Decision making and planning under low levels of predictability
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Makridakis, Spyros & Hibon, Michele, 2000. "The M3-Competition: results, conclusions and implications," International Journal of Forecasting, Elsevier, pages 451-476.
- Goldstein, Daniel G. & Gigerenzer, Gerd, 2009. "Fast and frugal forecasting," International Journal of Forecasting, Elsevier, pages 760-772.
- Orrell, David & McSharry, Patrick, 2009. "System economics: Overcoming the pitfalls of forecasting models via a multidisciplinary approach," International Journal of Forecasting, Elsevier, pages 734-743.
- Benoit Mandelbrot, 2015. "The Variation of Certain Speculative Prices," World Scientific Book Chapters,in: THE WORLD SCIENTIFIC HANDBOOK OF FUTURES MARKETS, chapter 3, pages 39-78 World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd..
- Wright, George & Goodwin, Paul, 2009. "Decision making and planning under low levels of predictability: Enhancing the scenario method," International Journal of Forecasting, Elsevier, pages 813-825.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Derbyshire, James & Wright, George, 2017. "Augmenting the intuitive logics scenario planning method for a more comprehensive analysis of causation," International Journal of Forecasting, Elsevier, pages 254-266.
- repec:spr:reaccs:v:22:y:2017:i:3:d:10.1007_s11142-017-9396-0 is not listed on IDEAS
- Estrada, Fernando, 2011. "Theory of financial risk," MPRA Paper 29665, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- repec:eee:reensy:v:137:y:2015:i:c:p:18-28 is not listed on IDEAS
- Estrada, Fernando, 2009.
"Tamaño y Riesgo en los Mercados Financieros
[Size and Risk in the Finanzal Markets]," MPRA Paper 19267, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Jan Anne Annema & Hugo Priemus, 2013. "Mega-projects: new challenges to cope with climate change and energy transition," Chapters,in: International Handbook on Mega-Projects, chapter 18, pages 398-417 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Miller, Craig & Newell, Barry, 2013. "Framing integrated research to address a dynamically complex issue: The red headed cockchafer challenge," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, pages 13-18.
- Schumacher Christian, 2011.
"Forecasting with Factor Models Estimated on Large Datasets: A Review of the Recent Literature and Evidence for German GDP,"
Journal of Economics and Statistics (Jahrbuecher fuer Nationaloekonomie und Statistik),
De Gruyter, pages 28-49.
- Döhrn, Roland & Schmidt, Christoph M., 2010. "Information or Institution? – On the Determinants of Forecast Accuracy," Ruhr Economic Papers 201, RWI - Leibniz-Institut für Wirtschaftsforschung, Ruhr-University Bochum, TU Dortmund University, University of Duisburg-Essen.
- Ludovic Gaudard & Franco Romerio, 2015. "Natural hazard risk in the case of an emergency: the real options’ approach," Natural Hazards: Journal of the International Society for the Prevention and Mitigation of Natural Hazards, Springer;International Society for the Prevention and Mitigation of Natural Hazards, pages 473-488.
More about this item
KeywordsForecasting Accuracy Uncertainty Low level predictability Non-normal forecasting errors Judgmental predictions;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:intfor:v:25:y:2009:i:4:p:716-733. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/ijforecast .