Food Security and Wheat Prices in Afghanistan: A Distribution-sensitive Analysis of Household-level Impacts
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- D'Souza, Anna & Jolliffe, Dean, 2012. "Food Security and Wheat Prices in Afghanistan: A Distribution-Sensitive Analysis of Household-Level Impacts," IZA Discussion Papers 6481, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- D'Souza, Anna & Jolliffe, Dean, 2012. "Food security and wheat prices in Afghanistan : a distribution-sensitive analysis of household-level impacts," Policy Research Working Paper Series 6024, The World Bank.
References listed on IDEAS
- Nguyen, Binh T. & Albrecht, James W. & Vroman, Susan B. & Westbrook, M. Daniel, 2007.
"A quantile regression decomposition of urban-rural inequality in Vietnam,"
Journal of Development Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 83(2), pages 466-490, July.
- Binh Nguyen & James Albrecht & Susan Vroman & Daniel Westbrook, 2003. "A Quantile Regression Decomposition of Urban-Rural Inequality in Vietnam," Working Papers gueconwpa~03-03-31, Georgetown University, Department of Economics.
- Anna D'Souza & Dean Jolliffe, 2012.
"Rising Food Prices and Coping Strategies: Household-level Evidence from Afghanistan,"
Journal of Development Studies,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 48(2), pages 282-299, August.
- D'Souza, Anna & Jolliffe, Dean, 2010. "Rising food prices and coping strategies : household-level evidence from Afghanistan," Policy Research Working Paper Series 5466, The World Bank.
- Robert T. Jensen & Nolan H. Miller, 2008. "The impact of food price increases on caloric intake in China," Agricultural Economics, International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 39(s1), pages 465-476, November.
- D'Souza, Anna & Jolliffe, Dean, 2010.
"Rising food prices and coping strategies : household-level evidence from Afghanistan,"
Policy Research Working Paper Series
5466, The World Bank.
- D'Souza, Anna & Jolliffe, Dean, 2010. "Food Security in Afghanistan: Household-level Evidence from the 2007-08 Food Price Crisis," 2010 Annual Meeting, July 25-27, 2010, Denver, Colorado 61139, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Chabot, Philippe & Dorosh, Paul A., 2007. "Wheat markets, food aid and food security in Afghanistan," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 32(3), pages 334-353, June.
- Koenker, Roger & Bassett, Gilbert, Jr, 1982. "Robust Tests for Heteroscedasticity Based on Regression Quantiles," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 50(1), pages 43-61, January.
- Diagana, Bocar & Akindes, Francis & Savadogo, Kimseyinga & Reardon, Thomas & Staatz, John, 1999. "Effects of the CFA franc devaluation on urban food consumption in West Africa: overview and cross-country comparisons," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 24(5), pages 465-478, October.
- Deaton, Angus, 1989. "Rice Prices and Income Distribution in Thailand: A Non-parametric Analysis," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 99(395), pages 1-37, Supplemen.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
More about this item
KeywordsAfghanistan; food prices; wheat; food security; nutrition; poverty; quantile regression; influence functions; Consumer/Household Economics; Food Consumption/Nutrition/Food Safety; Food Security and Poverty; D12; I3;
- D12 - Microeconomics - - Household Behavior - - - Consumer Economics: Empirical Analysis
- I3 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Welfare, Well-Being, and Poverty
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:aaea11:103443. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/aaeaaea.html .