Convergence in the trends and cycles of Euro-zone income
Multivariate unobserved components (structural) time series models are fitted to annual post-war observations on real income per capita in countries in the Euro-zone. The aim is to establish stylized facts about convergence as it relates both to long-run and short-run movements. A new model, in which convergence components are combined with a common trend and similar cycles, is proposed. The convergence components are formulated as a second-order error correction mechanism; this ensures that the extracted components change smoothly, thereby enabling them to be separated from transitory cycles. Copyright © 2005 John Wiley & Sons, Ltd.
Volume (Year): 20 (2005)
Issue (Month): 2 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.interscience.wiley.com/jpages/0883-7252/|
|Order Information:|| Web: http://www3.interscience.wiley.com/jcatalog/subscribe.jsp?issn=0883-7252 Email: |
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Bernard, A.B. & Durlauf, S.N., 1993.
"Convergence in International Output,"
93-7, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Department of Economics.
- Michele Boldrin & Fabio Canova, 2001. "Inequality and convergence in Europe's regions: reconsidering European regional policies," Economic Policy, CEPR;CES;MSH, vol. 16(32), pages 205-253, 04.
- Abuaf, Niso & Jorion, Philippe, 1990. " Purchasing Power Parity in the Long Run," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 45(1), pages 157-74, March.
- Durlauf, S.N. & Johnson, P.A., 1994.
"Multiple Regimes and Cross-Country Growth Behavior,"
9419, Wisconsin Madison - Social Systems.
- Durlauf, Steven N & Johnson, Paul A, 1995. "Multiple Regimes and Cross-Country Growth Behaviour," Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 10(4), pages 365-84, Oct.-Dec..
- Durlauf, S.M. & Johnson, P.A., 1995. "Multiple Regimes and Cross-Country Growth Behavior," Working papers 9419r, Wisconsin Madison - Social Systems.
This item is featured on the following reading lists or Wikipedia pages:
- Convergence in the trends and cycles of Euro-zone income (JAE 2005) in ReplicationWiki
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:jae:japmet:v:20:y:2005:i:2:p:275-289. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.