The determinants of chief executive compensation in transitional economies: Evidence from Bulgaria
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Kato, Takao, 1997.
"Chief executive compensation and corporate groups in Japan: New evidence from micro data,"
International Journal of Industrial Organization,
Elsevier, vol. 15(4), pages 455-467, July.
- Takao Kato, 1994. "Chief Executive Compensation and Corporate Groups in Japan: New Evidence from Micro Data," Economics Working Paper Archive wp_117, Levy Economics Institute.
- Takao Kato, 1999. "Chief Executive Compensation and Corporate Groups in Japan: New Evidence From Micro Data," Macroeconomics 9904010, EconWPA.
- Takao Kato, 1999. "Chief Executive Compensation and Corporate Groups in Japan: New Evidence From Micro Data," Macroeconomics 9906003, EconWPA.
- Barry W. Ickes & Larry Samuelson, 1987. "Job Transfers and Incentives in Complex Organizations: Thwarting the Ratchet Effect," RAND Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 18(2), pages 275-286, Summer.
- Sherwin Rosen, 1990. "Contracts and the Market for Executives," NBER Working Papers 3542, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Linz, Susan J, 1995. "Russian Labor Market in Transition," Economic Development and Cultural Change, University of Chicago Press, vol. 43(4), pages 693-716, July.
- Kato, Takao & Rockel, Mark, 1992. "Experiences, credentials, and compensation in the Japanese and U.S. managerial labor markets: Evidence from new micro data," Journal of the Japanese and International Economies, Elsevier, vol. 6(1), pages 30-51, March.
- Rosen, S., 1990. "Contracts and Market for Executives," University of Chicago - Economics Research Center 90-12, Chicago - Economics Research Center.
- Martin L. Weitzman, 1976. "The New Soviet Incentive Model," Bell Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 7(1), pages 251-257, Spring.
- Steven N. Kaplan, 1992. "Top Executive Rewards and Firm Performance: A Comparison of Japan and the U.S," NBER Working Papers 4065, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Pinto, Brian & Belka, Marek & Krajewski, Stefan, 1993. "Transforming state enterprises in Poland : macroeconomic evidence on adjustment," Policy Research Working Paper Series 1101, The World Bank.
- repec:taf:ceasxx:v:40:y:1988:i:2:p:175-195 is not listed on IDEAS
- Ash, Timothy N & Hare, Paul G, 1994. "Privatisation in the Russian Federation: Changing Enterprise Behaviour in the Transition Period," Cambridge Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 18(6), pages 619-634, December.
- Ronald G. Ehrenberg & George T. Milkovich, 1987. "Compensation and Firm Performance," NBER Working Papers 2145, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Kato, Takao & Kim, Woochan & Lee, Ju Ho, 2007.
"Executive compensation, firm performance, and Chaebols in Korea: Evidence from new panel data,"
Pacific-Basin Finance Journal,
Elsevier, vol. 15(1), pages 36-55, January.
- Kato, Takao & Kim, Woochan & Lee, Ju Ho, 2005. "Executive Compensation, Firm Performance, and Chaebols in Korea: Evidence from New Panel Data," IZA Discussion Papers 1783, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Liang, Hao & Renneboog, Luc & Sun, Sunny Li, 2015. "The political determinants of executive compensation: Evidence from an emerging economy," Emerging Markets Review, Elsevier, vol. 25(C), pages 69-91.
- Kato, Takao & Long, Cheryl, 2011.
"Tournaments and managerial incentives in China's listed firms: New evidence,"
China Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 22(1), pages 1-10, March.
- Kato, Takao & Long, Cheryl, 2008. "Tournaments and Managerial Incentives in China's Listed Firms: New Evidence," IZA Discussion Papers 3730, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Sunny Sun & Xia Zhao & Haibin Yang, 2010. "Executive compensation in Asia: A critical review and outlook," Asia Pacific Journal of Management, Springer, vol. 27(4), pages 775-802, December.
- S. Dobbelaere, 2003. "Ownership, Firm Size and Rent Sharing in a Transition Country," Working Papers of Faculty of Economics and Business Administration, Ghent University, Belgium 03/170, Ghent University, Faculty of Economics and Business Administration.
- Brunello, Giorgio & Graziano, Clara & Parigi, Bruno, 2001. "Executive compensation and firm performance in Italy," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 19(1-2), pages 133-161, January.
- Dobbelaere, Sabien, 2004. "Ownership, firm size and rent sharing in Bulgaria," Labour Economics, Elsevier, vol. 11(2), pages 165-189, April.
- Aleksandra Gregoric & Saso Polanec & Sergeja Slapnicar, 2008. "Pay me Right: Reference Values and Executive Compensation," LICOS Discussion Papers 22008, LICOS - Centre for Institutions and Economic Performance, KU Leuven.
- repec:eee:labchp:v:3:y:1999:i:pb:p:2809-2857 is not listed on IDEAS
- Claessens, Stijn & Djankov, Simeon, 1999. "Enterprise performance and management turnover in the Czech Republic," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 43(4-6), pages 1115-1124, April.
- repec:eee:labchp:v:3:y:1999:i:pb:p:2485-2563 is not listed on IDEAS
- Simeon Djankov & Stijn Claessens, 1997. "Enterprise Performance and Managers' Profiles," William Davidson Institute Working Papers Series 115, William Davidson Institute at the University of Michigan.
- Taye Mengistae & Lixin Colin Xu, 2004. "Agency Theory and Executive Compensation: The Case of Chinese State-Owned Enterprises," Journal of Labor Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 22(3), pages 615-638, July.
- Svejnar, Jan, 1999. "Labor markets in the transitional Central and East European economies," Handbook of Labor Economics,in: O. Ashenfelter & D. Card (ed.), Handbook of Labor Economics, edition 1, volume 3, chapter 42, pages 2809-2857 Elsevier.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:labeco:v:3:y:1996:i:3:p:319-336. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/labeco .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.