Research Note—Attention Arousal Through Price Partitioning
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Timothy B. Heath & Subimal Chatterjee & Karen R. France, 1995. "Mental Accounting and Changes in Price: The Frame Dependence of Reference Dependence," Post-Print hal-00670476, HAL.
- Heath, Timothy B & Chatterjee, Subimal & France, Karen Russo, 1995. "Mental Accounting and Changes in Price: The Frame Dependence of Reference Dependence," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 22(1), pages 90-97, June.
- Schmalensee, Richard, 1982. "Commodity Bundling by Single-Product Monopolies," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 25(1), pages 67-71, April.
- Bettman, James R & Luce, Mary Frances & Payne, John W, 1998. "Constructive Consumer Choice Processes," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 25(3), pages 187-217, December.
- Urbany, Joel E & Dickson, Peter R, 1991. "Consumer Normal Price Estimation: Market versus Personal Standards," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 18(1), pages 45-51, June.
- Richard H. Thaler, 2008. "Mental Accounting and Consumer Choice," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 27(1), pages 15-25, 01-02.
- Richard H. Thaler & Eric J. Johnson, 1990. "Gambling with the House Money and Trying to Break Even: The Effects of Prior Outcomes on Risky Choice," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 36(6), pages 643-660, June.
- Eric Anderson & Duncan Simester, 2003. "Effects of $9 Price Endings on Retail Sales: Evidence from Field Experiments," Quantitative Marketing and Economics (QME), Springer, vol. 1(1), pages 93-110, March.
- Shugan, Steven M, 1980. "The Cost of Thinking," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 7(2), pages 99-111, Se.
- Arup Daripa & Sandeep Kapur, 2001. "Pricing on the Internet," Oxford Review of Economic Policy, Oxford University Press, vol. 17(2), pages 202-216, Summer.
- Utpal M. Dholakia & Itamar Simonson, 2005. "The Effect of Explicit Reference Points on Consumer Choice and Online Bidding Behavior," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 24(2), pages 206-217, October.
- Kahneman, Daniel & Knetsch, Jack L & Thaler, Richard, 1986. "Fairness as a Constraint on Profit Seeking: Entitlements in the Market," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 76(4), pages 728-741, September.
- Drazen Prelec & George Loewenstein, 1998. "The Red and the Black: Mental Accounting of Savings and Debt," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 17(1), pages 4-28.
- Taylor Randall & Christian Terwiesch & Karl T. Ulrich, 2007. "Research Note—User Design of Customized Products," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 26(2), pages 268-280, 03-04.
- Yadav, Manjit S, 1994. "How Buyers Evaluate Product Bundles: A Model of Anchoring and Adjustment," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 21(2), pages 342-353, September.
- Peter C. Fishburn, 1974. "Exceptional Paper--Lexicographic Orders, Utilities and Decision Rules: A Survey," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 20(11), pages 1442-1471, July.
- Kahneman, Daniel & Tversky, Amos, 1979.
"Prospect Theory: An Analysis of Decision under Risk,"
Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 47(2), pages 263-291, March.
- Amos Tversky & Daniel Kahneman, 1979. "Prospect Theory: An Analysis of Decision under Risk," Levine's Working Paper Archive 7656, David K. Levine.
- Gurumurthy Kalyanaram & Russell S. Winer, 1995. "Empirical Generalizations from Reference Price Research," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 14(3_supplem), pages 161-169.
- Mellers, Barbara A. & Richards, Virginia & Birnbaum, Michael H., 1992. "Distributional theories of impression formation," Organizational Behavior and Human Decision Processes, Elsevier, vol. 51(3), pages 313-343, April.
- Michael Lewis & Vishal Singh & Scott Fay, 2006. "An Empirical Study of the Impact of Nonlinear Shipping and Handling Fees on Purchase Incidence and Expenditure Decisions," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 25(1), pages 51-64, 01-02.
- France Leclerc & Christopher K. Hsee & Joseph C. Nunes, 2005. "Narrow Focusing: Why the Relative Position of a Good in Its Category Matters More Than It Should," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 24(2), pages 194-205, August.
- Luc Wathieu & Marco Bertini, 2007. "Price as a Stimulus to Think: The Case for Willful Overpricing," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 26(1), pages 118-129, 01-02.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Rasch, Alexander & Thöne, Miriam & Wenzel, Tobias, 2020.
"Drip pricing and its regulation: Experimental evidence,"
Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 176(C), pages 353-370.
- Rasch, Alexander & Thöne, Miriam & Wenzel, Tobias, 2018. "Drip pricing and its regulation: Experimental evidence," DICE Discussion Papers 297, University of Düsseldorf, Düsseldorf Institute for Competition Economics (DICE).
