On Knots and Dynamics in Games
We extend Kohlberg and Mertens' (1986) structure theorem concerning the Nash equilibrium correspondence to show that its graph is not only homomorphic to the underlying space of games but that it is also unknotted. This is then shown to have some basic consequences for dynamics whose rest points are Nash equilibria.
To our knowledge, this item is not available for
download. To find whether it is available, there are three
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
|Date of creation:||2000|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Israel TEL-AVIV UNIVERSITY, THE FOERDER INSTITUTE FOR ECONOMIC RESEARCH, RAMAT AVIV 69 978 TEL AVIV ISRAEL.|
Web page: http://econ.tau.ac.il/foerder/about
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Mertens, J.-F., 1988. "Stable equilibria - a reformulation," CORE Discussion Papers 1988038, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Hopkins, Ed, 1999.
"A Note on Best Response Dynamics,"
Games and Economic Behavior,
Elsevier, vol. 29(1-2), pages 138-150, October.
- Ritzberger, Klaus & Weibull, Jorgen W, 1995.
"Evolutionary Selection in Normal-Form Games,"
Econometric Society, vol. 63(6), pages 1371-99, November.
- Oechssler, Jorg, 1997.
"An Evolutionary Interpretation of Mixed-Strategy Equilibria,"
Games and Economic Behavior,
Elsevier, vol. 21(1-2), pages 203-237, October.
- Joerg Oechssler, 1994. "An Evolutionary Interpretation Of Mixed-Strategy Equilibria," Game Theory and Information 9404001, EconWPA.
- Samuelson, Larry & Zhang, Jianbo, 1992. "Evolutionary stability in asymmetric games," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 57(2), pages 363-391, August.
- DeMichelis, Stefano & Germano, Fabrizio, 2000.
"On the Indices of Zeros of Nash Fields,"
Journal of Economic Theory,
Elsevier, vol. 94(2), pages 192-217, October.
- DEMICHELIS, Stefano & GERMANO, Fabrizio, . "On the indices of zeros of Nash fields," CORE Discussion Papers RP 1531, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- DE MICHELIS, Stefano & GERMANO, Fabrizio, 2000. "On the indices of zeros of nash fields," CORE Discussion Papers 2000017, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Kohlberg, Elon & Mertens, Jean-Francois, 1986.
"On the Strategic Stability of Equilibria,"
Econometric Society, vol. 54(5), pages 1003-37, September.
- KOHLBERG, Elon & MERTENS, Jean-François, . "On the strategic stability of equilibria," CORE Discussion Papers RP 716, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- E. Kohlberg & J.-F. Mertens, 1998. "On the Strategic Stability of Equilibria," Levine's Working Paper Archive 445, David K. Levine.
- Fudenberg, D. & Kreps, D.M., 1992.
"Learning Mixed Equilibria,"
92-13, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Department of Economics.
- Robert Wilson & Srihari Govindan, 1997. "Uniqueness of the index for Nash equilibria of two-player games," Economic Theory, Springer;Society for the Advancement of Economic Theory (SAET), vol. 10(3), pages 541-549.
- (ed.), 1992. "Index," Books, Edward Elgar Publishing, number 1241, 8.
- Samuelson, L. & Zhang, J., 1990.
"Evolutionary Stability In Symmetric Games,"
90-24, Wisconsin Madison - Social Systems.
- Kaniovski Yuri M. & Young H. Peyton, 1995. "Learning Dynamics in Games with Stochastic Perturbations," Games and Economic Behavior, Elsevier, vol. 11(2), pages 330-363, November.
- Ritzberger, Klaus, 1994. "The Theory of Normal Form Games form the Differentiable Viewpoint," International Journal of Game Theory, Springer;Game Theory Society, vol. 23(3), pages 207-36.
- Benaim, Michel & Hirsch, Morris W., 1999. "Mixed Equilibria and Dynamical Systems Arising from Fictitious Play in Perturbed Games," Games and Economic Behavior, Elsevier, vol. 29(1-2), pages 36-72, October.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:fth:teavfo:2-2000. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Thomas Krichel)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.