Desempeño educativo en México: la prueba Enlace
This article measures the relationship between a standardized test applied at the national level (Enlace) with bimontly test results at the classroom level. The results for mathematics imply that a one standard deviation increase in cumulative learning measured with the bimonthly tests increase the Enlace tests scores by 0.84 standard deviations. The result is robust to different estimation methods like quantile regression, fixed effects at the school level and mixed models. Therefore, we conclude that what it is taught in the classroom is reflected in the Enlace test.
Volume (Year): 26 (2011)
Issue (Month): 2 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.colmex.mx/centros/cee/|
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Thomas J. Kane & Douglas O. Staiger, 2008. "Estimating Teacher Impacts on Student Achievement: An Experimental Evaluation," NBER Working Papers 14607, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Khwaja, Asim Ijaz & Andrabi, Tahir & Das, Jishnu & Zajonc, Tristan, 2009.
"Do Value-Added Estimates Add Value? Accounting for Learning Dynamics,"
4435671, Harvard Kennedy School of Government.
- Tahir Andrabi & Jishnu Das & Asim Ijaz Khwaja & Tristan Zajonc, 2011. "Do Value-Added Estimates Add Value? Accounting for Learning Dynamics," American Economic Journal: Applied Economics, American Economic Association, vol. 3(3), pages 29-54, July.
- Andrabi, Tahir & Das, Jishnu & Khwaja, Asim Ijaz & Zajonc, Tristan, 2009. "Do Value-Added Estimates Add Value? Accounting for Learning Dynamics," Working Paper Series rwp09-034, Harvard University, John F. Kennedy School of Government.
- Andrabi, Tahir & Das, Jishnu & Khwaja, Asim Ijaz & Zajonc, Tristan, 2009. "Do value-added estimates add value ? accounting for learning dynamics," Policy Research Working Paper Series 5066, The World Bank.
- David N. Figlio, 2005.
"Testing, Crime and Punishment,"
NBER Working Papers
11194, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Mizala, Alejandra & Romaguera, Pilar & Urquiola, Miguel, 2007.
"Socioeconomic status or noise? Tradeoffs in the generation of school quality information,"
Journal of Development Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 84(1), pages 61-75, September.
- Alejandra Mizala & Pilar Romaguera & Miguel Urquiola, 2006. "Socioeconomic status or noise? Tradeoffs in the generation of school quality information," Documentos de Trabajo 225, Centro de Economía Aplicada, Universidad de Chile.
- repec:tpr:qjecon:v:125:y:2010:i:1:p:175-214 is not listed on IDEAS
- Paul Glewwe & Nauman Ilias & Michael Kremer, 2010.
American Economic Journal: Applied Economics,
American Economic Association, vol. 2(3), pages 205-27, July.
- Thomas J. Kane & Douglas O. Staiger, 2001. "Improving School Accountability Measures," NBER Working Papers 8156, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Derek Neal & Diane Whitmore Schanzenbach, 2007. "Left Behind By Design: Proficiency Counts and Test-Based Accountability," NBER Working Papers 13293, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Petra E. Todd & Kenneth I. Wolpin, 2003. "On The Specification and Estimation of The Production Function for Cognitive Achievement," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 113(485), pages F3-F33, February.
- Jesse Rothstein, 2008.
"Teacher Quality in Educational Production: Tracking, Decay, and Student Achievement,"
NBER Working Papers
14442, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Daniel M. Koretz, 2002. "Limitations in the Use of Achievement Tests as Measures of Educators' Productivity," Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 37(4), pages 752-777.
- De Hoyos, Rafael E. & Espino, Juan Manuel & García, Vicente, 2012. "Determinantes del logro escolar en México. Primeros resultados utilizando la prueba ENLACE media superior," El Trimestre Económico, Fondo de Cultura Económica, vol. 0(316), pages 783-811, octubre-d.
- Thomas J. Kane & Douglas O. Staiger, 2002. "The Promise and Pitfalls of Using Imprecise School Accountability Measures," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 16(4), pages 91-114, Fall.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:emx:esteco:v:26:y:2011:i:2:p:249-292. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Rocío Contreras)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.