Business groups in East Asia: Post-crisis restructuring and new growth
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Takehiko Isobe & Shige Makino & Anthony Goerzen, 2006. "Japanese horizontal keiretsu and the performance implications of membership," Asia Pacific Journal of Management, Springer, vol. 23(4), pages 453-466, December.
- Takehiko Isobe & Shige Makino & Anthony Goerzen, 2006. "Japanese Horizontal Keiretsu and the Performance Implications of Membership," Discussion Paper Series 190, Research Institute for Economics & Business Administration, Kobe University.
- Granovetter, Mark, 1995. "Coase Revisited: Business Groups in the Modern Economy," Industrial and Corporate Change, Oxford University Press, vol. 4(1), pages 93-130.
- Xufei Ma & Xiaotao Yao & Youmin Xi, 2006. "Business group affiliation and firm performance in a transition economy: A focus on ownership voids," Asia Pacific Journal of Management, Springer, vol. 23(4), pages 467-483, December.
- Johnson, Simon & Boone, Peter & Breach, Alasdair & Friedman, Eric, 2000.
"Corporate governance in the Asian financial crisis,"
Journal of Financial Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 58(1-2), pages 141-186.
- Simon Johnson & Peter Boone & Alasdair Breach & Eric Friedman, 1999. "Corporate Governance in the Asian Financial Crisis," William Davidson Institute Working Papers Series 297, William Davidson Institute at the University of Michigan.
- Eric Friedman & Simon Johnson & Peter Boone & Alasdair Breach, 1999. "Corporate Governance in the Asian Financial Crisis," Departmental Working Papers 199920, Rutgers University, Department of Economics.
- Leff, Nathaniel H, 1978. "Industrial Organization and Entrepreneurship in the Developing Countries: The Economic Groups," Economic Development and Cultural Change, University of Chicago Press, vol. 26(4), pages 661-675, July.
- Chang,Sea-Jin, 2003. "Financial Crisis and Transformation of Korean Business Groups," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521814355, March.
- Yuan Lu & Jun Yao, 2006. "Impact of state ownership and control mechanisms on the performance of group affiliated companies in China," Asia Pacific Journal of Management, Springer, vol. 23(4), pages 485-503, December.
- Marleen Dieleman & Wladimir Sachs, 2006. "Oscillating between a relationship-based and a market-based model: The Salim Group," Asia Pacific Journal of Management, Springer, vol. 23(4), pages 521-536, December.
- Ben Kedia & Debmalya Mukherjee & Somnath Lahiri, 2006. "Indian business groups: Evolution and transformation," Asia Pacific Journal of Management, Springer, vol. 23(4), pages 559-577, December.
- Ghemawat, Pankaj & Khanna, Tarun, 1998. "The Nature of Diversified Business Groups: A Research Design and Two Case Studies," Journal of Industrial Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 46(1), pages 35-61, March.
- Colin Mayer, 1998. "Financial Systems and Corporate Governance: A Review of the International Evidence," Journal of Institutional and Theoretical Economics (JITE), Mohr Siebeck, Tübingen, vol. 154(1), pages 144-144, March.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Mike Peng, 2007. "Celebrating 25 years of Asia Pacific management research," Asia Pacific Journal of Management, Springer, vol. 24(4), pages 385-393, December.
- Lee, Keonbeom & Peng, Mike W. & Lee, Keun, 2008. "From diversification premium to diversification discount during institutional transitions," Journal of World Business, Elsevier, vol. 43(1), pages 47-65, January.
- Rugman, Alan M. & Oh, Chang Hoon, 2008. "Korea's multinationals in a regional world," Journal of World Business, Elsevier, vol. 43(1), pages 5-15, January.
- Nisan Selekler-Gökþen & Özlem Yýldýrým-Öktem, 2008. "The Impact Of Board Characteristics On The Internationalization Of Business Group Affiliates," Bogazici Journal, Review of Social, Economic and Administrative Studies, Bogazici University, Department of Economics, vol. 22(1+2), pages 53-71.
- Yuan Lu & Eric Tsang & Mike Peng, 2008. "Knowledge management and innovation strategy in the Asia Pacific: Toward an institution-based view," Asia Pacific Journal of Management, Springer, vol. 25(3), pages 361-374, September.
- Bing Ren & Kevin Au & Thomas Birtch, 2009. "China’s business network structure during institutional transitions," Asia Pacific Journal of Management, Springer, vol. 26(2), pages 219-240, June.
- Michael Carney, 2008. "The many futures of Asian business groups," Asia Pacific Journal of Management, Springer, vol. 25(4), pages 595-613, December.
- Mike Peng, 2007. "Globalizing the Asia Pacific Journal of Management," Asia Pacific Journal of Management, Springer, vol. 24(1), pages 1-7, March.
- Choi, Young Rok & Yoshikawa, Toru & Zahra, Shaker A. & Han, Bong H., 2014. "Market-oriented institutional change and R&D investments: Do business groups enhance advantage?," Journal of World Business, Elsevier, vol. 49(4), pages 466-475.
- Mike Peng & Andrew Delios, 2006. "What determines the scope of the firm over time and around the world? An Asia Pacific perspective," Asia Pacific Journal of Management, Springer, vol. 23(4), pages 385-405, December.
- Kwon, Yonghyun & Han, Seung Hun & Lee, Bong-Soo, 2016. "Financial constraints and negative spillovers in business groups: Evidence from Korea," Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 39(C), pages 84-100.
- Roderick Bugador, 2015. "The Stages Of International Growth Of The Business Groups From Emerging Economies," Organizations and Markets in Emerging Economies, Faculty of Economics, Vilnius University, vol. 6(2).
- Ming Hua Li & Lin Cui & Jiangyong Lu, 2017. "Marketized state ownership and foreign expansion of emerging market multinationals: Leveraging institutional competitive advantages," Asia Pacific Journal of Management, Springer, vol. 34(1), pages 19-46, March.
- Ying-Yu Chen & Yi-Long Jaw, 2014. "How do business groups’ small world networks effect diversification, innovation, and internationalization?," Asia Pacific Journal of Management, Springer, vol. 31(4), pages 1019-1044, December.
- Dinesh Jaisinghani, 2016. "Group affiliation, R%D and firm performance: empirical evidence from Indian manufacturing sector," International Journal of Business and Emerging Markets, Inderscience Enterprises Ltd, vol. 8(1), pages 30-48.
- Mark Dodgson, 2009. "Asia’s national innovation systems: Institutional adaptability and rigidity in the face of global innovation challenges," Asia Pacific Journal of Management, Springer, vol. 26(3), pages 589-609, September.
- Nguyen, Anh & Nguyen, Nhat, 2010. "Vietnam Industrial Policy and Large Economic Groups: A discussion," MPRA Paper 63461, University Library of Munich, Germany.
More about this item
KeywordsBusiness group; East Asia; Post-crisis restructuring;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:asiapa:v:23:y:2006:i:4:p:407-417. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.