The Relationship Between Prices of Various Metals, Oil and Scarcity
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Speight, Alan E. H. & McMillan, David G., 2001. "Volatility spillovers in East European black-market exchange rates," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 20(3), pages 367-378, June.
- Engle, Robert & Granger, Clive, 2015.
"Co-integration and error correction: Representation, estimation, and testing,"
Applied Econometrics, Russian Presidential Academy of National Economy and Public Administration (RANEPA), vol. 39(3), pages 106-135.
- Engle, Robert F & Granger, Clive W J, 1987. "Co-integration and Error Correction: Representation, Estimation, and Testing," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 55(2), pages 251-276, March.
- Panas, E., 2001. "Long memory and chaotic models of prices on the London Metal Exchange," Resources Policy, Elsevier, vol. 27(4), pages 235-246, December.
- M. Hashem Pesaran & Yongcheol Shin & Richard J. Smith, 2001. "Bounds testing approaches to the analysis of level relationships," Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 16(3), pages 289-326.
- V. Kerry Smith, 1978. "Scarcity and Growth Reconsidered," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 60(2), pages 284-289.
- Gil-Alana, Luis A. & Tripathy, Trilochan, 2014. "Modelling volatility persistence and asymmetry: A Study on selected Indian non-ferrous metals markets," Resources Policy, Elsevier, vol. 41(C), pages 31-39.
- Dominika Moravcikova & Anna Krizanova & Jana Kliestikova & Martina Rypakova, 2017. "Green Marketing as the Source of the Competitive Advantage of the Business," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 9(12), pages 1-13, November.
- Batten, Jonathan A. & Ciner, Cetin & Lucey, Brian M., 2010.
"The macroeconomic determinants of volatility in precious metals markets,"
Resources Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(2), pages 65-71, June.
- Jonathan A. Batten, Cetin Ciner and Brian M. Lucey, 2008. "The Macroeconomic Determinants of Volatility in Precious Metals Markets," The Institute for International Integration Studies Discussion Paper Series iiisdp255, IIIS.
- Margaret E. Slade & Henry Thille, 2009. "Whither Hotelling: Tests of the Theory of Exhaustible Resources," Annual Review of Resource Economics, Annual Reviews, vol. 1(1), pages 239-259, September.
- Granger, C W J, 1969. "Investigating Causal Relations by Econometric Models and Cross-Spectral Methods," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 37(3), pages 424-438, July.
- David E. Allen & Chialin Chang & Michael McAleer & Abhay K Singh, 2018.
"A cointegration analysis of agricultural, energy and bio-fuel spot, and futures prices,"
Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 50(7), pages 804-823, February.
- David E. Allen & Chialin Chang & Michael McAleer & Abhay K. Singh, 2016. "A Cointegration Analysis of Agricultural, Energy and Bio-Fuel Spot and Futures Prices," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 16-038/III, Tinbergen Institute.
- Allen, D.E. & Chang, C-L. & McAleer, M.J. & Singh, A.K., 2016. "A Cointegration Analysis of Agricultural, Energy and Bio-Fuel Spot and Futures Prices," Econometric Institute Research Papers EI2016-24, Erasmus University Rotterdam, Erasmus School of Economics (ESE), Econometric Institute.
- Rosenau-Tornow, Dirk & Buchholz, Peter & Riemann, Axel & Wagner, Markus, 2009. "Assessing the long-term supply risks for mineral raw materials--a combined evaluation of past and future trends," Resources Policy, Elsevier, vol. 34(4), pages 161-175, December.
- Chen, Mei-Hsiu, 2010. "Understanding world metals prices--Returns, volatility and diversification," Resources Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(3), pages 127-140, September.
- David I. Harvey & Neil M. Kellard & Jakob B. Madsen & Mark E. Wohar, 2010. "The Prebisch-Singer Hypothesis: Four Centuries of Evidence," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 92(2), pages 367-377, May.
- Heal, Geoffrey, 1981. " Scarcity, Efficiency and Disequilibrium in Resource Markets," Scandinavian Journal of Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 83(2), pages 334-351.
