Assessing a Perfect European Optimum Currency Area: A Common Cycles Approach
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Vahid, F & Engle, Robert F, 1993. "Common Trends and Common Cycles," Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 8(4), pages 341-360, Oct.-Dec..
- Helg, Rodolfo & Manasse, Paolo & Monacelli, Tommaso & Rovelli, Riccardo, 1995. "How much (a)symmetry in Europe? Evidence from industrial sectors," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 39(5), pages 1017-1041, May.
- Olivier Jean Blanchard & Lawrence F. Katz, 1992. "Regional Evolutions," Brookings Papers on Economic Activity, Economic Studies Program, The Brookings Institution, vol. 23(1), pages 1-76.
- Beine, Michel & Hecq, Alain, 1997. "Asymmetric Shocks Inside Future EMU," Journal of Economic Integration, Center for Economic Integration, Sejong University, vol. 12, pages 131-140.
- Bernard, Andrew B & Durlauf, Steven N, 1995. "Convergence in International Output," Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 10(2), pages 97-108, April-Jun.
- Vahid, Farshid & Engle, Robert F., 1997. "Codependent cycles," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 80(2), pages 199-221, October.
- Vahid, Farshid & Issler, João Victor, 1994. "Common cycles in macroeconomic aggregates," FGV/EPGE Economics Working Papers (Ensaios Economicos da EPGE) 233, FGV/EPGE - Escola Brasileira de Economia e Finanças, Getulio Vargas Foundation (Brazil).
- Engle, Robert F & Kozicki, Sharon, 1993. "Testing for Common Features," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 11(4), pages 369-380, October.
- Tamim Bayoumi, 1994. "A Formal Model of Optimum Currency Areas," IMF Staff Papers, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 41(4), pages 537-554, December.
- Jose Vinals & Juan F. Jimeno, "undated". "Monetary union and european unemployment," Working Papers 96-22, FEDEA.
- Johansen, Soren, 1995. "Likelihood-Based Inference in Cointegrated Vector Autoregressive Models," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780198774501.
- Engle, Robert F & Kozicki, Sharon, 1993. "Testing for Common Features: Reply," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 11(4), pages 393-395, October.
- Ricci, Luca Antonio, 2008.
"A Model of an Optimum Currency Area,"
Economics - The Open-Access, Open-Assessment E-Journal,
Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW), vol. 2, pages 1-31.
- Ricci, Luca Antonio, 1996. "A model of an optimum currency area," Discussion Papers, Series II 305, University of Konstanz, Collaborative Research Centre (SFB) 178 "Internationalization of the Economy".
- Ricci, Luca Antonio, 2007. "A Model of an Optimum Currency Area," Economics Discussion Papers 2007-45, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW).
- Luca A Ricci, 1997. "A Model of an Optimum Currency Area," IMF Working Papers 97/76, International Monetary Fund.
- Bean, Charles R, 1994. "European Unemployment: A Survey," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 32(2), pages 573-619, June.
- Artis, Michael J & Zhang, W, 1997.
"International Business Cycles and the ERM: Is There a European Business Cycle?,"
International Journal of Finance & Economics,
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 2(1), pages 1-16, January.
- Artis, Michael J & Zhang, Wenda, 1995. "International Business Cycles and the ERM: Is there a European Business Cycle?," CEPR Discussion Papers 1191, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Xavier Sala-i-Martin & Jeffrey Sachs, 1991.
"Fiscal Federalism and Optimum Currency Areas: Evidence for Europe From the United States,"
NBER Working Papers
3855, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Sachs, Jeffrey & Sala-i-Martin, Xavier, 1992. "Fiscal Federalism and Optimum Currency Areas: Evidence for Europe from the United States," CEPR Discussion Papers 632, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Hecq, Alain, 1998. "Does seasonal adjustment induce common cycles?," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 59(3), pages 289-297, June.
- Franses, Philip Hans, 1991. "Seasonality, non-stationarity and the forecasting of monthly time series," International Journal of Forecasting, Elsevier, vol. 7(2), pages 199-208, August.
- Candelon, Bertrand C.B. & Hecq, Alain W.J., 1998. "Stability of Okun's Law in a Codependent System," Discussion Papers (IRES - Institut de Recherches Economiques et Sociales) 1998016, Université catholique de Louvain, Institut de Recherches Economiques et Sociales (IRES).
- Michel Beine & Alain Hecq, 1999.
"Inference in Codependence : Some Monte Carlo Results and Applications,"
Annals of Economics and Statistics,
GENES, issue 54, pages 69-90.
- Michel Beine & Alain Hecq, 1999. "Inference in codependence: some Monte Carlo results and applications," ULB Institutional Repository 2013/10457, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Hecq, Alain & Palm, Franz C & Urbain, Jean-Pierre, 2000. " Permanent-Transitory Decomposition in VAR Models with Cointegration and Common Cycles," Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics, Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 62(4), pages 511-532, September.
- Fernando Barran & Virginie Coudert & Benoît Mojon, 1997. "La transmission des politiques monétaires dans les pays européens," Revue Française d'Économie, Programme National Persée, vol. 12(2), pages 133-158.
- Anderson, Heather M. & Vahid, Farshid, 1998. "Testing multiple equation systems for common nonlinear components," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 84(1), pages 1-36, May.
- Alain Hecq & Franz Palm & Jean-Pierre Urbain, 2001. "Testing for Common Cyclical Features in Var Models with Cointegration," CESifo Working Paper Series 451, CESifo Group Munich.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Sato, Kiyotaka & Zhang, Zhaoyong & Allen, David, 2009. "The suitability of a monetary union in East Asia: What does the cointegration approach tell?," Mathematics and Computers in Simulation (MATCOM), Elsevier, vol. 79(9), pages 2927-2937.
- Norbert Fiess, 2007.
"Business Cycle Synchronization and Regional Integration: A Case Study for Central America,"
World Bank Economic Review,
World Bank Group, vol. 21(1), pages 49-72.
- Norbert Fiess, "undated". "Business Cycle Synchronization and Regional Integration: A Case Study for Central America," Working Papers 2005_14, Business School - Economics, University of Glasgow.
- Fiess, Norbert, 2005. "Business cycle synchronization and regional integration: a case study for Central America," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3584, The World Bank.
- Adom, Assandé Désiré & Sharma, Subhash C. & Morshed, A.K.M. Mahbub, 2010. "Economic integration in Africa," The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 50(3), pages 245-253, August.
More about this item
KeywordsCommon cycles; optimum currency area; European monetary integration;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:empiri:v:27:y:2000:i:2:p:115-132. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.