Understanding High-Stakes Consumer Decisions: Mammography Adherence Following False-Alarm Test Results
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Luce, Mary Frances & Kahn, Barbara E, 1999. " Avoidance or Vigilance? The Psychology of False-Positive Test Results," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 26(3), pages 242-259, December.
- Brian T. Ratchford & Narasimhan Srinivasan, 1993. "An Empirical Investigation of Returns to Search," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 12(1), pages 73-87.
- repec:aph:ajpbhl:1992:82:2:249-251_9 is not listed on IDEAS
- Robert Meyer & Eric J. Johnson, 1995. "Empirical Generalizations in the Modeling of Consumer Choice," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 14(3_supplem), pages 180-189.
- Ofir, Chezy & Lynch, John G, Jr, 1984. " Context Effects on Judgment under Uncertainty," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 11(2), pages 668-679, September.
- John W. Walsh, 1995. "Flexibility in Consumer Purchasing for Uncertain Future Tastes," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 14(2), pages 148-165.
- Tülin Erdem & Michael P. Keane, 1996. "Decision-Making Under Uncertainty: Capturing Dynamic Brand Choice Processes in Turbulent Consumer Goods Markets," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 15(1), pages 1-20.
- Oliver, Richard L & Berger, Philip K, 1979. " A Path Analysis of Preventive Health Care Decision Models," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 6(2), pages 113-122, Se.
- Bazerman, Max H, 2001. " Consumer Research for Consumers," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 27(4), pages 499-504, March.
- J. Jeffrey Inman & James S. Dyer & Jianmin Jia, 1997. "A Generalized Utility Model of Disappointment and Regret Effects on Post-Choice Valuation," Marketing Science, INFORMS, pages 97-111.
- Moorman, Christine & Matulich, Erika, 1993. " A Model of Consumers' Preventive Health Behaviors: The Role of Health Motivation and Health Ability," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 20(2), pages 208-228, September.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Camacho, N.M.A. & de Jong, M.G. & Stremersch, S., 2014. "The Effect of Customer Empowerment on Adherence to Expert Advice," ERIM Report Series Research in Management ERS-2014-005-MKT, Erasmus Research Institute of Management (ERIM), ERIM is the joint research institute of the Rotterdam School of Management, Erasmus University and the Erasmus School of Economics (ESE) at Erasmus University Rotterdam.
- Carolina Werle, 2011. "The Determinants of Preventive Health Behavior: Literature Review and Research Perspectives," Working paper serie RMT - Grenoble Ecole de Management hal-00638266, HAL.
- Aaker, Jennifer L. & Lee, Angela Y., 2006. "Understanding Regulatory Fit," Research Papers 1910, Stanford University, Graduate School of Business.
- Osimani, Barbara, 2012. "Risk information processing and rational ignoring in the health context," Journal of Behavioral and Experimental Economics (formerly The Journal of Socio-Economics), Elsevier, vol. 41(2), pages 169-179.
- repec:hal:wpaper:hal-00638266 is not listed on IDEAS
- Burson, Katherine A. & Faro, David & Rottenstreich, Yuval, 2010. "ABCs of principal-agent interactions: Accurate predictions, biased processes, and contrasts between working and delegating," Organizational Behavior and Human Decision Processes, Elsevier, vol. 113(1), pages 1-12, September.
- Adam Duhachek & Anne T. Coughlan & Dawn Iacobucci, 2005. "Results on the Standard Error of the Coefficient Alpha Index of Reliability," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 24(2), pages 294-301, July.
More about this item
KeywordsValue of Information; Decision Making Under Uncertainty; Medical Decision Making; Stress; Cancer False-Positive; Patient Preferences; Mammography; Medical Testing; High-Stakes Decisions;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:inm:ormksc:v:22:y:2003:i:3:p:393-410. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Mirko Janc). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/inforea.html .