Japanese horizontal keiretsu and the performance implications of membership
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Miwa, Yoshiro & Ramseyer, J. Mark, 2006.
"The Fable of the Keiretsu,"
University of Chicago Press Economics Books,
University of Chicago Press,
edition 0, number 9780226532707, February.
- Michael Carney, 2005. "Globalization and the Renewal of Asian Business Networks," Asia Pacific Journal of Management, Springer, vol. 22(4), pages 337-354, December.
- Takeo Hoshi & Anil Kashyap & David Scharfstein, 1991.
"Corporate Structure, Liquidity, and Investment: Evidence from Japanese Industrial Groups,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
Oxford University Press, vol. 106(1), pages 33-60.
- Takeo Hoshi & Anil K. Kashyap & David Scharfstein, 1989. "Corporate structure, liquidity, and investment: evidence from Japanese industrial groups," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 82, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Weinstein, David E & Yafeh, Yishay, 1995.
"Japan's Corporate Groups: Collusion or Competitive? An Empirical Investigation of Keiretsu Behavior,"
Journal of Industrial Economics,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 43(4), pages 359-376, December.
- Weinstein, D.E. & Yafeh, Y., 1993. "Japan's Corporate Groups: Collusive or Competitive? An Empirical Investigation of Keiretsu Behavior," Harvard Institute of Economic Research Working Papers 1623, Harvard - Institute of Economic Research.
- Hoshi, Takeo & Kashyap, Anil & Scharfstein, David, 1990.
"The role of banks in reducing the costs of financial distress in Japan,"
Journal of Financial Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 27(1), pages 67-88, September.
- Takeo Hoshi & Anil Kashyap & David Scharfstein, 1990. "The Role of Banks in Reducing the Costs of Financial Distress in Japan," NBER Working Papers 3435, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Masahiko Aoki, 2013. "Toward an Economic Model of the Japanese Firm," Chapters,in: Comparative Institutional Analysis, chapter 18, pages 315-341 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Flath, David, 1996. "The Keiretsu Puzzle," Journal of the Japanese and International Economies, Elsevier, vol. 10(2), pages 101-121, June.
- Hicheon Kim & Robert E. Hoskisson & Laszlo Tihanyi & Jaebum Hong, 2004. "The Evolution and Restructuring of Diversified Business Groups in Emerging Markets: The Lessons from Chaebols in Korea," Asia Pacific Journal of Management, Springer, vol. 21(1_2), pages 25-48, March.
- Sheard, Paul, 1989. "The main bank system and corporate monitoring and control in Japan," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 11(3), pages 399-422, May.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Sea-Jin Chang, 2006. "Business groups in East Asia: Post-crisis restructuring and new growth," Asia Pacific Journal of Management, Springer, vol. 23(4), pages 407-417, December.
- Asli Colpan, 2008. "Are strategy-performance relationships contingent on macroeconomic environments? Evidence from Japan’s textile industry," Asia Pacific Journal of Management, Springer, vol. 25(4), pages 635-665, December.
- Toru Yoshikawa & Jean McGuire, 2008. "Change and continuity in Japanese corporate governance," Asia Pacific Journal of Management, Springer, vol. 25(1), pages 5-24, January.
- Jean McGuire & Sandra Dow, 2009. "Japanese keiretsu: Past, present, future," Asia Pacific Journal of Management, Springer, vol. 26(2), pages 333-351, June.
More about this item
KeywordsHorizontal keiretsu; Performance; Risk sharing;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:asiapa:v:23:y:2006:i:4:p:453-466. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .