Testing chaotic dynamics via Lyapunov exponents
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
References listed on IDEAS
- Bajo-Rubio, Oscar & Fernandez-Rodriguez, Fernando & Sosvilla-Rivero, Simon, 1992. "Chaotic behaviour in exchange-rate series : First results for the Peseta--U.S. dollar case," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 39(2), pages 207-211, June.
- Scheinkman, Jose A & LeBaron, Blake, 1989. "Nonlinear Dynamics and Stock Returns," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 62(3), pages 311-337, July.
- Gencay Ramazan & Dechert W. Davis, 1996. "The Identification of Spurious Lyapunov Exponents in Jacobian Algorithms," Studies in Nonlinear Dynamics & Econometrics, De Gruyter, vol. 1(3), pages 1-12, October.
- Ding, Zhuanxin & Granger, Clive W. J. & Engle, Robert F., 1993. "A long memory property of stock market returns and a new model," Journal of Empirical Finance, Elsevier, vol. 1(1), pages 83-106, June.
- Barnett, William A. & Gallant, A. Ronald & Hinich, Melvin J. & Jungeilges, Jochen A. & Kaplan, Daniel T. & Jensen, Mark J., 1997.
"A single-blind controlled competition among tests for nonlinearity and chaos,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 82(1), pages 157-192.
- William A. Barnett & A. Ronald Gallant & Melvin J. Hinich & Jochen A. Jungeilges & Daniel T. Kaplan & Mark J. Jensen, 1996. "A Single-Blind Controlled Competition among Tests for Nonlinearity and Chaos," Econometrics 9602005, EconWPA, revised 29 Jan 1997.
- William Barnett & A. Ronald Gallant & Melvin J. Hinich & Jochen A. Jungeilges & Daniel T. Kaplan & Mark J. Jensen, 2012. "A Single-Blind Controlled Competition Among Tests For Nonlinearity And Chaos," WORKING PAPERS SERIES IN THEORETICAL AND APPLIED ECONOMICS 201219, University of Kansas, Department of Economics, revised Sep 2012.
- Bask , Mikael, 1997. "Deterministic Chaos in Exchange Rates?," Umeå Economic Studies 453, Umeå University, Department of Economics.
- Mayfield, E Scott & Mizrach, Bruce, 1992. "On Determining the Dimension of Real-Time Stock-Price Data," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 10(3), pages 367-374, July.
- Dechert, W D & Gencay, R, 1992. "Lyapunov Exponents as a Nonparametric Diagnostic for Stability Analysis," Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 7(S), pages 41-60, Suppl. De.
- Sergio Da Silva, 2001. "Chaotic Exchange Rate Dynamics Redux," Open Economies Review, Springer, vol. 12(3), pages 281-304, July.
- Newey, Whitney & West, Kenneth, 2014.
"A simple, positive semi-definite, heteroscedasticity and autocorrelation consistent covariance matrix,"
Publishing House "SINERGIA PRESS", vol. 33(1), pages 125-132.
- Newey, Whitney K & West, Kenneth D, 1987. "A Simple, Positive Semi-definite, Heteroskedasticity and Autocorrelation Consistent Covariance Matrix," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 55(3), pages 703-708, May.
- Whitney K. Newey & Kenneth D. West, 1986. "A Simple, Positive Semi-Definite, Heteroskedasticity and AutocorrelationConsistent Covariance Matrix," NBER Technical Working Papers 0055, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Whang, Yoon-Jae & Linton, Oliver, 1999.
"The asymptotic distribution of nonparametric estimates of the Lyapunov exponent for stochastic time series,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 91(1), pages 1-42, July.
- Yoon-Jae Whang & Oliver Linton, 1997. "The Asymptotic Distribution of Nonparametric Estimates of the Lyapunov Exponent for Stochastic Time Series," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 1130R, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- Mototsugu Shintani & Oliver Linton, 2003.
"Is There Chaos in the World Economy? A Nonparametric Test Using Consistent Standard Errors,"
International Economic Review,
Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 44(1), pages 331-357, February.