- Svedberg, Peter & Tilton, John E., 2006.
"The real, real price of nonrenewable resources: copper 1870-2000,"
World Development, Elsevier, vol. 34(3), pages 501-519, March.
- Svedberg, Peter & Tilton, John, 2003. "The Real Real Price of Nonrenewable Resources: Copper 1870-2000," Seminar Papers 723, Stockholm University, Institute for International Economic Studies.
- Humphreys, David, 2010. "The great metals boom: A retrospective," Resources Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(1), pages 1-13, March.
- Baffes, John, 2007. "Oil spills on other commodities," Resources Policy, Elsevier, vol. 32(3), pages 126-134, September.
- Cochran, Steven J. & Mansur, Iqbal & Odusami, Babatunde, 2012. "Volatility persistence in metal returns: A FIGARCH approach," Journal of Economics and Business, Elsevier, vol. 64(4), pages 287-305.
- Hooker, Mark A, 2002. "Are Oil Shocks Inflationary? Asymmetric and Nonlinear Specifications versus Changes in Regime," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 34(2), pages 540-561, May.
- Shawkat Hammoudeh & Ramazan Sari & Bradley T. Ewing, 2009. "Relationships Among Strategic Commodities And With Financial Variables: A New Look," Contemporary Economic Policy, Western Economic Association International, vol. 27(2), pages 251-264, April.
- Tilton, John E., 1996. "Exhaustible resources and sustainable development : Two different paradigms," Resources Policy, Elsevier, vol. 22(1-2), pages 91-97.
- Boskin, Michael J, et al, 1997. "The CPI Commission: Findings and Recommendations," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 87(2), pages 78-83, May.
- Pindyck, Robert S & Rotemberg, Julio J, 1990.
"The Excess Co-movement of Commodity Prices,"
Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 100(403), pages 1173-1189, December.
- Pindyck, Robert S. & Rotemberg, Julio., 1987. "The excess co-movement of commodity prices," Working papers 1969-87., Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Sloan School of Management.
- Robert S. Pindyck & Julio J. Rotemberg, 1988. "The Excess Co-Movement of Commodity Prices," NBER Working Papers 2671, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Cuddington, John T, 2010. "Long-term trends in the Real real prices of primary commodities: Inflation bias and the Prebisch-Singer hypothesis," Resources Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(2), pages 72-76, June.
- Michael Melvin & Jahangir Sultan, 1990. "South African political unrest, oil prices, and the time varying risk premium in the gold futures market," Journal of Futures Markets, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 10(2), pages 103-111, April.
- Zhang, Yue-Jun & Wei, Yi-Ming, 2010.
"The crude oil market and the gold market: Evidence for cointegration, causality and price discovery,"
Resources Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(3), pages 168-177, September.
- Yue-Jun Zhang & Yi-Ming Wei, 2009. "The crude oil market and the gold market: Evidence for cointegration, causality and price discovery," CEEP-BIT Working Papers 5, Center for Energy and Environmental Policy Research (CEEP), Beijing Institute of Technology.
- Leybourne, S. Y. & Lloyd, T. A. & Reed, G. V., 1994. "The excess comovement of commodity prices revisited," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 22(11), pages 1747-1758, November.
- Harold Hotelling, 1931. "The Economics of Exhaustible Resources," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 39, pages 137-137.
- Henckens, M.L.C.M. & van Ierland, E.C. & Driessen, P.P.J. & Worrell, E., 2016. "Mineral resources: Geological scarcity, market price trends, and future generations," Resources Policy, Elsevier, vol. 49(C), pages 102-111.
- Dora L. Costa & Matthew E. Kahn, 2003. "The Rising Price of Nonmarket Goods," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 93(2), pages 227-232, May.
- Sari, Ramazan & Hammoudeh, Shawkat & Soytas, Ugur, 2010. "Dynamics of oil price, precious metal prices, and exchange rate," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 32(2), pages 351-362, March.
