Causes of Deviations from the CNB’s Inflation Targets: An Empirical Analysis
This paper provides an empirical analysis of the factors that caused deviations from the CNB’s inflation targets during the first ten years of inflation targeting in the Czech Republic. While in the short term, shocks to agricultural producer prices represent the most important factor, exchange rate shocks are clearly the most important medium-term factor. At the same time, it could not be proved that monetary policy created any major shocks contributing to the non-fulfillment of inflation targets, although some role thereof cannot be excluded either.
Volume (Year): 58 (2008)
Issue (Month): 09-10 (December)
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Opletalova 26, CZ-110 00 Prague|
Phone: +420 2 222112330
Fax: +420 2 22112304
Web page: http://ies.fsv.cuni.cz/
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- TomÃƒÂ¡Ã…Â¡ Holub & JaromÃƒÂr HurnÃƒÂk, 2008.
"Ten Years of Czech Inflation Targeting: Missed Targets and Anchored Expectations,"
Emerging Markets Finance and Trade,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 44(6), pages 67-86, November.
- TomÃ¡Å¡ Holub & JaromÃr HurnÃk, 2008. "Ten Years of Czech Inflation Targeting: Missed Targets and Anchored Expectations," Emerging Markets Finance and Trade, M.E. Sharpe, Inc., vol. 44(6), pages 67-86, November.
- Adam Gersl & Tomás Holub, 2006. "Foreign Exchange Interventions Under Inflation Targeting: The Czech Experience," Contemporary Economic Policy, Western Economic Association International, vol. 24(4), pages 475-491, October.
- Tomas Holub, 2004. "Foreign Exchange Interventions Under Inflation Targeting: The Czech Experience," Research and Policy Notes 2004/01, Czech National Bank, Research Department.
- Holub, Tomáš, 2004. "Foreign exchange interventions under inflation targeting: the Czech Experience," Research Notes 17, Deutsche Bank Research.
- Jan Filáèek, 2007. "Why and How to Assess Inflation-Target Fulfillment," Czech Journal of Economics and Finance (Finance a uver), Charles University Prague, Faculty of Social Sciences, vol. 57(11-12), pages 577-594, December.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:fau:fauart:v:58:y:2008:i:9-10:p:425-433. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Lenka Herrmannova)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.