Is There a Bubble in the Chinese Housing Market?
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Dreger, Christian & Zhang, Yanqun, 2010. "Is there a bubble in the Chinese housing market?," Discussion Papers 290, European University Viadrina Frankfurt (Oder), Department of Business Administration and Economics.
- Christian Dreger & Yanqun Zhang, 2011. "Is there a bubble in the Chinese housing market?," ERSA conference papers ersa11p261, European Regional Science Association.
References listed on IDEAS
- Pietro Cova & Massimiliano Pisani & Alessandro Rebucci, 2010. "Macroeconomic Effects of China’s Fiscal Stimulus," Research Department Publications 4689, Inter-American Development Bank, Research Department.
- Campbell, John Y & Shiller, Robert J, 1987.
"Cointegration and Tests of Present Value Models,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 95(5), pages 1062-1088, October.
- John Y. Campbell & Robert J. Shiller, 1986. "Cointegration and Tests of Present Value Models," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 785, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- Campbell, John & Shiller, Robert, 1987. "Cointegration and Tests of Present Value Models," Scholarly Articles 3122490, Harvard University Department of Economics.
- John Y. Campbell & Robert J. Shiller, 1986. "Cointegration and Tests of Present Value Models," NBER Working Papers 1885, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Anindya Banerjee & Massimiliano Marcellino & Chiara Osbat, 2004.
"Some cautions on the use of panel methods for integrated series of macroeconomic data,"
Royal Economic Society, vol. 7(2), pages 322-340, December.
- Anindya Banerjee & Massimiliano Marcellino & Chiara Osbat, "undated". "Some Cautions on the Use of Panel Methods for Integrated Series of Macro-Economic Data," Working Papers 170, IGIER (Innocenzo Gasparini Institute for Economic Research), Bocconi University.
- Banerjee, A. & Marcellino, M. & Osbat, C., 2000. "Some Cautions on the Use of Panel Methods for Integrated Series of Macro-economic Data," Economics Working Papers eco2000/20, European University Institute.
- Kremers, Jeroen J M & Ericsson, Neil R & Dolado, Juan J, 1992. "The Power of Cointegration Tests," Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics, Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 54(3), pages 325-348, August.
- Joakim Westerlund, 2007.
"Testing for Error Correction in Panel Data,"
Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics,
Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 69(6), pages 709-748, December.
- Westerlund, Joakim, 2005. "Testing for Error Correction in Panel Data," Working Papers 2005:11, Lund University, Department of Economics.
- Westerlund, J., 2016. "Testing for error correction in panel data," Research Memorandum 056, Maastricht University, Maastricht Research School of Economics of Technology and Organization (METEOR).
- Chen, Jie & Zhu, Aiyong, 2008. "The relationship between housing investment and economic growth in China FA panel analysis using quarterly provincial data," Working Paper Series 2008:17, Uppsala University, Department of Economics.
- Liu Hongyu & Yun W. Park & Zheng Siqi, 2002. "The Interaction between Housing Investment and Economic Growth in China," International Real Estate Review, Asian Real Estate Society, vol. 5(1), pages 40-60.
- Chang, Yoosoon, 2004.
"Bootstrap unit root tests in panels with cross-sectional dependency,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 120(2), pages 263-293, June.
- Yoosoon Chang, 2000. "Bootstrap Unit Root Tests in Panels with Cross-Sectional Dependency," Econometric Society World Congress 2000 Contributed Papers 1585, Econometric Society.
- Yoosoon Chang, 2000. "Bootstrap Unit Root Tests in Panels with Cross-Sectional Dependency," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 1251, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- Chang, Yoosoon, 2002. "Bootstrap Unit Root Tests in Panels with Cross-Sectional Dependency," Working Papers 2000-01, Rice University, Department of Economics.
- Flood, Robert P & Hodrick, Robert J, 1990. "On Testing for Speculative Bubbles," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 4(2), pages 85-101, Spring.
- Damiaan Persyn & Joakim Westerlund, 2008. "Error-correction–based cointegration tests for panel data," Stata Journal, StataCorp LP, vol. 8(2), pages 232-241, June.
- Yves Zenou, 2012. "Housing policies in China: Issues and options," Regional Science Policy & Practice, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 4(4), pages 393-417, November.
- Charles Goodhart & Boris Hofmann, 2008. "House prices, money, credit, and the macroeconomy," Oxford Review of Economic Policy, Oxford University Press, vol. 24(1), pages 180-205, spring.
- Liang Peng & Thomas Thibodeau, 2012. "Government Interference and the Efficiency of the Land Market in China," The Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics, Springer, vol. 45(4), pages 919-938, November.
