Mixed equilibria are unstable in games of strategic complements
In games with strict strategic complementarities, properly mixed Nash equilibria - equilibria that are not in pure strategies - are unstable for broad class of learning dynamics.
(This abstract was borrowed from another version of this item.)
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Drew Fudenberg & David K. Levine, 1996.
"The Theory of Learning in Games,"
Levine's Working Paper Archive
624, David K. Levine.
- Vives, X., 1988.
"Nash Equilibrium With Strategic Complementarities,"
UFAE and IAE Working Papers
107-88, Unitat de Fonaments de l'Anàlisi Econòmica (UAB) and Institut d'Anàlisi Econòmica (CSIC).
- Y. Kanivokski & P. Young, 2010. "Learning Dynamics in Games with Stochastic Perturbations," Levine's Working Paper Archive 476, David K. Levine.
- Martin J. Osborne & Ariel Rubinstein, 1994.
"A Course in Game Theory,"
MIT Press Books,
The MIT Press,
edition 1, volume 1, number 0262650401, June.
- Jean Tirole, 1988. "The Theory of Industrial Organization," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 0262200716, June.
- Federico Echenique & Aaron Edlin, 2001.
"Mixed Equilibria in Games of Strategic Complements are Unstable,"
Levine's Working Paper Archive
563824000000000161, David K. Levine.
- Echenique, Federico & Edlin, Aaron S., 2002. "Mixed Equilibria in Games of Strategic Complements Are Unstable," Department of Economics, Working Paper Series qt26r9r912, Department of Economics, Institute for Business and Economic Research, UC Berkeley.
- Echenique, Federico & Edlin, Aaron S., 2002. "Mixed Equilibria in Games of Strategic Complements Are Unstable," Competition Policy Center, Working Paper Series qt2b85c93d, Competition Policy Center, Institute for Business and Economic Research, UC Berkeley.
- Federico Echenique & Aaron Edlin, 2003. "Mixed Equilibria in Games of Strategic Complements Are Unstable," Game Theory and Information 0303003, EconWPA.
- Echenique, Federico & Edlin, Aaron, 2002. "Mixed Equilibria in Games of Strategic Complements Are Unstable," Department of Economics, Working Paper Series qt1gr638d8, Department of Economics, Institute for Business and Economic Research, UC Berkeley.
- Hopenhayn, Hugo A & Prescott, Edward C, 1992. "Stochastic Monotonicity and Stationary Distributions for Dynamic Economies," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 60(6), pages 1387-406, November.
- Crawford, Vincent P., 1985. "Learning behavior and mixed-strategy Nash equilibria," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 6(1), pages 69-78, March.
- Paul R. Milgrom, 1981.
"Good News and Bad News: Representation Theorems and Applications,"
Bell Journal of Economics,
The RAND Corporation, vol. 12(2), pages 380-391, Autumn.
- Paul R. Milgrom, 1979. "Good Nevs and Bad News: Representation Theorems and Applications," Discussion Papers 407R, Northwestern University, Center for Mathematical Studies in Economics and Management Science.
- Milgrom, P. & Shannon, C., 1991.
"Monotone Comparative Statics,"
11, Stanford - Institute for Thoretical Economics.
- Drew Fudenberg & Jean Tirole, 1991. "Game Theory," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 0262061414, June.
- Benaim, Michel & Hirsch, Morris W., 1999. "Mixed Equilibria and Dynamical Systems Arising from Fictitious Play in Perturbed Games," Games and Economic Behavior, Elsevier, vol. 29(1-2), pages 36-72, October.
- Kaniovski Yuri M. & Young H. Peyton, 1995. "Learning Dynamics in Games with Stochastic Perturbations," Games and Economic Behavior, Elsevier, vol. 11(2), pages 330-363, November.
- Fudenberg, D. & Kreps, D.M., 1992.
"Learning Mixed Equilibria,"
92-13, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Department of Economics.
- Crawford, Vincent P, 1974. "Learning the Optimal Strategy in a Zero-Sum Game," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 42(5), pages 885-91, September.
- Glenn Ellison & Drew Fudenberg, 1998.
"Learning Purified Mixed Equilibria,"
Harvard Institute of Economic Research Working Papers
1817, Harvard - Institute of Economic Research.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jetheo:v:118:y:2004:i:1:p:61-79. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.