Culture, employee work outcomes and performance: An empirical analysis of Indian software firms
Through a survey of Indian software organizations, we test a model of work-oriented cognitions and performance measures using structural equation modeling. The developed framework presents satisfaction at work, productivity at work, and quality of work as consequences of organizational culture. Further, satisfaction and productivity at work and quality of work are hypothesized as leading to firm profitability and growth while quality of work is presented as a contributor to organizational innovation. The results of the study provide support for the developed model and lead to a number of conclusions and implications for theory and practice.
Volume (Year): 47 (2012)
Issue (Month): 2 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/620401/description#description|
|Order Information:|| Postal: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/620401/bibliographic|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Alsyouf, Imad, 2007. "The role of maintenance in improving companies' productivity and profitability," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 105(1), pages 70-78, January.
- E. Grifell-Tatjé & C. A. K. Lovell, 1999.
"Profits and Productivity,"
INFORMS, vol. 45(9), pages 1177-1193, September.
- Bernhardt, Kenneth L. & Donthu, Naveen & Kennett, Pamela A., 2000. "A Longitudinal Analysis of Satisfaction and Profitability," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 47(2), pages 161-171, February.
- Barbara R. Lewis & GARD O.S. GABRIELSEN, 1998. "Intra-organisational Aspects of Service Quality Management: The Employees’ Perspective," The Service Industries Journal, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 18(2), pages 64-89, April.
- Montek S. Ahluwalia, 2002. "Economic Reforms in India Since 1991: Has Gradualism Worked?," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 16(3), pages 67-88, Summer.
- Carl F. Fey & Daniel R. Denison, 2003. "Organizational Culture And Effectiveness: Can American Theory Be Applied In Russia?," William Davidson Institute Working Papers Series 2003-598, William Davidson Institute at the University of Michigan.
- M Patterson & P Warr & M West, 2004.
"Organizational Climate and Company Productivity: the Role of Employee Affect and Employee Level,"
CEP Discussion Papers
dp0626, Centre for Economic Performance, LSE.
- Malcolm Patterson & Peter Warr & Michael West, 2004. "Organizational climate and company productivity: the role of employee affect and employee level," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 19977, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Dobni, Dawn & Ritchie, J. R. Brent & Zerbe, Wilf, 2000. "Organizational Values: The Inside View of Service Productivity," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 47(2), pages 91-107, February.
- Gómez, Carolina, 2004. "The influence of environmental, organizational, and HRM factors on employee behaviors in subsidiaries: a Mexican case study of organizational learning," Journal of World Business, Elsevier, vol. 39(1), pages 1-11, February.
- Varma, Arup & Toh, Soo Min & Budhwar, Pawan, 2006. "A new perspective on the female expatriate experience: The role of host country national categorization," Journal of World Business, Elsevier, vol. 41(2), pages 112-120, June.
- P. M. Bentler & Chih-Ping Chou, 1987. "Practical Issues in Structural Modeling," Sociological Methods & Research, , vol. 16(1), pages 78-117, August.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:worbus:v:47:y:2012:i:2:p:194-203. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.