- Rodriguez Acosta, Mauricio, 2018. "Resource management under endogenous risk of expropriation," Resource and Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 52(C), pages 1-17.
- Tilton, John E. & Lagos, Gustavo, 2007. "Assessing the long-run availability of copper," Resources Policy, Elsevier, vol. 32(1-2), pages 19-23.
- Christopher A. Scott & Zachary P. Sugg, 2015. "Global Energy Development and Climate-Induced Water Scarcity—Physical Limits, Sectoral Constraints, and Policy Imperatives," Energies, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 8(8), pages 1-15, August.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Adewale Samuel Hassan & Daniel Francois Meyer & Sebastian Kot, 2019. "Effect of Institutional Quality and Wealth from Oil Revenue on Economic Growth in Oil-Exporting Developing Countries," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 11(13), pages 1-14, July.
- Tiwari, Aviral Kumar & Nasreen, Samia & Shahbaz, Muhammad & Hammoudeh, Shawkat, 2020. "Time-frequency causality and connectedness between international prices of energy, food, industry, agriculture and metals," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 85(C).
- Bartosz Łamasz & Natalia Iwaszczuk, 2020. "The Impact of Implied Volatility Fluctuations on Vertical Spread Option Strategies: The Case of WTI Crude Oil Market," Energies, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 13(20), pages 1-23, October.
- Domicián Máté & Mohammad Fazle Rabbi & Adam Novotny & Sándor Kovács, 2020. "Grand Challenges in Central Europe: The Relationship of Food Security, Climate Change, and Energy Use," Energies, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 13(20), pages 1-16, October.
- Caporin, Massimiliano & Naeem, Muhammad Abubakr & Arif, Muhammad & Hasan, Mudassar & Vo, Xuan Vinh & Hussain Shahzad, Syed Jawad, 2021. "Asymmetric and time-frequency spillovers among commodities using high-frequency data," Resources Policy, Elsevier, vol. 70(C).
- Gyongyi Vorosmarty & Imre Dobos, 2019. "The Role of Personal Motivation in Sustainable Purchasing Practices," The AMFITEATRU ECONOMIC journal, Academy of Economic Studies - Bucharest, Romania, vol. 21(50), pages 121-121, February.
- repec:aud:audfin:v:21:y:2019:i:50:p:121 is not listed on IDEAS
- Bożena Gajdzik & Włodzimierz Sroka, 2021. "Resource Intensity vs. Investment in Production Installations—The Case of the Steel Industry in Poland," Energies, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 14(2), pages 1-16, January.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Marinella Davide & Paola Vesco, 2016.
"Alternative Approaches for Rating INDCs: a Comparative Analysis,"
2016.18, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei.
- Davide, Marinella & Vesco, Paola, 2016. "Alternative Approaches for Rating INDCs: a Comparative Analysis," MITP: Mitigation, Innovation and Transformation Pathways 232716, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei (FEEM).
- Antonakakis, Nikolaos & Kizys, Renatas, 2015. "Dynamic spillovers between commodity and currency markets," International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 41(C), pages 303-319.
- Charlot, Philippe & Marimoutou, Vêlayoudom, 2014.
"On the relationship between the prices of oil and the precious metals: Revisiting with a multivariate regime-switching decision tree,"
Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 44(C), pages 456-467.
- Philippe Charlot & Vêlayoudom Marimoutou, 2014. "On the relationship between the prices of oil and the precious metals: Revisiting with a multivariate regime-switching decision tree," Working Papers hal-00980125, HAL.
- Behmiri, Niaz Bashiri & Manera, Matteo & Nicolini, Marcella, 2016.
"Understanding Dynamic Conditional Correlations between Commodities Futures Markets,"
ESP: Energy Scenarios and Policy
232223, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei (FEEM).
- Niaz Bashiri Behmiri & Matteo Manera & Marcella Nicolini, 2016. "Understanding Dynamic Conditional Correlations between Commodities Futures Markets," Working Papers 2016.17, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei.
