Food Security and Wheat Prices in Afghanistan: A Distribution-Sensitive Analysis of Household-Level Impacts
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- D'Souza, Anna & Jolliffe, Dean, 2011. "Food Security and Wheat Prices in Afghanistan: A Distribution-sensitive Analysis of Household-level Impacts," 2011 Annual Meeting, July 24-26, 2011, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 103443, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- D'Souza,Anna & Jolliffe,Dean Mitchell & D'Souza,Anna & Jolliffe,Dean Mitchell, 2012. "Food security and wheat prices in Afghanistan : a distribution-sensitive analysis of household-level impacts," Policy Research Working Paper Series 6024, The World Bank.
References listed on IDEAS
- Anna D'Souza & Dean Jolliffe, 2012.
"Rising Food Prices and Coping Strategies: Household-level Evidence from Afghanistan,"
Journal of Development Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 48(2), pages 282-299, August.
- D'Souza, Anna & Jolliffe, Dean, 2010. "Rising food prices and coping strategies : household-level evidence from Afghanistan," Policy Research Working Paper Series 5466, The World Bank.
- Chabot, Philippe & Dorosh, Paul A., 2007. "Wheat markets, food aid and food security in Afghanistan," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 32(3), pages 334-353, June.
- D'Souza, Anna & Jolliffe, Dean, 2010.
"Rising food prices and coping strategies : household-level evidence from Afghanistan,"
Policy Research Working Paper Series
5466, The World Bank.
- D'Souza, Anna & Jolliffe, Dean, 2010. "Food Security in Afghanistan: Household-level Evidence from the 2007-08 Food Price Crisis," 2010 Annual Meeting, July 25-27, 2010, Denver, Colorado 61139, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Diagana, Bocar & Akindes, Francis & Savadogo, Kimseyinga & Reardon, Thomas & Staatz, John, 1999. "Effects of the CFA franc devaluation on urban food consumption in West Africa: overview and cross-country comparisons," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 24(5), pages 465-478, October.
- Deaton, Angus, 1989. "Rice Prices and Income Distribution in Thailand: A Non-parametric Analysis," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 99(395), pages 1-37, Supplemen.
- Nguyen, Binh T. & Albrecht, James W. & Vroman, Susan B. & Westbrook, M. Daniel, 2007.
"A quantile regression decomposition of urban-rural inequality in Vietnam,"
Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 83(2), pages 466-490, July.
- Binh Nguyen & James Albrecht & Susan Vroman & Daniel Westbrook, 2003. "A Quantile Regression Decomposition of Urban-Rural Inequality in Vietnam," Working Papers gueconwpa~03-03-31, Georgetown University, Department of Economics.
- Koenker, Roger & Bassett, Gilbert, Jr, 1982. "Robust Tests for Heteroscedasticity Based on Regression Quantiles," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 50(1), pages 43-61, January.
- Robert T. Jensen & Nolan H. Miller, 2008. "The impact of food price increases on caloric intake in China," Agricultural Economics, International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 39(s1), pages 465-476, November.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- World Bank Group, 2017. "Republic of Malawi Poverty Assessment," World Bank Other Operational Studies 26488, The World Bank.
- Atilla Ahmet UĞUR & Demet ÖZOCAKLI, 2018. "Gıda Güvencesizliğinin Bazı Belirleyicileri (Kantil Regresyon Yöntemi ve Sabit Etki Panel Yönteminin Karşılaştırılması)," Sosyoekonomi Journal, Sosyoekonomi Society, issue 26(35).
More about this item
KeywordsAfghanistan; food prices; wheat; food security; nutrition; poverty; quantile regression; influence functions;
- D12 - Microeconomics - - Household Behavior - - - Consumer Economics: Empirical Analysis
- I3 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Welfare, Well-Being, and Poverty
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AGR-2012-04-23 (Agricultural Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:iza:izadps:dp6481. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Holger Hinte). General contact details of provider: http://www.iza.org .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.