Wheat Consumption in Sub-Saharan Africa: Trends, Drivers, and Policy Implications
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Berhane, Guush & Paulos, Zelekawork & Tafere, Kibrom & Tamru, Seneshaw, 2011. "Foodgrain consumption and calorie intake patterns in Ethiopia:," ESSP working papers 23, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Boughton, Duncan & Reardon, Thomas, 1997. "Will promotion of coarse grain processing turn the tide for traditional cereals in the Sahel? Recent empirical evidence from Mali," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 22(4), pages 307-316, August.
- Byerlee, Derek, 1987. "The Political Economy of Third World Food Imports: The Case of Wheat," Economic Development and Cultural Change, University of Chicago Press, vol. 35(2), pages 307-328, January.
- Jonathan M. Nzuma & Rakhal Sarker, 2010. "An error corrected almost ideal demand system for major cereals in Kenya," Agricultural Economics, International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 41(1), pages 43-50, January.
- Jayne, Thomas S. & Mason, Nicole M. & Myers, Robert J. & Ferris, John N. & Mather, David & Sitko, Nicholas & Beaver, Margaret & Lenski, Natalie & Chapoto, Antony & Boughton, Duncan, 2010. "Patterns and Trends in Food Staples Markets in Eastern and Southern Africa: Toward the Identification of Priority Investments and Strategies for Developing Markets and Promoting Smallholder Productivi," Food Security International Development Working Papers 62148, Michigan State University, Department of Agricultural, Food, and Resource Economics.
- Mason, Nicole M. & Jayne, Thomas S. & Donovan, Cynthia & Chapoto, Antony, 2009. "Are Staple Foods Becoming More Expensive For Urban Consumers In Eastern And Southern Africa? Trends in Food Prices, Marketing Margins, and Wage Rates in Kenya, Malawi, Mozambique, and Zambia," Food Security International Development Working Papers 53451, Michigan State University, Department of Agricultural, Food, and Resource Economics.
- Ben Senauer & David Sahn & Harold Alderman, 1986. "The Effect of the Value of Time on Food Consumption Patterns in Developing Countries: Evidence from Sri Lanka," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 68(4), pages 920-927.
- Mason, Nicole M. & Jayne, T.S. & Chapoto, Antony & Donovan, Cynthia, 2011. "Putting the 2007/2008 global food crisis in longer-term perspective: Trends in staple food affordability in urban Zambia and Kenya," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 36(3), pages 350-367, June.
More about this item
KeywordsAgricultural and Food Policy; Demand and Price Analysis; Food Consumption/Nutrition/Food Safety; International Development; International Relations/Trade; Marketing;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AFR-2013-04-20 (Africa)
- NEP-AGR-2013-04-20 (Agricultural Economics)
- NEP-ALL-2013-04-20 (All new papers)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:midiwp:146936. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/damsuus.html .