Changing Consumption Patterns—Drivers and the Environmental Impact
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Jikun Huang & Cristina C. David, 1993.
"Demand for cereal grains in Asia: the effect of urbanization,"
Agricultural Economics, International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 8(2), pages 107-124, February.
- Huang, Jikun & David, Cristina C., 1993. "Demand for cereal grains in Asia: The effect of urbanization," Agricultural Economics, Blackwell, vol. 8(2), pages 107-124, February.
- repec:gam:jsusta:v:8:y:2016:i:2:p:178:d:64024 is not listed on IDEAS
- Raymond L. Desjardins & Devon E. Worth & Xavier P. C. Vergé & Dominique Maxime & Jim Dyer & Darrel Cerkowniak, 2012. "Carbon Footprint of Beef Cattle," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 4(12), pages 1-23, December.
- Rutten, Martine & van Dijk, Michiel & van Rooij, Wilbert & Hilderink, Henk, 2014. "Land Use Dynamics, Climate Change, and Food Security in Vietnam: A Global-to-local Modeling Approach," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 59(C), pages 29-46.
- Shoichi Ito & E. Wesley F. Peterson & Warren R. Grant, 1989. "Rice in Asia: Is It Becoming an Inferior Good?," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 71(1), pages 32-42.
- Nijdam, Durk & Rood, Trudy & Westhoek, Henk, 2012. "The price of protein: Review of land use and carbon footprints from life cycle assessments of animal food products and their substitutes," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 37(6), pages 760-770.
- Tiziano Gomiero, 2016. "Soil Degradation, Land Scarcity and Food Security: Reviewing a Complex Challenge," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 8(3), pages 1-41, March.
- repec:gam:jsusta:v:8:y:2016:i:2:p:-:d:64024 is not listed on IDEAS
- Truong Lam Do & Trung Thanh Nguyen & Ulrike Grote, 2019. "Livestock Production, Rural Poverty, and Perceived Shocks: Evidence from Panel Data for Vietnam," Journal of Development Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 55(1), pages 99-119, January.
- Prabhu L. Pingali & Mark W. Rosegrant, 1998. "Supplying Wheat for Asia's Increasingly Westernized Diets," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 80(5), pages 954-959.
- Gerbens-Leenes, P. W. & Nonhebel, S., 2002. "Consumption patterns and their effects on land required for food," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 42(1-2), pages 185-199, August.
- Trung Thanh Nguyen & Siegfried Bauer & Ulrike Grote, 2016. "Does Land Tenure Security Promote Manure Use by Farm Households in Vietnam?," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 8(2), pages 1-19, February.
- Lenzen, Manfred & Murray, Shauna A., 2001. "A modified ecological footprint method and its application to Australia," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 37(2), pages 229-255, May.
- Subak, Susan, 1999. "Global environmental costs of beef production," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 30(1), pages 79-91, July.
- Trung Thanh Nguyen, 2012. "Land Reform and Farm Production in the Northern Uplands of Vietnam," Asian Economic Journal, East Asian Economic Association, vol. 26(1), pages 43-61, March.
- repec:gam:jsusta:v:8:y:2016:i:3:p:281:d:66100 is not listed on IDEAS
- Janet Ranganathan & Daniel Vennard, 2016. "Shifting Diets for a Sustainable Food Future," Working Papers id:10890, eSocialSciences.
- Hoa K. Hoang, 2018. "Analysis of food demand in Vietnam and shortâ€ term impacts of market shocks on quantity and calorie consumption," Agricultural Economics, International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 49(1), pages 83-95, January.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Batara Surya & Syafri Syafri & Hernita Sahban & Harry Hardian Sakti, 2020. "Natural Resource Conservation Based on Community Economic Empowerment: Perspectives on Watershed Management and Slum Settlements in Makassar City, South Sulawesi, Indonesia," Land, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 9(4), pages 1-31, March.
- Henry Schubert & Markus Rauchecker & Andrés Caballero Calvo & Brigitta Schütt, 2019. "Land Use Changes and Their Perception in the Hinterland of Barranquilla, Colombian Caribbean," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 11(23), pages 1-21, November.
- Dacinia Crina Petrescu & Ruxandra Mălina Petrescu-Mag & Dorin Iosif Manciula & Ioan Alin Nistor & Veronica Ioana Ilieș, 2018. "Wastewater Reflections in Consumer Mind: Evidence from Sewage Services Consumer Behaviour," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 11(1), pages 1-15, December.
- Grilli, Gianluca & Curtis, John, 2021. "Encouraging pro-environmental behaviours: A review of methods and approaches," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 135(C).
- Hoang Viet Nguyen & Ninh Nguyen & Bach Khoa Nguyen & Steven Greenland, 2021. "Sustainable Food Consumption: Investigating Organic Meat Purchase Intention by Vietnamese Consumers," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 13(2), pages 1-15, January.
- Acga Cheng & Murthazar Naim Raai & Nurul Amalina Mohd Zain & Festo Massawe & Ajit Singh & Wan Abd Al Qadr Imad Wan-Mohtar, 2019. "In search of alternative proteins: unlocking the potential of underutilized tropical legumes," Food Security: The Science, Sociology and Economics of Food Production and Access to Food, Springer;The International Society for Plant Pathology, vol. 11(6), pages 1205-1215, December.
- Jamal Suliman Alawamy & Siva K. Balasundram & Ahmad Husni Mohd. Hanif & Christopher Teh Boon Sung, 2020. "Detecting and Analyzing Land Use and Land Cover Changes in the Region of Al-Jabal Al-Akhdar, Libya Using Time-Series Landsat Data from 1985 to 2017," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 12(11), pages 1-24, June.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Nguyen, Duc Loc & Grote, Ulrike & Nguyen, Trung Thanh, 2019. "Migration, crop production and non-farm labor diversification in rural Vietnam," Economic Analysis and Policy, Elsevier, vol. 63(C), pages 175-187.
