Japanese horizontal keiretsu and the performance implications of membership
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Miwa, Yoshiro & Ramseyer, J. Mark, 2006.
"The Fable of the Keiretsu,"
University of Chicago Press Economics Books,
University of Chicago Press,
edition 0, number 9780226532707, January.
- Michael Carney, 2005. "Globalization and the Renewal of Asian Business Networks," Asia Pacific Journal of Management, Springer, vol. 22(4), pages 337-354, December.
- Takeo Hoshi & Anil Kashyap & David Scharfstein, 1991.
"Corporate Structure, Liquidity, and Investment: Evidence from Japanese Industrial Groups,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
Oxford University Press, vol. 106(1), pages 33-60.
- Takeo Hoshi & Anil K. Kashyap & David Scharfstein, 1989. "Corporate structure, liquidity, and investment: evidence from Japanese industrial groups," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 82, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Weinstein, David E & Yafeh, Yishay, 1995.
"Japan's Corporate Groups: Collusion or Competitive? An Empirical Investigation of Keiretsu Behavior,"
Journal of Industrial Economics,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 43(4), pages 359-376, December.
- Weinstein, D.E. & Yafeh, Y., 1993. "Japan's Corporate Groups: Collusive or Competitive? An Empirical Investigation of Keiretsu Behavior," Harvard Institute of Economic Research Working Papers 1623, Harvard - Institute of Economic Research.
- Hoshi, Takeo & Kashyap, Anil & Scharfstein, David, 1990.
"The role of banks in reducing the costs of financial distress in Japan,"
Journal of Financial Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 27(1), pages 67-88, September.
- Takeo Hoshi & Anil Kashyap & David Scharfstein, 1990. "The Role of Banks in Reducing the Costs of Financial Distress in Japan," NBER Working Papers 3435, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Masahiko Aoki, 2013. "Toward an Economic Model of the Japanese Firm," Chapters,in: Comparative Institutional Analysis, chapter 18, pages 315-341 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Flath, David, 1996. "The Keiretsu Puzzle," Journal of the Japanese and International Economies, Elsevier, vol. 10(2), pages 101-121, June.
- Hicheon Kim & Robert E. Hoskisson & Laszlo Tihanyi & Jaebum Hong, 2004. "The Evolution and Restructuring of Diversified Business Groups in Emerging Markets: The Lessons from Chaebols in Korea," Asia Pacific Journal of Management, Springer, vol. 21(1_2), pages 25-48, March.
- Sheard, Paul, 1989. "The main bank system and corporate monitoring and control in Japan," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 11(3), pages 399-422, May.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Sea-Jin Chang, 2006. "Business groups in East Asia: Post-crisis restructuring and new growth," Asia Pacific Journal of Management, Springer, vol. 23(4), pages 407-417, December.
- Toru Yoshikawa & Jean McGuire, 2008. "Change and continuity in Japanese corporate governance," Asia Pacific Journal of Management, Springer, vol. 25(1), pages 5-24, January.
- Jean McGuire & Sandra Dow, 2009. "Japanese keiretsu: Past, present, future," Asia Pacific Journal of Management, Springer, vol. 26(2), pages 333-351, June.
- Asli Colpan, 2008. "Are strategy-performance relationships contingent on macroeconomic environments? Evidence from Japan’s textile industry," Asia Pacific Journal of Management, Springer, vol. 25(4), pages 635-665, December.
More about this item
KeywordsHorizontal keiretsu; Performance; Risk sharing;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:asiapa:v:23:y:2006:i:4:p:453-466. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.