The boom and bust of U.S. housing prices from various geographic perspectives
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- William H. Rogers & William Winter, 2009. "The Impact of Foreclosures on Neighboring Housing Sales," Journal of Real Estate Research, American Real Estate Society, vol. 31(4), pages 455-480.
- Michele Boldrin, 2012. "Reconstructing the Great Recession," 2012 Meeting Papers 1038, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- Davis, Morris A. & Heathcote, Jonathan, 2007.
"The price and quantity of residential land in the United States,"
Journal of Monetary Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 54(8), pages 2595-2620, November.
- Jonathan Heathcote & Morris Davis, 2004. "The Price and Quantity of Residential Land in the United States," 2004 Meeting Papers 32, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- Morris A. Davis & Jonathan Heathcote, 2004. "The price and quantity of residential land in the United States," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 2004-37, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Davis, Morris & Heathcote, Jonathan, 2005. "The Price and Quantity of Residential Land in the United States," CEPR Discussion Papers 5333, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Schuetz, Jenny & Been, Vicki & Ellen, Ingrid Gould, 2008. "Neighborhood effects of concentrated mortgage foreclosures," Journal of Housing Economics, Elsevier, vol. 17(4), pages 306-319, December.
- Michelle T. Armesto & Carlos Garriga, 2009. "Examining the housing crisis by home price tier," Economic Synopses, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis.
- Hartley, Daniel, 2014.
"The effect of foreclosures on nearby housing prices: Supply or dis-amenity?,"
Regional Science and Urban Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 49(C), pages 108-117.
- Daniel Hartley, 2011. "The effect of foreclosures on nearby housing prices: supply or disamenity?," Working Paper 1011, Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland, revised 01 Jan 2014.
- John Y. Campbell & Stefano Giglio & Parag Pathak, 2011.
"Forced Sales and House Prices,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 101(5), pages 2108-2131, August.
- John Y. Campbell & Stefano Giglio & Parag Pathak, 2009. "Forced Sales and House Prices," NBER Working Papers 14866, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Giglio, Stefano & Pathak, Parag & Campbell, John Y., 2011. "Forced Sales and House Prices," Scholarly Articles 9887623, Harvard University Department of Economics.
- Edward L. Glaeser & Joshua D. Gottlieb & Kristina Tobio, 2012. "Housing Booms and City Centers," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 102(3), pages 127-133, May.
- Tammy Leonard & James Murdoch, 2009. "The neighborhood effects of foreclosure," Journal of Geographical Systems, Springer, vol. 11(4), pages 317-332, December.
- Andrew F. Haughwout & James A. Orr & David Bedoll, 2008. "The price of land in the New York metropolitan area," Current Issues in Economics and Finance, Federal Reserve Bank of New York, vol. 14(Apr).
- Adrienne Mack & Enrique Martínez-García, 2011. "A cross-country quarterly database of real house prices: a methodological note," Globalization and Monetary Policy Institute Working Paper 99, Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas.
- Terrence M. Clauretie & Nasser Daneshvary, 2009. "Estimating the House Foreclosure Discount Corrected for Spatial Price Interdependence and Endogeneity of Marketing Time," Real Estate Economics, American Real Estate and Urban Economics Association, vol. 37(1), pages 43-67.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Kim, Taeyoung & Cho, Seong-Hoon & Larson, Eric R. & Armsworth, Paul R., 2014. "Protected area acquisition costs show economies of scale with area," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 107(C), pages 122-132.
- Cohen, Jeffrey P. & Coughlin, Cletus C. & Clapp, John M., 2014. "Semi-Parametric Interpolations of Residential Location Values: Using Housing Price Data to Generate Balanced Panels," Working Papers 2014-50, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis.
- Wendong Zhang & Cynthia J. Nickerson, 2015. "Housing Market Bust and Farmland Values: Identifying the Changing Influence of Proximity to Urban Centers," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 91(4), pages 605-626.
- Noordegraaf-Eelens, L.H.J. & Franses, Ph.H.B.F., 2014. "Do loss profiles on the mortgage market resonate with changes in macro economic prospects, business cycle movements or policy measures?," Econometric Institute Research Papers EI 2014-08, Erasmus University Rotterdam, Erasmus School of Economics (ESE), Econometric Institute.
- Rogers, William H. & Winkler, Anne E., 2013. "The Relationship between the Housing & Labor Market Crises and Doubling-Up: An MSA-Level Analysis, 2005-2010," IZA Discussion Papers 7263, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Cohen, Jeffrey P. & Coughlin, Cletus C. & Clapp, John M., 2015. "Local Polynomial Regressions versus OLS for Generating Location Value Estimates: Which is More Efficient in Out-of-Sample Forecasts?," Working Papers 2015-14, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis, revised 29 Oct 2015.
- Anundsen, André Kallåk & Heebøll, Christian, 2013. "Supply Restrictions, Subprime Lending and Regional US Housing Prices," Memorandum 04/2013, Oslo University, Department of Economics.
More about this item
KeywordsHousing - United States; Housing - Prices;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:fip:fedlrv:y:2012:i:september:p:341-368:n:v.94no.5. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Kathy Cosgrove). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/frbslus.html .