Pay gap by gender in the tourism industry of Brazil
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Barros, Carlos Pestana & Botti, Laurent & Peypoch, Nicolas & Robinot, Elisabeth & Solonandrasana, Bernardin & A., George Assaf, 2011.
"Performance of French destinations: Tourism attraction perspectives,"
Tourism Management, Elsevier, vol. 32(1), pages 141-146.
- Carlos Pestana Barros & Laurent Botti & Nicolas Peypoch & Elisabeth Robinot & Bernardin Solonandrasana & A. Assaf, 2011. "Performance of French destinations: Tourism attraction perspectives," Post-Print hal-00962426, HAL.
- Gary S. Becker, 1962.
"Investment in Human Capital: A Theoretical Analysis,"
NBER Chapters, in: Investment in Human Beings, pages 9-49,
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Gary S. Becker, 1962. "Investment in Human Capital: A Theoretical Analysis," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 70, pages 1-9.
- Jacob A. Mincer, 1974. "Introduction to "Schooling, Experience, and Earnings"," NBER Chapters, in: Schooling, Experience, and Earnings, pages 1-4, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Fortin, Nicole & Lemieux, Thomas & Firpo, Sergio, 2011. "Decomposition Methods in Economics," Handbook of Labor Economics, in: O. Ashenfelter & D. Card (ed.),Handbook of Labor Economics, edition 1, volume 4, chapter 1, pages 1-102, Elsevier.
- Ma del Mar Salinas-Jim鮥z & Marta Rahona-L, 2013. "Gender wage differentials and educational mismatch: an application to the Spanish case," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 45(30), pages 4226-4235, October.
- Jacob A. Mincer, 1974. "Schooling, Experience, and Earnings," NBER Books, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc, number minc74-1.
- Amélia Bastos & Graça Leão Fernandes & José Passos, 2004.
"Estimation of Gender Wage Discrimination in the Portuguese Labour Market,"
Notas Económicas, Faculty of Economics, University of Coimbra, issue 19, pages 35-48, June.
- Amélia Bastos & Graça Leão Fernandes & José Passos, 2003. "Estimation of Gender wage Discrimination in the Portuguese labour market," ERSA conference papers ersa03p184, European Regional Science Association.
- Alan S. Blinder, 1973. "Wage Discrimination: Reduced Form and Structural Estimates," Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 8(4), pages 436-455.
- Akhmedjonov, Alisher, 2012. "New evidence on pay gap between men and women in Turkey," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 117(1), pages 32-34.
- Ben Jann, 2008.
"A Stata implementation of the Blinder-Oaxaca decomposition,"
ETH Zurich Sociology Working Papers
5, ETH Zurich, Chair of Sociology, revised 14 May 2008.
- Ben Jann, 2008. "OAXACA: Stata module to compute the Blinder-Oaxaca decomposition," Statistical Software Components S456936, Boston College Department of Economics, revised 25 Aug 2011.
- Heckman, James, 2013. "Sample selection bias as a specification error," Applied Econometrics, Publishing House "SINERGIA PRESS", vol. 31(3), pages 129-137.
- Julie A. Nelson, 2014. "The power of stereotyping and confirmation bias to overwhelm accurate assessment: the case of economics, gender, and risk aversion," Journal of Economic Methodology, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 21(3), pages 211-231, September.
- Lirandina GOMES & Joaquim RAMOS SILVA, 2014. "SPANISH AND PORTUGUESE HOTEL NETWORKS IN BRAZIL,Evidence from the Northern Coast of Bahia," Regional Science Inquiry, Hellenic Association of Regional Scientists, vol. 0(2), pages 39-55, December.
- Jacob Mincer, 1958. "Investment in Human Capital and Personal Income Distribution," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 66, pages 281-281.
- Phelps, Edmund S, 1972. "The Statistical Theory of Racism and Sexism," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 62(4), pages 659-661, September.
- Arrow, Kenneth J., 1973. "Higher education as a filter," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 2(3), pages 193-216, July.
- Pilar Gonzalez & Luis Delfim Santos & Maria Clementina Santos, 2009. "Education and gender wage differentials in Portugal: what can we learn from an age cohort analysis?," Education Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 17(2), pages 263-278.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Pastore, Francesco & Webster, Allan & Hope, Kevin, 2020.
"Assessing the Role of Women in Tourism Related Sectors in the Caribbean,"
IZA Discussion Papers
13486, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Pastore, Francesco & Webster, Allan & Hope, Kevin, 2020. "Assessing the role of women in tourism related sectors in the Caribbean," GLO Discussion Paper Series 599, Global Labor Organization (GLO).
- Azzurra Rinaldi & Irene Salerno, 0. "The tourism gender gap and its potential impact on the development of the emerging countries," Quality & Quantity: International Journal of Methodology, Springer, vol. 0, pages 1-13.
- Carvalho, Inês & Costa, Carlos & Lykke, Nina & Torres, Anália, 2019. "Beyond the glass ceiling: Gendering tourism management," Annals of Tourism Research, Elsevier, vol. 75(C), pages 79-91.
- María Jesús Carrasco-Santos & Carmen Cristófol Rodríguez & Eva Royo Rodríguez, 2020. "Why Is the Spanish Hotel Trade Lagging So Far Behind in Gender Equality? A Sustainability Question," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 12(11), pages 1-20, May.
- Joaquim Ramos Silva & Carla Regina Ferreira Freire Guimarães, 2017. "Wage differentials in Brazil: Tourism vs. other service sectors," Cogent Economics & Finance, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 5(1), pages 1319606-131, January.
- Haroon Ur Rashid Khan & Anwar Khan & Khalid Zaman & Agha Amad Nabi & Sanil S. Hishan & Talat Islam, 2017. "Gender discrimination in education, health, and labour market: a voice for equality," Quality & Quantity: International Journal of Methodology, Springer, vol. 51(5), pages 2245-2266, September.
- Banerjee, Snehasish & Chua, Alton Y.K., 2020. "How alluring is the online profile of tour guides?," Annals of Tourism Research, Elsevier, vol. 81(C).
- Francisca Rosa Álamo-Vera & Lidia Hernández-López & José Luis Ballesteros-Rodríguez & Petra De Saá-Pérez, 2020. "Competence Development and Employability Expectations: A Gender Perspective of Mobility Programmes in Higher Education," Administrative Sciences, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 10(3), pages 1-15, September.
More about this item
KeywordsBrazil; Wage gaps; Gender; Tourism activities;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:touman:v:52:y:2016:i:c:p:440-450. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Haili He). General contact details of provider: https://www.journals.elsevier.com/tourism-management .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.