- Mototsugu Shintani & Oliver Linton, 2001. "Is There Chaos in the World Economy? A Nonparametric Test Using Consistent Standard Errors," Vanderbilt University Department of Economics Working Papers 0111, Vanderbilt University Department of Economics.
- Oliver Linton & Mototsugu Shintani, 2001. "Is There Chaos in the World Economy? A Nonparametric Test Using Consistent Standard Errors," FMG Discussion Papers dp383, Financial Markets Group.
- Bollerslev, Tim & Chou, Ray Y. & Kroner, Kenneth F., 1992. "ARCH modeling in finance : A review of the theory and empirical evidence," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 52(1-2), pages 5-59.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Loretta Mastroeni & Pierluigi Vellucci, 2016. "“Butterfly Effect" vs Chaos in Energy Futures Markets," Departmental Working Papers of Economics - University 'Roma Tre' 0209, Department of Economics - University Roma Tre.
- Park, Joon Y. & Whang, Yoon-Jae, 2012.
"Random walk or chaos: A formal test on the Lyapunov exponent,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 169(1), pages 61-74.
- Joon Y. Park & Yoon-Jae Whang, 1999. "Random Walk or Chaos: A Formal Test on the Lyapunov Exponent," Working Paper Series no9, Institute of Economic Research, Seoul National University.
- Matilla-García, Mariano & Marín, Manuel Ruiz, 2010.
"A new test for chaos and determinism based on symbolic dynamics,"
Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization,
Elsevier, vol. 76(3), pages 600-614, December.
- Mariano Matilla-García & Manuel Ruiz Marín, 2010. "A New Test for Chaos and Determinism based on Symbolic Dynamics," Post-Print hal-00911819, HAL.
- Resende, Marcelo & Zeidan, Rodrigo M., 2008. "Expectations and chaotic dynamics: Empirical evidence on exchange rates," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 99(1), pages 33-35, April.
- Bask, Mikael & Widerberg, Anna, 2009.
"Market structure and the stability and volatility of electricity prices,"
Elsevier, vol. 31(2), pages 278-288, March.
- Bask, Mikael & Widerberg, Anna, 2008. "Market Structure and the Stability and Volatility of Electricity Prices," Working Papers in Economics 327, University of Gothenburg, Department of Economics.
- Bask, Miia & Bask, Mikael, 2010. "Inequality Generating Processes and Measurement of the Matthew Effect," Working Paper Series 2010:19, Uppsala University, Department of Economics.
- Matilla-Garcia, Mariano, 2007. "A non-parametric test for independence based on symbolic dynamics," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 31(12), pages 3889-3903, December.
- Mariano Matilla-García & Manuel Ruiz Marín & Mohammed Dore & Rina Ojeda, 2014. "Nonparametric correlation integral–based tests for linear and nonlinear stochastic processes," Decisions in Economics and Finance, Springer;Associazione per la Matematica, vol. 37(1), pages 181-193, April.
- Bask, Mikael, 2010. "Measuring potential market risk," Journal of Financial Stability, Elsevier, vol. 6(3), pages 180-186, September.
- Loretta Mastroeni & Pierluigi Vellucci, 2016. ""Butterfly Effect" vs Chaos in Energy Futures Markets," Papers 1610.05697, arXiv.org.
- Bask, Mikael, 2007. "Measuring potential market risk," Research Discussion Papers 20/2007, Bank of Finland.
- Matilla-Garcia, Mariano & Ruiz Marin, Manuel, 2008. "A non-parametric independence test using permutation entropy," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 144(1), pages 139-155, May.
- Demos, Guilherme & Da Silva, Sergio & Matsushita, Raul, 2015. "Some Statistical Properties of the Mini Flash Crashes," MPRA Paper 65473, University Library of Munich, Germany.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:jae:japmet:v:20:y:2005:i:7:p:911-930. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum). General contact details of provider: http://www.interscience.wiley.com/jpages/0883-7252/ .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.