Effects of the CFA franc devaluation on urban food consumption in West Africa: overview and cross-country comparisons
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Diagana, Bocar & Reardon, Thomas, 1999. "Household consumption responses to the franc CFA devaluation: evidence from urban Senegal," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 24(5), pages 495-515, October.
- Tabi, James & Howard, Wayne H. & Phillips, Truman, 1991. "Urbanization and food imports in sub-Saharan Africa," Agricultural Economics of Agricultural Economists, International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 6(2), December.
- Reardon, Thomas & Kelly, Valerie & Crawford, Eric & Diagana, Bocar & Dione, Josue & Savadogo, Kimseyinga & Boughton, Duncan, 1997. "Promoting sustainable intensification and productivity growth in Sahel agriculture after macroeconomic policy reform," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 22(4), pages 317-327, August.
- Tabi, James & Howard, Wayne H. & Phillips, Truman, 1991. "Urbanization and food imports in sub-Saharan Africa," Agricultural Economics, Blackwell, vol. 6(2), pages 177-183, December.
- Pearce, Richard, 1990. "Traditional food crops in sub-Saharan Africa : Potential and constraints," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 15(5), pages 374-382, October.
- Savadogo, Kimseyinga & Kazianga, Harounan, 1999. "Substitution between domestic and imported food in urban consumption in Burkina Faso:: assessing the impact of devaluation1," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 24(5), pages 535-551, October.
- Delgado, Christopher L. & Miller, Cornelia P. J., 1985. "Changing food patterns in West Africa : Implications for policy research," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 10(1), pages 63-74, February.
- Rogers, Beatrice Lorge & Lowdermilk, Melanee, 1991. "Price policy and food consumption in urban Mali," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 16(6), pages 461-473, December.
- Reardon, Thomas, 1993. "Cereals demand in the Sahel and potential impacts of regional cereals protection," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 21(1), pages 17-35, January.
- Mellor, John W. & Lele, Uma J., 1973. "Growth Linkages of the New Foodgrain Technologies," Indian Journal of Agricultural Economics, Indian Society of Agricultural Economics, vol. 28(1).
- Yade, Mbaye & Chohin-Kuper, Anne & Kelly, Valerie A. & Staatz, John M. & Tefft, James F., 1999. "The Role Of Regional Trade In Agricultural Transformation: The Case Of West Africa Following The Devaluation Of The Cfa Franc," Staff Papers 11621, Michigan State University, Department of Agricultural, Food, and Resource Economics.
- Singare, Kassim & Reardon, Thomas & Camara, Youssouf & Wanzala, Mariah & Teme, Bino & Sanogo, Ousmane, 1999. "Household consumption responses to the franc CFA devaluation: evidence from urban Mali," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 24(5), pages 517-534, October.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Seck, Papa A. & Tollens, Eric & Wopereis, Marco C.S. & Diagne, Aliou & Bamba, Ibrahim, 2010. "Rising trends and variability of rice prices: Threats and opportunities for sub-Saharan Africa," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(5), pages 403-411, October.
- D'Souza, Anna & Jolliffe, Dean, 2011.
"Food Security and Wheat Prices in Afghanistan: A Distribution-sensitive Analysis of Household-level Impacts,"
2011 Annual Meeting, July 24-26, 2011, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
103443, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- D'Souza, Anna & Jolliffe, Dean, 2012. "Food Security and Wheat Prices in Afghanistan: A Distribution-Sensitive Analysis of Household-Level Impacts," IZA Discussion Papers 6481, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- D'Souza, Anna & Jolliffe, Dean, 2012. "Food security and wheat prices in Afghanistan : a distribution-sensitive analysis of household-level impacts," Policy Research Working Paper Series 6024, The World Bank.
- Coulibaly, Jeanne Y., 2013. "Do Source and Quality matter in the Demand for Imported Rice in Côte d’Ivoire?," 2013 AAAE Fourth International Conference, September 22-25, 2013, Hammamet, Tunisia 161266, African Association of Agricultural Economists (AAAE).
- Ralitza Dimova & Ira N. Gang & Monnet B.P. Gbakou & Daniel Hoffman, 2014.
"The Impact of Food and Economic Crises on Diet and Nutrition,"
Journal of Development Studies,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 50(12), pages 1687-1699, December.
- Ralitza Dimova & Ira N. Gang & Monnet B. P. Gbakou & Daniel Hoffman, 2012. "The impact of food and economic crises on diet and nutrition," Brooks World Poverty Institute Working Paper Series 17512, BWPI, The University of Manchester.
- Isabel Günther & Mohamed Ali Marouani & Marc Raffinot, 2006. "La croissance est-elle pro-pauvres au Mali ?," Working Papers DT/2006/15, DIAL (Développement, Institutions et Mondialisation).
- Me-Nsope, Nathalie M. & Staatz, John M., 2015. "Changes in Per Capita Food Availability in West Africa: Implications for Agricultural Market Development," Food Security Collaborative Policy Briefs 212910, Michigan State University, Department of Agricultural, Food, and Resource Economics.
- Demont, Matty & Rutsaert, Pieter & Ndour, Maimouna & Verbeke, Wim, 2013. "Reversing Urban Bias in African Rice Markets: Evidence from Senegal," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 45(C), pages 63-74.
- Hoffmann, Irene & Bernhard, Judith, 2007. "Meat marketing in Burkina Faso after the devaluation of the FCFA: Insights into the functioning of informal market systems," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 32(2), pages 229-245, April.
- Wise, Victoria & Tefft, James F. & Kelly, Valerie A. & Staatz, John M., 2003. "Connaissances, Attitudes et Pratiques en Matiere de Soin et d'Alimentation de l'Enfant: Resultatspreliminaires du Projet sur les Liens Entre la Nutrition Infantile et la Croissance Agricole (LICNAG)," Food Security International Development Policy Syntheses 11439, Michigan State University, Department of Agricultural, Food, and Resource Economics.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jfpoli:v:24:y:1999:i:5:p:465-478. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/foodpol .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.