- Pingali, Prabhu, 2007.
"Westernization of Asian diets and the transformation of food systems: Implications for research and policy,"
Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 32(3), pages 281-298, June.
- Prabhu Pingali, 2004. "Westernization of Asian Diets and the Transformation of Food Systems: Implications for research and policy," Working Papers 04-17, Agricultural and Development Economics Division of the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO - ESA).
- Huy, Hoang Trieu & Nguyen, Trung Thanh, 2019. "Cropland rental market and farm technical efficiency in rural Vietnam," Land Use Policy, Elsevier, vol. 81(C), pages 408-423.
- Emiko Fukase & Will Martin, 2016.
"Who Will Feed China in the 21st Century? Income Growth and Food Demand and Supply in China,"
Journal of Agricultural Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 67(1), pages 3-23, February.
- Fukase, Emiko & Martin, Will, 2014. "Who will feed China in the 21st century ? income growth and food demand and supply in China," Policy Research Working Paper Series 6926, The World Bank.
- David Asante Edwin & Evam Kofi Glover & Edinam K. Glover, 2020. "When Tradition Meets Modernity in Land Registration: Evidence from Dagbon, Ghana," Land, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 9(11), pages 1-28, October.
- Dinh, Hoang Huu & Nguyen, Trung Thanh & Hoang, Viet-Ngu & Wilson, Clevo, 2017. "Economic incentive and factors affecting tree planting of rural households: Evidence from the Central Highlands of Vietnam," Journal of Forest Economics, Elsevier, vol. 29(PA), pages 14-24.
- Minot, Nicholas & Goletti, Francesco, 2000. "Rice market liberalization and poverty in Viet Nam:," Research reports 114, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Biswabhusan Bhuyan & Bimal Kishore Sahoo & Damodar Suar, 2020. "Quantile Regression Analysis of Predictors of Calorie Demand in India: An Implication for Sustainable Development Goals," Journal of Quantitative Economics, Springer;The Indian Econometric Society (TIES), vol. 18(4), pages 825-859, December.
- Andreia Saavedra Cardoso & Tiago Domingos & Manuela Raposo De Magalhães & José De Melo-Abreu & Jorge Palma, 2017. "Mapping the Lisbon Potential Foodshed in Ribatejo e Oeste: A Suitability and Yield Model for Assessing the Potential for Localized Food Production," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 9(11), pages 1-31, November.
- Rahman, Kazi Tamim & Shanoyan, Aleksan & Hovhannisyan, Vardges, 2020. "Pre-Committed Demand for Food in Bangladesh: Implications for Agri-Food Industry Stakeholders," 2020 Annual Meeting, July 26-28, Kansas City, Missouri 304644, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Chung, Yessica C.Y. & Lee, Tsung-Chen, 2020. "Tele-connecting urban food consumption to land use at multiple spatial scales: A case study of beef in Taiwan," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 169(C).
- Cao, Li‐Juan & Tian, Wei‐Ming & Wang, Ji‐Min & Malcolm, Bill & Liu, Hong‐Bo & Zhou, Zhang‐Yue, 2013. "Recent Food Consumption Trends in China and Trade," Australasian Agribusiness Review, University of Melbourne, Department of Agriculture and Food Systems, vol. 21, pages 1-30.
- Rae, Allan N., 1998. "The effects of expenditure growth and urbanisation on food consumption in East Asia: a note on animal products," Agricultural Economics, Blackwell, vol. 18(3), pages 291-299, May.
- Kitzes, Justin & Galli, Alessandro & Bagliani, Marco & Barrett, John & Dige, Gorm & Ede, Sharon & Erb, Karlheinz & Giljum, Stefan & Haberl, Helmut & Hails, Chris & Jolia-Ferrier, Laurent & Jungwirth, , 2009. "A research agenda for improving national Ecological Footprint accounts," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 68(7), pages 1991-2007, May.
- Nguyen, Trung Thanh & Nghiem, Nhung, 2016. "Optimal forest rotation for carbon sequestration and biodiversity conservation by farm income levels," Forest Policy and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 73(C), pages 185-194.
- York, Richard & Gossard, Marcia Hill, 2004. "Cross-national meat and fish consumption: exploring the effects of modernization and ecological context," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 48(3), pages 293-302, March.
- Huang, Jikun & Rozelle, Scott, 1998. "Market development and food demand in rural China," China Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 9(1), pages 25-45.
- Martin, William J. & Fukase, Emiko, 2014. "Who Will Feed China in the 21st Century? Income," 2014: Food, Resources and Conflict, December 7-9, 2014. San Diego, California 197164, International Agricultural Trade Research Consortium.
- Huang, Jikun & Bouis, Howarth, 2001. "Structural changes in the demand for food in Asia: empirical evidence from Taiwan," Agricultural Economics, Blackwell, vol. 26(1), pages 57-69, October.
- Lenzen, Manfred & Wier, Mette & Cohen, Claude & Hayami, Hitoshi & Pachauri, Shonali & Schaeffer, Roberto, 2006. "A comparative multivariate analysis of household energy requirements in Australia, Brazil, Denmark, India and Japan," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 31(2), pages 181-207.
More about this item
Keywordsconsumption patterns; environmental impact; resources use; sustainable consumption; Vietnam; Australia;
All these keywords.
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:gam:jsusta:v:10:y:2018:i:11:p:4190-:d:182699. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (XML Conversion Team). General contact details of provider: https://www.mdpi.com/ .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.