects of International Trade and Finance - - - International Business Cycles
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:openec:v:25:y:2014:i:5:p:841-863. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.