Does the Dog Wag the Tail or the Tail the Dog? Cointegration of Indian Agriculture with Nonagriculture
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Sunil Kanwar, 1996. "Does The Dog Wag The Tail Or The Tail The Dog? Cointegration Of Indian Agriculture With Non-Agriculture," Working papers 35, Centre for Development Economics, Delhi School of Economics.
References listed on IDEAS
- Engle, Robert & Granger, Clive, 2015.
"Co-integration and error correction: Representation, estimation, and testing,"
Publishing House "SINERGIA PRESS", vol. 39(3), pages 106-135.
- Engle, Robert F & Granger, Clive W J, 1987. "Co-integration and Error Correction: Representation, Estimation, and Testing," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 55(2), pages 251-276, March.
- Krishna, Raj, 1982. "Some Aspects of Agricultural Growth, Price Policy and Equity in Developing Countries," Food Research Institute Studies, Stanford University, Food Research Institute, issue 03.
- Dolado, J.J. & Lutkepohl, H., 1994.
"Making Wald Tests Work for Cointegrated Var Systems,"
9424, Centro de Estudios Monetarios Y Financieros-.
- Juan J. DOLADO & Helmut LÜTKEPOHL, 1994. "Making Wald Tests Work for Cointegrated Var Systems," SFB 373 Discussion Papers 1994,44, Humboldt University of Berlin, Interdisciplinary Research Project 373: Quantification and Simulation of Economic Processes.
- Johansen, Soren & Juselius, Katarina, 1990. "Maximum Likelihood Estimation and Inference on Cointegration--With Applications to the Demand for Money," Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics, Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 52(2), pages 169-210, May.
- Rangarajan, C., 1982. "Agricultural growth and industrial performance in India:," Research reports 33, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Granger, C. W. J. & Newbold, Paul, 1986. "Forecasting Economic Time Series," Elsevier Monographs, Elsevier, edition 2, number 9780122951831 edited by Shell, Karl.
- Sims, Christopher A, 1980. "Macroeconomics and Reality," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 48(1), pages 1-48, January.
- Osterwald-Lenum, Michael, 1992. "A Note with Quantiles of the Asymptotic Distribution of the Maximum Likelihood Cointegration Rank Test Statistics," Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics, Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 54(3), pages 461-472, August.
- Phillips, P.C.B., 1986.
"Understanding spurious regressions in econometrics,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 33(3), pages 311-340, December.
- Peter C.B. Phillips, 1985. "Understanding Spurious Regressions in Econometrics," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 757, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- Johansen, Soren, 1988. "Statistical analysis of cointegration vectors," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 12(2-3), pages 231-254.
- Johansen, Søren & Juselius, Katarina, 1992. "Testing structural hypotheses in a multivariate cointegration analysis of the PPP and the UIP for UK," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 53(1-3), pages 211-244.
- Peter Timmer, C., 1988. "The agricultural transformation," Handbook of Development Economics,in: Hollis Chenery & T.N. Srinivasan (ed.), Handbook of Development Economics, edition 1, volume 1, chapter 8, pages 275-331 Elsevier.
- Hall, S G, 1989. "Maximum Likelihood Estimation of Cointegration Vectors: An Example of the Johansen Procedure," Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics, Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 51(2), pages 213-218, March.
- Mohan Rao, J. & Caballero, Jose Maria, 1990. "Agricultural performance and development strategy: Retrospect and prospect," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 18(6), pages 899-913, June.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Chebbi, Houssem Eddine & Lachaal, Lassaad, 2007.
"Agricultural Sector and Economic Growth in Tunisia: Evidence from Co-integration and Error Correction Mechanism,"
103rd Seminar, April 23-25, 2007, Barcelona, Spain
9416, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Chebbi, Houssem Eddine & Lachaal, Lassaad, 2007. "Agricultural sector and economic growth in Tunisia: Evidence from co-integration and error correction mechanism," MPRA Paper 9101, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- de Souza, Joao Paulo A., 2014. "Growth Complementarity Between Agriculture and Industry: Evidence from a Panel of Developing Countries," UMASS Amherst Economics Working Papers 2014-11, University of Massachusetts Amherst, Department of Economics.
- Kaya, Ozgur & Kaya, Ilker & Gunter, Lewell F., 2008. "The Impact of Agricultural Aid on Agricultural Sector Growth," 2008 Annual Meeting, February 2-6, 2008, Dallas, Texas 6743, Southern Agricultural Economics Association.
- Subramaniam, Vijay & Reed, Michael R., 2009. "Agricultural Inter-Sectoral Linkages and Its Contribution to Economic Growth in the Transition Countries," 2009 Conference, August 16-22, 2009, Beijing, China 51586, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Pami Dua & Lokendra Kumawat, 2007. "Modelling Seasonal Dynamics in Indian Industrial Production--An Extention of TV-STAR Model," Working papers 162, Centre for Development Economics, Delhi School of Economics.
- Richard Tiffin & Xavier Irz, 2006. "Is agriculture the engine of growth?," Agricultural Economics, International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 35(1), pages 79-89, July.
- Gaspar, João & Pina, Gilson & Simões, Marta, 2014.
"Agriculture in Portugal: linkages with industry and services,"
Revue d'Etudes en Agriculture et Environnement,
Editions NecPlus, vol. 95(04), pages 437-471, December.
- Joao Gaspar & Gilson Pina & Marta Simoes, 2014. "Agriculture in Portugal: linkages with industry and services," Review of Agricultural and Environmental Studies - Revue d'Etudes en Agriculture et Environnement, INRA Department of Economics, vol. 95(4), pages 437-471.
- João Gaspar & Gilson Pina & Marta C. N. Simões, 2014. "Agriculture in Portugal: linkages with industry and services," GEMF Working Papers 2014-04, GEMF, Faculty of Economics, University of Coimbra.
- Dorward, Andrew & Kydd, Jonathan & Morrison, Jamie & Urey, Ian, 2004. "A Policy Agenda for Pro-Poor Agricultural Growth," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 32(1), pages 73-89, January.
- RAMDE, Fousseni & LO, Sérigne Bassirou, 2015.
"Le Role Du Secteur Agricole Dans L’Economie Du Senegal
[The Role Of The Agricultural Sector In The Senegal Economy]," MPRA Paper 81906, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- repec:bla:metroe:v:68:y:2017:i:3:p:549-583 is not listed on IDEAS
- Harish Mani & G. Bhalachandran & V. N. Pandit, 2011. "Public Investment In Agricultural And Gdp Growth-- Another Look At The Inter Sectoral Linkages And Policy Implications," Working papers 201, Centre for Development Economics, Delhi School of Economics.
- Pina, Gilson M. G., 2013.
"Mudança estrutural e a relação entre os setores em Cabo Verde
[Structural change and the sectoral linkage in Cape Verde]," MPRA Paper 46015, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Behera, Deepak Kumar, 2012. "Economic Growth And Sectoral Linkages: Empirical Evidence From Odisha," Journal of Regional Development and Planning, JRDP, vol. 1(2), pages 91-102.
- Kumawat, Lokendra, 2010. "Effect of Rainfall on Seasonals in Indian Manufacturing Production: Evidence from Sectoral Data," MPRA Paper 25300, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- de Souza, Joao Paulo A., 2015. "Evidence of growth complementarity between agriculture and industry in developing countries," Structural Change and Economic Dynamics, Elsevier, vol. 34(C), pages 1-18.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jpolmo:v:22:y:2000:i:5:p:533-556. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/505735 .