The Excess Co-Movement of Commodity Prices
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
References listed on IDEAS
- Williams, Jeffrey, 1987. "Futures Markets: A Consequences of Risk Aversion or Transactions Costs?," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 95(5), pages 1000-1023, October.
- Eichenbaum, Martin S., 1984. "Rational expectations and the smoothing properties of inventories of finished goods," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 14(1), pages 71-96, July.
- Goldberger, Arthur S, 1972. "Maximum-Likelihood Estimation of Regressions Containing Unobservable Independent Variables," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 13(1), pages 1-15, February.
- Turnovsky, Stephen J, 1983. "The Determination of Spot and Futures Prices with Storable Commodities," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 51(5), pages 1363-1387, September.
- Eichenbaum, Martin, 1983. "A rational expectations equilibrium model of inventories of finished goods and employment," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 12(2), pages 259-277.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Robert S. Pindyck, 1994.
"Inventories and the Short-Run Dynamics of Commodity Prices,"
RAND Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 25(1), pages 141-159, Spring.
- Pindyck, Robert S., 1990. "Inventories and the short-run dynamics of commodity prices," Working papers 3133-90., Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Sloan School of Management.
- Robert S. Pindyck, 1990. "Inventories and the Short-Run Dynamics of Commodity Prices," NBER Working Papers 3295, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Eichenbaum, Martin, 1989.
"Some Empirical Evidence on the Production Level and Production Cost Smoothing Models of Inventory Investment,"
American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 79(4), pages 853-864, September.
- Martin S. Eichenbaum, 1988. "Some Empirical Evidence on the Production Level and Production Cost Smoothing Models of Inventory Investment," NBER Working Papers 2523, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- repec:dau:papers:123456789/6800 is not listed on IDEAS
- Bassam Fattouh & Lavan Mahadeva, 2014. "Causes and Implications of Shifts in Financial Participation in Commodity Markets," Journal of Futures Markets, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 34(8), pages 757-787, August.
- John Baffes & Cristina Savescu, 2014. "Monetary conditions and metal prices," Applied Economics Letters, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 21(7), pages 447-452, May.
- Lawrence J. Christiano & Martin S. Eichenbaum, 1985.
"A continuous time, general equilibrium, inventory-sales model,"
361, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis.
- Lawrence J. Christiano & Martin S. Eichenbaum, 1986. "A continuous time, general equilibrium, inventory-sales model," Working Papers 304, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis.
- Rahman, Tauhidur & Mittelhammer, Ron C. & Wandschneider, Philip R., 2011. "Measuring quality of life across countries: A multiple indicators and multiple causes approach," Journal of Behavioral and Experimental Economics (formerly The Journal of Socio-Economics), Elsevier, vol. 40(1), pages 43-52, February.
- Ramses ABUL NAGA & Robin BURGESS, 1997.
"Prediction and Determination of Household Permanent Income,"
Cahiers de Recherches Economiques du Département d'économie
9705, Université de Lausanne, Faculté des HEC, Département d’économie.
- Ramses H. Abul Naga & Robin Burgess, 1997. "Prediction and Determination of Household Permanent Income," STICERD - Distributional Analysis Research Programme Papers 32, Suntory and Toyota International Centres for Economics and Related Disciplines, LSE.
- Abul Naga, Ramses H. & Burgess, Robin, 1997. "Prediction and determination of household permanent income," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 2143, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Kim, Jae-Gyeong, 1993. "Futures markets in an open economy," ISU General Staff Papers 1993010108000011461, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Magnusson, Leandro M. & Tarverdi, Yashar, 2020. "Measuring governance: Why do errors matter?," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 136(C).
- Figuerola-Ferretti, Isabel & Gilbert, Christopher L., 2001. "Price variability and marketing method in non-ferrous metals: : Slade's analysis revisited," Resources Policy, Elsevier, vol. 27(3), pages 169-177, September.
- Dana G. Popescu & Sridhar Seshadri, 2013. "Demand Uncertainty and Excess Supply in Commodity Contracting," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 59(9), pages 2135-2152, September.
- Zant, Wouter, 2001. "Hedging Price Risks of Farmers by Commodity Boards: A Simulation Applied to the Indian Natural Rubber Market," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 29(4), pages 691-710, April.
- Rahman, Tauhidur & Mittelhammer, Ronald C. & Wandschneider, Philip R., 2004. "A Latent Variable Mimic Approach To Inferring The Quality Of Life," 2004 Annual meeting, August 1-4, Denver, CO 20351, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Sykuta, Michael E., 1996. "Futures trading and supply contracting in the oil refining industry," Journal of Corporate Finance, Elsevier, vol. 2(4), pages 317-334, July.
- Daniel Kaufmann & Aart Kraay & Massimo Mastruzzi, 2006.
"Measuring Governance Using Cross-Country Perceptions Data,"
Chapters, in: Susan Rose-Ackerman (ed.), International Handbook on the Economics of Corruption, chapter 2,
Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Kaufmann, Daniel & Kraay, Aart & Mastruzzi, Massimo, 2005. "Measuring Governance Using Cross-Country Perceptions Data," MPRA Paper 8219, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Blinder, Alan S & Maccini, Louis J, 1991.
"The Resurgence of Inventory Research: What Have We Learned?,"
Journal of Economic Surveys, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 5(4), pages 291-328.
- Alan S. Blinder & Louis J. Maccini, 1990. "The Resurgence of Inventory Research: What Have We Learned?," NBER Working Papers 3408, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Nicola Secomandi & Sunder Kekre, 2014. "Optimal Energy Procurement in Spot and Forward Markets," Manufacturing & Service Operations Management, INFORMS, vol. 16(2), pages 270-282, May.
- Aubhik Khan & Julia K. Thomas, 2004.
"Modeling inventories over the business cycle,"
04-13, Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia.
- Julia K. Thomas & Aubhik Khan, 2005. "Modeling Inventories Over the Business Cycle," 2005 Meeting Papers 182, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- Aubhik Khan & Julia K. Thomas, 2004. "Modeling inventories over the business cycle," Staff Report 343, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis.
- Aubhik Khan & Julia K. Thomas, 2004. "Modeling Inventories Over the Business Cycle," NBER Working Papers 10652, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Campbell, Robert B. & Turnovsky, Stephen J., 1985.
"An analysis of the stabilizing and welfare effects of intervention in spot and futures markets,"
Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 28(2), pages 165-209, November.
- Robert B. Campbell & Stephen J. Turnovsky, 1985. "An Analysis of the Stabilizing and Welfare Effects of Intervention in Spot and Futures Markets," NBER Working Papers 1698, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Arzu Uluc, 2018.
"Stabilising House Prices: the Role of Housing Futures Trading,"
The Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics, Springer, vol. 56(4), pages 587-621, May.
- Uluc, Arzu, 2015. "Stabilising house prices: the role of housing futures trading," Bank of England working papers 559, Bank of England.
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:nbr:nberwo:2671. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/nberrus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.