Do sunk exporting costs differ among markets? Evidence from Spanish manufacturing firms
We test whether sunk exporting costs differ among markets. Our results confirm that during 1990-2002, sunk exporting costs were relevant for Spanish firms, and differed depending on the destination market. Besides, the costs to enter/re-enter were higher in developed markets.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Salvador Barrios & Holger Goerg & Eric Strobl, 2003.
"Explaining Firms' Export Behaviour: R&D, Spillovers and the Destination Market,"
Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics,
Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 65(4), pages 475-496, 09.
- BARRIOS, Salvador & GÖRG, Holger & STROBL, Eric, "undated". "Explaining firms' export behaviour: R&D, spillovers and the destination market," CORE Discussion Papers RP 1654, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Marc J. Melitz, 2003. "The Impact of Trade on Intra-Industry Reallocations and Aggregate Industry Productivity," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 71(6), pages 1695-1725, November.
- Mark J. Melitz, 2002. "The Impact of Trade on Intra-Industry Reallocations and Aggregate Industry Productivity," NBER Working Papers 8881, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Melitz, Marc J, 2002. "The Impact of Trade on Intra-Industry Reallocations and Aggregate Industry Productivity," CEPR Discussion Papers 3381, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Andrew B. Bernard & J. Bradford Jensen, 2004. "Why Some Firms Export," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 86(2), pages 561-569, May.
- J Bradford Jensen & Andrew B Bernard, 2001. "Why Some Firms Export," Working Papers 01-05, Center for Economic Studies, U.S. Census Bureau.
- Andrew B. Bernard & J. Bradford Jensen, 2001. "Why Some Firms Export," NBER Working Papers 8349, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Salvador Barrios & Holger Görg & Eric Strobl, "undated". "Explaining Firms' Export Behaviour: The Role of R&D and Spillovers," Working Papers 2001-12, FEDEA.
- repec:rus:hseeco:122439 is not listed on IDEAS
- Campa, Jose Manuel, 2004. "Exchange rates and trade: How important is hysteresis in trade?," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 48(3), pages 527-548, June.
- Campa, Jose M., 2000. "Exchange rates and trade: How important is hysteresis in trade?," IESE Research Papers D/427, IESE Business School.
- Campa, José Manuel, 2000. "Exchange Rates and Trade: How Important is Hysteresis in Trade?," CEPR Discussion Papers 2606, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Juan A. Máñez & María E. Rochina-Barrachina & Juan A. Sanchis, 2008. "Sunk Costs Hysteresis in Spanish Manufacturing Exports," Review of World Economics (Weltwirtschaftliches Archiv), Springer;Institut für Weltwirtschaft (Kiel Institute for the World Economy), vol. 144(2), pages 272-294, July.
- Juan A. Máñez & Juan A. Sanchis Llopis & María E. Rochina, 2004. "Sunk Costs Hysteresis In Spanish Manufacturing Exports," Working Papers. Serie EC 2004-17, Instituto Valenciano de Investigaciones Económicas, S.A. (Ivie).
- Roberts, Mark J & Tybout, James R, 1997. "The Decision to Export in Colombia: An Empirical Model of Entry with Sunk Costs," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 87(4), pages 545-564, September.
- José C. Fariñas & Ana Martín-Marcos, 2007. "Exporting and Economic Performance: Firm-level Evidence of Spanish Manufacturing," The World Economy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 30(4), pages 618-646, 04.
- Trefler, Daniel, 1995. "The Case of the Missing Trade and Other Mysteries," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 85(5), pages 1029-1046, December. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)