- Rasch, Alexander & Thöne, Miriam & Wenzel, Tobias, 2020. "Drip pricing and its regulation: Experimental evidence," VfS Annual Conference 2020 (Virtual Conference): Gender Economics 224638, Verein für Socialpolitik / German Economic Association.
- Das, Gopal & Roy, Rajat & Naidoo, Vik, 2020. "When do consumers prefer partitioned prices? The role of mood and pricing tactic persuasion knowledge," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 116(C), pages 60-67.
- Jiang, Yuanchun & Shang, Jennifer & Liu, Yezheng, 2013. "Optimizing shipping-fee schedules to maximize e-tailer profits," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 146(2), pages 634-645.
- Katja Seim & Maria Ana Vitorino & David M. Muir, 2017. "Do consumers value price transparency?," Quantitative Marketing and Economics (QME), Springer, vol. 15(4), pages 305-339, December.
- Steven M. Shugan, 2009. "—Relevancy Is Robust Prediction, Not Alleged Realism," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 28(5), pages 991-998, 09-10.
- Sahay, Arvind & Mukherjee, Sumitava, 2014. "Weighted-Additive versus Reference-Dependent models of bundle evaluation: Evidence from discount framing on product bundles with surcharges," IIMA Working Papers WP2014-03-12, Indian Institute of Management Ahmedabad, Research and Publication Department.
- Ferguson, Jodie L. & Brown, Brian P. & Johnston, Wesley J., 2017. "Partitioned pricing, price fairness perceptions, and the moderating effects of brand relationships in SME business markets," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 72(C), pages 80-92.
- Anja Lambrecht & Katja Seim & Naufel Vilcassim & Amar Cheema & Yuxin Chen & Gregory Crawford & Kartik Hosanagar & Raghuram Iyengar & Oded Koenigsberg & Robin Lee & Eugenio Miravete & Ozge Sahin, 2012. "Price discrimination in service industries," Marketing Letters, Springer, vol. 23(2), pages 423-438, June.
- Yu-Lung Lee & Lee-Yun Pan & Chin-Hsien Hsu & De-Chih Lee, 2018. "Exploring the Sustainability Correlation of Value Co-Creation and Customer Loyalty-A Case Study of Fitness Clubs," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 11(1), pages 1-15, December.
- Choi, Jungsil & Madhavaram, Sreedhar R. & Park, Hyun Young, 2020. "The Role of Hedonic and Utilitarian Motives on the Effectiveness of Partitioned Pricing," Journal of Retailing, Elsevier, vol. 96(2), pages 251-265.
- Nicole Koschate-Fischer & Katharina Wüllner, 2017. "New developments in behavioral pricing research," Journal of Business Economics, Springer, vol. 87(6), pages 809-875, August.
- Stephen Leider & Özge Şahin, 2014.
"Contracts, Biases, and Consumption of Access Services,"
Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 60(9), pages 2198-2222, September.
- Stephen G. Leider & Özge Sahin, 2012. "Contracts, Biases and Consumption of Access Services," CESifo Working Paper Series 3698, CESifo.
- Dan K. Hsu & Johan Wiklund & Richard D. Cotton, 2017. "Success, Failure, and Entrepreneurial Reentry: An Experimental Assessment of the Veracity of Selfâ€“Efficacy and Prospect Theory," Entrepreneurship Theory and Practice, , vol. 41(1), pages 19-47, January.
- Ahmetoglu, Gorkan & Furnham, Adrian & Fagan, Patrick, 2014. "Pricing practices: A critical review of their effects on consumer perceptions and behaviour," Journal of Retailing and Consumer Services, Elsevier, vol. 21(5), pages 696-707.
- Johannes Voester & Bjoern Ivens & Alexander Leischnig, 2017. "Partitioned pricing: review of the literature and directions for further research," Review of Managerial Science, Springer, vol. 11(4), pages 879-931, October.
- Lynn, Michael & Wang, Shuo, 2013. "The indirect effects of tipping policies on patronage intentions through perceived expensiveness, fairness, and quality," Journal of Economic Psychology, Elsevier, vol. 39(C), pages 62-71.
- Franziska Völckner & Alexander Rühle & Martin Spann, 2012. "To divide or not to divide? The impact of partitioned pricing on the informational and sacrifice effects of price," Marketing Letters, Springer, vol. 23(3), pages 719-730, September.
More about this item
Keywordsconsumer behavior; pricing; price partitioning; attention; information processing; framing effects; multi-attribute utility;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:inm:ormksc:v:27:y:2008:i:2:p:236-246. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Matthew Walls). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/inforea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.