- Le, Thai-Ha & Chang, Youngho, 2016. "Dynamics between strategic commodities and financial variables: Evidence from Japan," Resources Policy, Elsevier, vol. 50(C), pages 1-9.
- Rossen, Anja, 2015.
"What are metal prices like? Co-movement, price cycles and long-run trends,"
Resources Policy, Elsevier, vol. 45(C), pages 255-276.
- Rossen, Anja, 2014. "What are metal prices like? Co-movement, price cycles and long-run trends," HWWI Research Papers 155, Hamburg Institute of International Economics (HWWI).
- Adekoya, Oluwasegun B. & Oliyide, Johnson A., 2020. "The hedging effectiveness of industrial metals against different oil shocks: Evidence from the four newly developed oil shocks datasets," Resources Policy, Elsevier, vol. 69(C).
- Kanjilal, Kakali & Ghosh, Sajal, 2017. "Dynamics of crude oil and gold price post 2008 global financial crisis – New evidence from threshold vector error-correction model," Resources Policy, Elsevier, vol. 52(C), pages 358-365.
- Awartani, Basel & Aktham, Maghyereh & Cherif, Guermat, 2016. "The connectedness between crude oil and financial markets: Evidence from implied volatility indices," Journal of Commodity Markets, Elsevier, vol. 4(1), pages 56-69.
- Vasyl Golosnoy & Anja Rossen, 2018.
"Modeling dynamics of metal price series via state space approach with two common factors,"
Empirical Economics, Springer, vol. 54(4), pages 1477-1501, June.
- Golosnoy, Vasyl & Rossen, Anja, 2014. "Modeling dynamics of metal price series via state space approach with two common factors," HWWI Research Papers 156, Hamburg Institute of International Economics (HWWI).
- Bildirici, Melike E. & Turkmen, Ceren, 2015. "Nonlinear causality between oil and precious metals," Resources Policy, Elsevier, vol. 46(P2), pages 202-211.
- Vigne, Samuel A. & Lucey, Brian M. & O’Connor, Fergal A. & Yarovaya, Larisa, 2017. "The financial economics of white precious metals — A survey," International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 52(C), pages 292-308.
- Shahzad, Syed Jawad Hussain & Rahman, Md Lutfur & Lucey, Brian M. & Uddin, Gazi Salah, 2021. "Re-examining the real option characteristics of gold for gold mining companies," Resources Policy, Elsevier, vol. 70(C).
- repec:cii:cepiei:2012-q3-131-4 is not listed on IDEAS
- Nikhil Kaushik, 2018. "Do global oil price shocks affect Indian metal market?," Energy & Environment, , vol. 29(6), pages 891-904, September.
- O'Connor, Fergal A. & Lucey, Brian M. & Batten, Jonathan A. & Baur, Dirk G., 2015. "The financial economics of gold — A survey," International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 41(C), pages 186-205.
- Joscha Beckmann & Robert Czudaj, 2013. "Oil and gold price dynamics in a multivariate cointegration framework," International Economics and Economic Policy, Springer, vol. 10(3), pages 453-468, September.
- Sari, Ramazan & Soytas, Ugur & Hacihasanoglu, Erk, 2011. "Do global risk perceptions influence world oil prices?," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 33(3), pages 515-524, May.
- Fernandez, Viviana, 2015. "Commodity price excess co-movement from a historical perspective: 1900–2010," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 49(C), pages 698-710.
- Awaworyi Churchill, Sefa & Inekwe, John & Ivanovski, Kris & Smyth, Russell, 2019. "Dynamics of oil price, precious metal prices and the exchange rate in the long-run," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 84(C).
- Tapia, Carlos & Coulton, Jeff & Saydam, Serkan, 2020. "Using entropy to assess dynamic behaviour of long-term copper price," Resources Policy, Elsevier, vol. 66(C).
More about this item
Keywordsscarcity; reserves; real prices; non-renewable resources; inflation; energy policies;
All these keywords.
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:gam:jeners:v:11:y:2018:i:9:p:2392-:d:169104. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (XML Conversion Team). General contact details of provider: https://www.mdpi.com/ .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.