Executive compensation in Asia: A critical review and outlook
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Rajan, Raghuram G. & Wulf, Julie, 2006. "Are perks purely managerial excess?," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 79(1), pages 1-33, January.
- Oded Shenkar & Mary Ann von Glinow, 1994. "Paradoxes of Organizational Theory and Research: Using the Case of China to Illustrate National Contingency," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 40(1), pages 56-71, January.
- Oyer, Paul, 2004. "Salary or Benefits?," Santa Cruz Department of Economics, Working Paper Series qt8xs3k3j8, Department of Economics, UC Santa Cruz.
- Firth, Michael & Fung, Peter M.Y. & Rui, Oliver M., 2006. "Corporate performance and CEO compensation in China," Journal of Corporate Finance, Elsevier, vol. 12(4), pages 693-714, September.
- Shleifer, Andrei & Vishny, Robert W, 1986. "Large Shareholders and Corporate Control," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 94(3), pages 461-488, June.
- Bai, Chong-En & Xu, Lixin Colin, 2005. "Incentives for CEOs with multitasks: Evidence from Chinese state-owned enterprises," Journal of Comparative Economics, Elsevier, vol. 33(3), pages 517-539, September.
- Kato, Takao, 1997.
"Chief executive compensation and corporate groups in Japan: New evidence from micro data,"
International Journal of Industrial Organization,
Elsevier, vol. 15(4), pages 455-467, July.
- Takao Kato, 1994. "Chief Executive Compensation and Corporate Groups in Japan: New Evidence from Micro Data," Economics Working Paper Archive wp_117, Levy Economics Institute.
- Takao Kato, 1999. "Chief Executive Compensation and Corporate Groups in Japan: New Evidence From Micro Data," Macroeconomics 9906003, EconWPA.
- Takao Kato, 1999. "Chief Executive Compensation and Corporate Groups in Japan: New Evidence From Micro Data," Macroeconomics 9904010, EconWPA.
- Abe, Naohito & Gaston, Noel & Kubo, Katsuyuki, 2005.
"Executive pay in Japan: the role of bank-appointed monitors and the Main Bank relationship,"
Japan and the World Economy,
Elsevier, vol. 17(3), pages 371-394, August.
- Abe, Naohito & Gaston, Noel & Kubo, Katsuyuki, 2001. "Executive Pay in Japan: The Role of Bank-Appointed Monitors and the Main Bank Relationship," CEI Working Paper Series 2001-10, Center for Economic Institutions, Institute of Economic Research, Hitotsubashi University.
- Alistair Bruce & Trevor Buck & Brian G. M. Main, 2005. "Top Executive Remuneration: A View from Europe," Journal of Management Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 42(7), pages 1493-1506, November.
- Tsang, Eric W. K., 2009. "Chinese Management Research at a Crossroads: Some Philosophical Considerations," Management and Organization Review, Cambridge University Press, vol. 5(01), pages 131-143, March.
- Hermalin, Benjamin E & Weisbach, Michael S, 1998.
"Endogenously Chosen Boards of Directors and Their Monitoring of the CEO,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 88(1), pages 96-118, March.
- Benjamin E. Hermalin & Michael S. Weisbach, 1996. "Endogenously Chosen Boards of Directors and Their Monitoring of the CEO," Microeconomics 9602001, EconWPA, revised 09 Oct 1996.
- Benjamin E. Hermalin & Michael S. Weisbach, 1996. "Endogenously Chosen Boards of Directors and Their Monitoring of the CEO," Working Papers _004, University of California at Berkeley, Haas School of Business.
- Michael Carney & Eric Gedajlovic & Xiaohua Yang, 2009. "Varieties of Asian capitalism: Toward an institutional theory of Asian enterprise," Asia Pacific Journal of Management, Springer, vol. 26(3), pages 361-380, September.
- Anne S. Tsui, 2004. "Contributing to Global Management Knowledge: A Case for High Quality Indigenous Research," Asia Pacific Journal of Management, Springer, vol. 21(4), pages 491-513, December.
- Isabelle Huault & V. Perret & S. Charreire-Petit, 2007. "Management," Post-Print halshs-00337676, HAL.
- Katsuyuki Kubo, 2005. "Executive Compensation Policy and Company Performance in Japan," Corporate Governance: An International Review, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 13(3), pages 429-436, May.
- Kato, Hideaki Kiyoshi & Lemmon, Michael & Luo, Mi & Schallheim, James, 2005. "An empirical examination of the costs and benefits of executive stock options: Evidence from Japan," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 78(2), pages 435-461, November.
- Michael N. Young & Mike W. Peng & David Ahlstrom & Garry D. Bruton & Yi Jiang, 2008. "Corporate Governance in Emerging Economies: A Review of the Principal-Principal Perspective," Journal of Management Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 45(1), pages 196-220, January.
- Jones, Derek C. & Kato, Takao, 1996. "The determinants of chief executive compensation in transitional economies: Evidence from Bulgaria," Labour Economics, Elsevier, vol. 3(3), pages 319-336, October.
- Geert Hofstede, 2007. "Asian management in the 21st century," Asia Pacific Journal of Management, Springer, vol. 24(4), pages 411-420, December.
- Luis Gomez-Mejia & Robert M. Wiseman & Bernadine Johnson Dykes, 2005. "Agency Problems in Diverse Contexts: A Global Perspective," Journal of Management Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 42(7), pages 1507-1517, November.
- Chang, Eunmi, 2006. "Individual pay for performance and commitment HR practices in South Korea," Journal of World Business, Elsevier, vol. 41(4), pages 368-381, December.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Steven Globerman & Mike Peng & Daniel Shapiro, 2011. "Corporate governance and Asian companies," Asia Pacific Journal of Management, Springer, vol. 28(1), pages 1-14, March.
- Liang, Hao & Renneboog, Luc & Sun, Sunny Li, 2015. "The political determinants of executive compensation: Evidence from an emerging economy," Emerging Markets Review, Elsevier, vol. 25(C), pages 69-91.
- Muhammad Fayyaz Sheikh & Syed Zulfiqar Ali Shah, 2016. "Executive Compensation, Firm Performance And Corporate Governance In An Emerging Economy," Proceedings of Business and Management Conferences 4406477, International Institute of Social and Economic Sciences.
- Lam, Kevin C.K. & McGuinness, Paul B. & Vieito, João Paulo, 2013. "CEO gender, executive compensation and firm performance in Chinese‐listed enterprises," Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 21(1), pages 1136-1159.
More about this item
KeywordsExecutive compensation; Asia; Review; Agency theory; Institution-based view;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:asiapa:v:27:y:2010:i:4:p:775-802. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.