The Interaction between Housing Investment and Economic Growth in China
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Liu Hongyu, 1998. "Government Intervention and Performance of the Housing Sector in Urban China," International Real Estate Review, Asian Real Estate Society, vol. 1(1), pages 127-149.
- Toda, Hiro Y & Phillips, Peter C B, 1993. "Vector Autoregressions and Causality," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 61(6), pages 1367-1393, November.
- Engle, Robert & Granger, Clive, 2015.
"Co-integration and error correction: Representation, estimation, and testing,"
Publishing House "SINERGIA PRESS", vol. 39(3), pages 106-135.
- Engle, Robert F & Granger, Clive W J, 1987. "Co-integration and Error Correction: Representation, Estimation, and Testing," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 55(2), pages 251-276, March.
- Fang, Cheng & Zhang, Xiaobo & Fan, Shenggen, 2002. "Emergence of urban poverty and inequality in China: evidence from household survey," China Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 13(4), pages 430-443, December.
- Johansen, Soren, 1991. "Estimation and Hypothesis Testing of Cointegration Vectors in Gaussian Vector Autoregressive Models," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 59(6), pages 1551-1580, November.
- Neely, Christopher J. & Weller, Paul, 2000.
"Predictability in International Asset Returns: A Reexamination,"
Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis,
Cambridge University Press, vol. 35(04), pages 601-620, December.
- Christopher J. Neely & Paul A. Weller, 1999. "Predictability in international asset returns: a reexamination," Working Papers 1997-010, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis.
- Paul Weller & Christopher Neely, 1999. "Predictability in International Asset Returns: A Re-examination," Working Papers wp99-03, Warwick Business School, Finance Group.
- Andrews, Donald W K, 1993.
"Tests for Parameter Instability and Structural Change with Unknown Change Point,"
Econometric Society, vol. 61(4), pages 821-856, July.
- Donald W.K. Andrews, 1990. "Tests for Parameter Instability and Structural Change with Unknown Change Point," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 943, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- Richard K. Green, 1997.
"Follow the Leader: How Changes in Residential and Non-residential Investment Predict Changes in GDP,"
Real Estate Economics,
American Real Estate and Urban Economics Association, vol. 25(2), pages 253-270.
- Richard K. Green, 1996. "Follow the Leader: How Changes In Residential and Non-Residential Investment Predict Changes in GDP," Wisconsin-Madison CULER working papers 96-05, University of Wisconsin Center for Urban Land Economic Research.
- Zhang, Wei-Bin, 1994. "Capital, population and urban patterns," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 24(2), pages 273-286, April.
- Brito, Paulo M. B. & Pereira, Alfredo M., 2002. "Housing and Endogenous Long-Term Growth," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 51(2), pages 246-271, March.
- Braid, Ralph M., 2001. "Spatial Growth and Redevelopment with Perfect Foresight and Durable Housing," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 49(3), pages 425-452, May.
- Hiro Y. Toda & Peter C.B. Phillips, 1991. "Vector Autoregression and Causality: A Theoretical Overview and Simulation Study," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 1001, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- Madsen, Jakob B., 2002. "The causality between investment and economic growth," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 74(2), pages 157-163, January.
- Yi Wen, 2001. "Residential Investment and Economic Growth," Annals of Economics and Finance, Society for AEF, vol. 2(2), pages 437-444, November.
- Charles Ka Yui Leung, 2003. "Economic Growth And Increasing House Prices," Pacific Economic Review, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 8(2), pages 183-190, June.
- N. Edward Coulson & Myeong-Soo Kim, 2000. "Residential Investment, Non-residential Investment and GDP," Real Estate Economics, American Real Estate and Urban Economics Association, vol. 28(2), pages 233-247.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Christian Dreger & Yanqun Zhang, 2010.
"Is There a Bubble in the Chinese Housing Market?,"
Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin
1081, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- Christian Dreger & Yanqun Zhang, 2011. "Is there a bubble in the Chinese housing market?," ERSA conference papers ersa11p261, European Regional Science Association.
- Dreger, Christian & Zhang, Yanqun, 2010. "Is there a bubble in the Chinese housing market?," Discussion Papers 290, European University Viadrina Frankfurt (Oder), Department of Business Administration and Economics.
- Xiaolong Liu & Weidong Qu, 2015. "Winner's Curse or Signaling? Bidding Outcomes in the Chinese Land Market," International Real Estate Review, Asian Real Estate Society, vol. 18(1), pages 113-129.
- Kazuya Tani & Yoshiyuki Kikuchi & Hideo Takaoka & Shubin Lin, 2014. "Housing Acquisition Process for Public Housing and Commodity Housing in Shanghai: A Survey of Residents," International Real Estate Review, Asian Real Estate Society, vol. 17(3), pages 415-444.
- Honghao Ren & Henk Folmer & Arno Vlist, 2014. "What role does the real estate–construction sector play in China’s regional economy?," The Annals of Regional Science, Springer;Western Regional Science Association, vol. 52(3), pages 839-857, May.
- Steven A Barnett & Ray Brooks, 2006. "What’s Driving Investment in China?," IMF Working Papers 06/265, International Monetary Fund.
- Wensheng Peng & Dickson C. Tam & Matthew S. Yiu, 2007. "The Property Market and the Macroeconomy of the Mainland: A Cross Region Study," Working Papers 052007, Hong Kong Institute for Monetary Research.
- Erol, Isil & Unal, Umut, 2015. "Role of Construction Sector in Economic Growth: New Evidence from Turkey," MPRA Paper 68263, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Zhang, Yanbing & Hua, Xiuping & Zhao, Liang, 2011. "Monetary policy and housing prices : a case study of Chinese experience in 1999-2010," BOFIT Discussion Papers 17/2011, Bank of Finland, Institute for Economies in Transition.
- Michael, Bryane & Zhao, Simon, 2016. "Bubble Economics How Big a Shock to China’s Real Estate Sector Will Throw the Country into Recession, and Why Does It Matter?," EconStor Preprints 141314, ZBW - German National Library of Economics.
- Liu, Chunping & Ou, Zhirong, 2017. "What determines China's housing price dynamics? New evidence from a DSGE-VAR," Cardiff Economics Working Papers E2017/4, Cardiff University, Cardiff Business School, Economics Section.
More about this item
KeywordsEconomic growth; housing investment; non-housing investment; Granger causality; cointegration; error correction model;
- L85 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Services - - - Real Estate Services
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ire:issued:v:05:n:01:2002:p:40_60. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (IRER Secretary Office/Webmaster). General contact details of provider: http://www.asres.org/ .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.