A multiple discrete-continuous extreme value model: formulation and application to discretionary time-use decisions
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Hanemann, W Michael, 1984. "Discrete-Continuous Models of Consumer Demand," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 52(3), pages 541-561, May.
- Lee, Lung-Fei, 1992.
"On Efficiency of Methods of Simulated Moments and Maximum Simulated Likelihood Estimation of Discrete Response Models,"
Cambridge University Press, vol. 8(04), pages 518-552, December.
- Lee, L-F., 1990. "On Efficiency of Methods of Simulated Moments and Maximum Simulated Likelihood Estimation of Discrete Response Models," Papers 260, Minnesota - Center for Economic Research.
- Gary S. Becker, 1981. "A Treatise on the Family," NBER Books, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc, number beck81-1, December.
- Sergio Jara-Díaz, 2003. "On the goods-activities technical relations in the time allocation theory," Transportation, Springer, vol. 30(3), pages 245-260, August.
- Dubin, Jeffrey A & McFadden, Daniel L, 1984. "An Econometric Analysis of Residential Electric Appliance Holdings and Consumption," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 52(2), pages 345-362, March.
- Neeraj Arora & Greg M. Allenby & James L. Ginter, 1998. "A Hierarchical Bayes Model of Primary and Secondary Demand," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 17(1), pages 29-44.
- D Damm & S R Lerman, 1981. "A Theory of Activity Scheduling Behavior," Environment and Planning A, , vol. 13(6), pages 703-718, June.
- Sergio R. Jara-Diaz & Cristián A. Guevara, 2003. "Behind the Subjective Value of Travel Time Savings," Journal of Transport Economics and Policy, University of Bath, vol. 37(1), pages 29-46, January.
- I. Meloni & L. Guala & A. Loddo, 2004. "Time allocation to discretionary in-home, out-of-home activities and to trips," Transportation, Springer, vol. 31(1), pages 69-96, February.
- Munshi, Kaivan, 1993. "Urban passenger travel demand estimation: A household activity approach," Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Elsevier, vol. 27(6), pages 423-432, November.
- Terza, Joseph V & Wilson, Paul W, 1990. "Analyzing Frequencies of Several Types of Events: A Mixed Multinomial-Poisson Approach," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 72(1), pages 108-115, February.
- Lu, Xuedong & Pas, Eric I., 1999. "Socio-demographics, activity participation and travel behavior," Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Elsevier, vol. 33(1), pages 1-18, January.
- Ram Pendyala & Konstadinos Goulias, 2002. "Time use and activity perspectives in travel behavior research," Transportation, Springer, vol. 29(1), pages 1-4, February.
- Toshiyuki Yamamoto & Ryuichi Kitamura, 1999. "An analysis of time allocation to in-home and out-of-home discretionary activities across working days and non- working days," Transportation, Springer, vol. 26(2), pages 231-250, May.
- Jean-Pierre Dubé, 2004. "Multiple Discreteness and Product Differentiation: Demand for Carbonated Soft Drinks," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 23(1), pages 66-81, September.
- Puneet Manchanda & Asim Ansari & Sunil Gupta, 1999. "The “Shopping Basket”: A Model for Multicategory Purchase Incidence Decisions," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 18(2), pages 95-114.
- Baltas, George, 2004. "A model for multiple brand choice," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 154(1), pages 144-149, April.
- John W. Walsh, 1995. "Flexibility in Consumer Purchasing for Uncertain Future Tastes," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 14(2), pages 148-165.
- Daniel McFadden & Kenneth Train, 2000. "Mixed MNL models for discrete response," Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 15(5), pages 447-470.
- Chandra Bhat & Frank Koppelman, 1999. "A retrospective and prospective survey of time-use research," Transportation, Springer, vol. 26(2), pages 119-139, May.
- Train,Kenneth E., 2009. "Discrete Choice Methods with Simulation," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521747387, June.
- Chandra Bhat & Rajul Misra, 1999. "Discretionary activity time allocation of individuals between in-home and out-of-home and between weekdays and weekends," Transportation, Springer, vol. 26(2), pages 193-229, May.
- Bhat, Chandra R. & Gossen, Rachel, 2004. "A mixed multinomial logit model analysis of weekend recreational episode type choice," Transportation Research Part B: Methodological, Elsevier, vol. 38(9), pages 767-787, November.
- Igal Hendel, 1999. "Estimating Multiple-Discrete Choice Models: An Application to Computerization Returns," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 66(2), pages 423-446.
- Juster, F. Thomas, 1990. "Rethinking utility theory," Journal of Behavioral Economics, Elsevier, vol. 19(2), pages 155-179.
- Bhat, Chandra R., 2003. "Simulation estimation of mixed discrete choice models using randomized and scrambled Halton sequences," Transportation Research Part B: Methodological, Elsevier, vol. 37(9), pages 837-855, November.
- D Damm & S R Lerman, 1981. "A theory of activity scheduling behavior," Environment and Planning A, Pion Ltd, London, vol. 13(6), pages 703-718, June.
- Bhat, Chandra & Lockwood, Allison, 2004. "On distinguishing between physically active and physically passive episodes and between travel and activity episodes: an analysis of weekend recreational participation in the San Francisco Bay area," Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Elsevier, vol. 38(8), pages 573-592, October.
- Gramm, Wendy Lee, 1975. "Household Utility Maximization and the Working Wife," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 65(1), pages 90-100, March.
- Jaehwan Kim & Greg M. Allenby & Peter E. Rossi, 2002. "Modeling Consumer Demand for Variety," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 21(3), pages 229-250, December.
- Bhat, Chandra R., 1998. "A model of post home-arrival activity participation behavior," Transportation Research Part B: Methodological, Elsevier, vol. 32(6), pages 387-400, August.
- Pradeep K. Chintagunta, 1993. "Investigating Purchase Incidence, Brand Choice and Purchase Quantity Decisions of Households," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 12(2), pages 184-208.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:transb:v:39:y:2005:i:8:p:679-707. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/548/description#description .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.