Basic Characteristics of Inflation Targeting in the Czech Republic
In: Evaluation of the Fulfilment of the CNB's Inflation Targets 1998-2007
This paper investigates basic characteristics of inflation targeting in the Czech Republic. The first part of the paper starts by briefly indicating some general macroeconomic conditions of inflation targeting in the Czech Republic, including the identification of the main shocks, which affected them. In addition, the extent of non-fulfilment of the inflation target in the Czech Republic is compared to the experience of several inflation targeting foreign countries. A comparison of the inflation target fulfilment in various phases of inflation targeting reveals a changing success rate in the fulfilment of the target in time. While deviations of inflation from the targets were very high in international comparison in the early phase of inflation targeting, the Czech National Bank has lately come closer to the characteristics of relatively more successful inflation targeters.
|This chapter was published in: ||This item is provided by Czech National Bank, Research Department in its series Occasional Publications - Chapters in Edited Volumes with number
02.||Handle:|| RePEc:cnb:ocpubc:02||Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Phone: 00420 2 2442 1111
Fax: 00420 2 2421 8522
Web page: http://www.cnb.cz/en/research/research_intro/
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- TomÃ¡Å¡ Holub & JaromÃr HurnÃk, 2008. "Ten Years of Czech Inflation Targeting: Missed Targets and Anchored Expectations," Emerging Markets Finance and Trade, M.E. Sharpe, Inc., vol. 44(6), pages 67-86, November.
- Holub, Tomáš, 2004.
"Foreign exchange interventions under inflation targeting: the Czech Experience,"
17, Deutsche Bank Research.
- Adam Gersl & Tomás Holub, 2006. "Foreign Exchange Interventions Under Inflation Targeting: The Czech Experience," Contemporary Economic Policy, Western Economic Association International, vol. 24(4), pages 475-491, October.
- Tomas Holub, 2004. "Foreign Exchange Interventions Under Inflation Targeting: The Czech Experience," Research and Policy Notes 2004/01, Czech National Bank, Research Department.
- Katerina Smidkova, 2003.
"Koruna Exchange Rate Turbulence in May 1997,"
- Katerina Smidkova & Jiri Behounek & Tibor Hledik & Josef Jilek & Miroslav Kostel & Ivana Matalikova & Dana Rottova & Jana Stankova, 1998. "Koruna Exchange Rate Turbulence in May 1997," Archive of Monetary Policy Division Working Papers 1998/02, Czech National Bank.
- Ales Bulir & Katerina Smidkova & Viktor Kotlan & David Navratil, 2007. "Inflation Targeting and Communication: Should the Public Read Inflation Reports or Tea Leaves?," Working Papers 2007/14, Czech National Bank, Research Department.
- Scott Roger & Mark R. Stone, 2005. "On Target? the International Experience with Achieving Inflation Targets," IMF Working Papers 05/163, International Monetary Fund.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cnb:ocpubc:02. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jan Babecky)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.