- Wu, Jing & Gyourko, Joseph & Deng, Yongheng, 2012.
"Evaluating conditions in major Chinese housing markets,"
Regional Science and Urban Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 42(3), pages 531-543.
- Jing Wu & Joseph Gyourko & Yongheng Deng, 2010. "Evaluating Conditions in Major Chinese Housing Markets," NBER Working Papers 16189, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Karl E. Case & Robert J. Shiller, 2003. "Is There a Bubble in the Housing Market?," Brookings Papers on Economic Activity, Economic Studies Program, The Brookings Institution, vol. 34(2), pages 299-362.
- Dennis R. Capozza & Patric H. Hendershott & Charlotte Mack & Christopher J. Mayer, 2002. "Determinants of Real House Price Dynamics," NBER Working Papers 9262, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Dennis R. Capozza & Charlotte Mack & Patric H. Hendershott & Christopher J. Mayer, 2002. "The Determinants of House Price Dynamics," ERES eres2002_106, European Real Estate Society (ERES).
- Zheng, Siqi & Kahn, Matthew E., 2008. "Land and residential property markets in a booming economy: New evidence from Beijing," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 63(2), pages 743-757, March.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Wu, Jing & Gyourko, Joseph & Deng, Yongheng, 2016.
"Evaluating the risk of Chinese housing markets: What we know and what we need to know,"
China Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 39(C), pages 91-114.
- Jing Wu & Joseph Gyourko & Yongheng Deng, 2015. "Evaluating the Risk of Chinese Housing Markets: What We Know and What We Need to Know," NBER Working Papers 21346, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Renhe Liu & Eddie Chi-man Hui & Jiaqi Lv & Yi Chen, 2017. "What Drives Housing Markets: Fundamentals or Bubbles?," The Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics, Springer, vol. 55(4), pages 395-415, November.
- Ren, Yu & Xiong, Cong & Yuan, Yufei, 2012. "House price bubbles in China," China Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 23(4), pages 786-800.
- Jing Wu & Yongheng Deng & Hongyu Liu, 2014. "House Price Index Construction in the Nascent Housing Market: The Case of China," The Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics, Springer, vol. 48(3), pages 522-545, April.
- Wan, Junmin, 2018. "Prevention and landing of bubble," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 56(C), pages 190-204.
- Nannan Yuan & Shigeyuki Hamori, 2014. "Are government interventions effective in regulating China fs house prices?," Discussion Papers 1427, Graduate School of Economics, Kobe University.
- Tommaso Gabrieli & Keith Pilbeam & Tianyu Wang, 2018. "Estimation of bubble dynamics in the Chinese real estate market: a State space model," International Economics and Economic Policy, Springer, vol. 15(2), pages 483-499, April.
- Bago, Jean-Louis & Souratié, Wamadini M. & Ouédraogo, Moussa & Ouédraogo, Ernest & Dembélé, Alou, 2019. "Financial Bubbles : New Evidence from South Africa’s Stock Market," MPRA Paper 95685, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Bolan Liu & Xiaowei Ai & Pan Liu & Chuang Zhang & Xingqi Hu & Tianpu Dong, 2015. "Fuel Economy Improvement of a Heavy-Duty Powertrain by Using Hardware-in-Loop Simulation and Calibration," Energies, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 8(9), pages 1-14, September.
- Weizeng Sun & Siqi Zheng & David M. Geltner & Rui Wang, 2017. "The Housing Market Effects of Local Home Purchase Restrictions: Evidence from Beijing," The Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics, Springer, vol. 55(3), pages 288-312, October.
- Francesco Tajani & Pierluigi Morano & Maria Paz Saez-Perez & Felicia Di Liddo & Marco Locurcio, 2019. "Multivariate Dynamic Analysis and Forecasting Models of Future Property Bubbles: Empirical Applications to the Housing Markets of Spanish Metropolitan Cities," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 11(13), pages 1-21, June.
- I-Chun Tsai & Shu-Hen Chiang, 2018. "Risk Transfer among Housing Markets in Major Cities in China," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 10(7), pages 1-20, July.
More about this item
KeywordsChinese economy; panel cointegration; house price bubbles;
- G12 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Asset Pricing; Trading Volume; Bond Interest Rates
- R21 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - Household Analysis - - - Housing Demand
- C33 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Multiple or Simultaneous Equation Models; Multiple Variables - - - Models with Panel Data; Spatio-temporal Models
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:diw:diwwpp:dp1081. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Bibliothek). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/diwbede.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.