Management of school locations allowing for free school choice
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Daniel Serra & Rosa Colomé, 2001. "articles: Consumer choice and optimal locations models: Formulations and heuristics," Papers in Regional Science, Springer;Regional Science Association International, vol. 80(4), pages 439-464.
- Justine S. Hastings & Thomas J. Kane & Douglas O. Staiger, 2005.
"Parental Preferences and School Competition: Evidence from a Public School Choice Program,"
NBER Working Papers
11805, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Hastings, Justine S. & Kane, Thomas J. & Staiger, Douglas O., 2005. "Parental Preferences and School Competition: Evidence from a Public School Choice Program," Working Papers 10, Yale University, Department of Economics.
- Redondo, Juana L. & Fernández, José & Arrondo, Aránzazu G. & García, Inmaculada & Ortigosa, Pilar M., 2012. "Fixed or variable demand? Does it matter when locating a facility?," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 40(1), pages 9-20, January.
- Bliemer, Michiel C.J. & Rose, John M., 2010. "Construction of experimental designs for mixed logit models allowing for correlation across choice observations," Transportation Research Part B: Methodological, Elsevier, vol. 44(6), pages 720-734, July.
- ReVelle, Charles & Murray, Alan T. & Serra, Daniel, 2007.
"Location models for ceding market share and shrinking services,"
Elsevier, vol. 35(5), pages 533-540, October.
- Charles ReVelle & Alan T. Murray & Daniel Serra, 2004. "Location models for ceding market share and shrinking services," Economics Working Papers 753, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra.
- Train,Kenneth E., 2009. "Discrete Choice Methods with Simulation," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521766555, March.
- R L Church & O B Schoepfle, 1993. "The Choice Alternative to School Assignment," Environment and Planning B, , vol. 20(4), pages 447-457, August.
- Antunes, Antonio & Peeters, Dominique, 2000.
"A dynamic optimization model for school network planning,"
Socio-Economic Planning Sciences,
Elsevier, vol. 34(2), pages 101-120, June.
- ANTUNES, Antonio & PEETERS, Dominique, 2000. "A dynamic optimization model for school network planning," CORE Discussion Papers RP 1440, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Sven MÃ¼ller & Knut Haase & Sascha Kless, 2009. "A Multiperiod School Location Planning Approach with Free School Choice," Environment and Planning A, , vol. 41(12), pages 2929-2945, December.
- Sven Müller & Knut Haase & Sascha Kless, 2009. "A multiperiod school location planning approach with free school choice," Environment and Planning A, Pion Ltd, London, vol. 41(12), pages 2929-2945, December.
- Pelegrín, Blas & Fernández, Pascual & Dolores García Pérez, María & Cano Hernández, Saúl, 2012. "On the location of new facilities for chain expansion under delivered pricing," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 40(2), pages 149-158, April.
- Marianov, Vladimir & Ríos, Miguel & Icaza, Manuel José, 2008. "Facility location for market capture when users rank facilities by shorter travel and waiting times," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 191(1), pages 32-44, November.
- Brownstone, David & Train, Kenneth, 1998.
"Forecasting new product penetration with flexible substitution patterns,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 89(1-2), pages 109-129, November.
- Brownstone, David & Train, Kenneth, 1999. "Forecasting new product penetration with flexible substitution patterns," University of California Transportation Center, Working Papers qt3tb6j874, University of California Transportation Center.
- Brownstone, David & Train, Kenneth, 1999. "Forecasting new product penetration with flexible substitution patterns," University of California Transportation Center, Working Papers qt1j6814b3, University of California Transportation Center.
- Kingsley E. Haynes & Stewart Fotheringham, 1990. "The Impact of Space on the Application Of Discrete Choice Models," The Review of Regional Studies, Southern Regional Science Association, vol. 20(2), pages 39-49, Spring.
- R L Church & O B Schoepfle, 1993. "The choice alternative to school assignment," Environment and Planning B: Planning and Design, Pion Ltd, London, vol. 20(4), pages 447-457, July.
- Daniel McFadden & Kenneth Train, 2000. "Mixed MNL models for discrete response," Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 15(5), pages 447-470.
- Timmermans, Harry & Borgers, Aloys & van der Waerden, Peter, 1991. "Mother logit analysis of substitution effects in consumer shopping destination choice," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 23(4), pages 311-323, December.
- Lankford R. H. & Lee E. S. & Wyckoff J. H., 1995. "An Analysis of Elementary and Secondary School Choice," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 38(2), pages 236-251, September.
- Lemberg, David S. & Church, Richard L., 2000. "The school boundary stability problem over time," Socio-Economic Planning Sciences, Elsevier, vol. 34(3), pages 159-176, September.
- Min, Hokey, 1987. "A multiobjective retail service location model for fastfood restaurants," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 15(5), pages 429-441.
- Albareda-Sambola, Maria & Fernández, Elena & Saldanha-da-Gama, Francisco, 2011. "The facility location problem with Bernoulli demands," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 39(3), pages 335-345, June.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Murray, Alan T., 2016. "Assessing the impacts of traditional school year calendar start dates," Socio-Economic Planning Sciences, Elsevier, vol. 54(C), pages 28-36.
- Haase, Knut & Müller, Sven, 2014. "A comparison of linear reformulations for multinomial logit choice probabilities in facility location models," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 232(3), pages 689-691.
- Berman, Oded & Sanajian, Nima & Wang, Jiamin, 2017. "Location choice and risk attitude of a decision maker," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 66(PA), pages 170-181.
More about this item
KeywordsDiscrete location; Simulation-based optimization; Endogenous demand; Random utility model; Mixed logit; School network; 0–1 program;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jomega:v:41:y:2013:i:5:p:847-855. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/375/description#description .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.