Inspection, testing errors and trade in tainted products
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Das, Satya P. & Donnenfeld, Shabtai, 1989. "Oligopolistic competition and international trade : Quantity and quality restrictions," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 27(3-4), pages 299-318, November.
- Krautheim, Sebastian, 2012. "Heterogeneous firms, exporter networks and the effect of distance on international trade," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 87(1), pages 27-35.
- Yeaple, Stephen Ross, 2005. "A simple model of firm heterogeneity, international trade, and wages," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 65(1), pages 1-20, January.
- Roy, Santanu & Viaene, Jean-Marie, 1998. "On strategic vertical foreign investment," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 46(2), pages 253-279, December.
- Elhanan Helpman & Marc J. Melitz & Stephen R. Yeaple, 2004. "Export Versus FDI with Heterogeneous Firms," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 94(1), pages 300-316, March.
- Luis Castro & Ben G. Li & Keith E. Maskus & Yiqing Xie, 2016.
"Fixed Export Costs and Export Behavior,"
Southern Economic Journal,
Southern Economic Association, vol. 83(1), pages 300-320, July.
- Luis Castro & Ben Li & Keith E. Maskus & Yiqing Xie, 2014. "Fixed Export Costs and Export Behavior," CESifo Working Paper Series 4697, CESifo Group Munich.
- Luis Castro & Ben Li & Keith Maskus & Yiqing Xie, 2014. "Fixed Export Costs and Export Behavior," Boston College Working Papers in Economics 855, Boston College Department of Economics.
- Konrad, Kai A, 2000. "Sabotage in Rent-Seeking Contests," Journal of Law, Economics, and Organization, Oxford University Press, vol. 16(1), pages 155-165, April.
- Blanes-Cristóbal, José Vicente & Dovis, Marion & Milgram-Baleix, Juliette & Moro-Egido, Ana I., 2008.
"Do sunk exporting costs differ among markets? Evidence from Spanish manufacturing firms,"
Elsevier, vol. 101(2), pages 110-112, November.
- José Vicente Blanes Cristóbal & Marion Dovis & Juliette Milgram Baleix & Ana I. Moro Egido, 2007. "Do sunk exporting costs differ among markets? Evidence from Spanish manufacturing firms," ThE Papers 07/02, Department of Economic Theory and Economic History of the University of Granada..
- Andrew F. Daughety & Jennifer F. Reinganum, 2008.
"Communicating quality: a unified model of disclosure and signalling,"
RAND Journal of Economics,
RAND Corporation, vol. 39(4), pages 973-989, December.
- Andrew F. Daughety & Jennifer F. Reinganum, 2007. "Communicating Quality: A Unified Model of Disclosure and Signaling," Vanderbilt University Department of Economics Working Papers 0703, Vanderbilt University Department of Economics.
- Bergès-Sennou Fabian & Waterson Michael, 2005. "Private Label Products as Experience Goods," Journal of Agricultural & Food Industrial Organization, De Gruyter, vol. 3(2), pages 1-19, December.
- Mussa, Michael & Rosen, Sherwin, 1978. "Monopoly and product quality," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 18(2), pages 301-317, August.
- Nelson, Phillip, 1970. "Information and Consumer Behavior," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 78(2), pages 311-329, March-Apr.
- Bagwell, Kyle & Staiger, Robert W., 1989.
"The role of export subsidies when product quality is unknown,"
Journal of International Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 27(1-2), pages 69-89, August.
- Kyle Bagwell & R. Staiger, 1987. "The Role of Export Subsidies When Product Quality is Unknown," Discussion Papers 758, Northwestern University, Center for Mathematical Studies in Economics and Management Science.
- Kyle Bagwell & Robert W. Staiger, 1988. "The Role Of Export Subsisies When Product Quality Is Unknown," NBER Working Papers 2584, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Elias Dinopoulos & Laixun Zhao, 2007. "Child Labor and Globalization," Journal of Labor Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 25, pages 553-579.
- Chen, Mah-Lih, 1991. "The role of R&D subsidies when incomplete information is an entry-barrier," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 31(3-4), pages 251-270, November.
- Janssen, Maarten C.W. & Roy, Santanu, 2010.
"Signaling quality through prices in an oligopoly,"
Games and Economic Behavior,
Elsevier, vol. 68(1), pages 192-207, January.
- Maarten C.W. Janssen & Santanu Roy, 2007. "Signaling Quality Through Prices in an Oligopoly," Departmental Working Papers 0709, Southern Methodist University, Department of Economics, revised Nov 2008.
- Maarten C.W. Janssen & Santanu Roy, 2007. "Signaling Quality through Prices in an Oligopoly," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 07-081/1, Tinbergen Institute.
- Shy, Oz, 2000. "Exporting as a Signal for Product Quality," Economica, London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 67(265), pages 79-90, February.
- Salop, Steven C & Scheffman, David T, 1987. "Cost-Raising Strategies," Journal of Industrial Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 36(1), pages 19-34, September.
- Baumol, William J., 1992. "Innovation and strategic sabotage as a feedback process," Japan and the World Economy, Elsevier, vol. 4(4), pages 275-290, December.
- Maskus, Keith E. & Otsuki, Tsunehiro & Wilson, John S., 2005. "The cost of compliance with product standards for firms in developing countries: an econometric study," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3590, The World Bank.
- Bureau, Jean-Christophe & Marette, Stephan & Schiavina, Alessandra, 1998. "Non-tariff Trade Barriers and Consumers' Information: The Case of the EU-US Trade Dispute over Beef," European Review of Agricultural Economics, Foundation for the European Review of Agricultural Economics, vol. 25(4), pages 437-462.
- Avinash Dixit, 1992. "Investment and Hysteresis," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 6(1), pages 107-132, Winter.
- Arnaud Costinot & Dave Donaldson & Ivana Komunjer, 2012.
"What Goods Do Countries Trade? A Quantitative Exploration of Ricardo's Ideas,"
Review of Economic Studies,
Oxford University Press, vol. 79(2), pages 581-608.
- Arnaud Costinot & Dave Donaldson & Ivana Komunjer, 2010. "What Goods Do Countries Trade? A Quantitative Exploration of Ricardo's Ideas," NBER Working Papers 16262, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
More about this item
KeywordsTainting; Errors of testing; Experience good; Asymmetric information; Sabotage; Self correction;
- F12 - International Economics - - Trade - - - Models of Trade with Imperfect Competition and Scale Economies; Fragmentation
- F13 - International Economics - - Trade - - - Trade Policy; International Trade Organizations
- I12 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Health - - - Health Behavior
- D43 - Microeconomics - - Market Structure, Pricing, and Design - - - Oligopoly and Other Forms of Market Imperfection
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jjieco:v:35:y:2015:i:c:p:99-116. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/622903 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.