Fuel demand on UK roads and dieselisation of fuel economy
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Mogens Fosgerau, 2005. "Speed and Income," Journal of Transport Economics and Policy, University of Bath, vol. 39(2), pages 225-240, May.
- N/A, 2006. "The UK Economy," National Institute Economic Review, National Institute of Economic and Social Research, vol. 196(1), pages 40-59, April.
- Schipper, Lee & Tax, Wienke, 1994. "New car test and actual fuel economy: yet another gap?," Transport Policy, Elsevier, vol. 1(4), pages 257-265, October.
- Alan Greenspan & Darrel Cohen, 1999.
"Motor Vehicle Stocks, Scrappage, And Sales,"
The Review of Economics and Statistics,
MIT Press, vol. 81(3), pages 369-383, August.
- Alan Greenspan & Darrel Cohen, "undated". "Motor Vehicle Stocks, Scrappage, and Sales," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 1996-40, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Alan Greenspan & Darrel Cohen, 1996. "Motor vehicle stocks, scrappage, and sales," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 96-40, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Kenneth A. Small & Kurt Van Dender, 2007.
"Fuel Efficiency and Motor Vehicle Travel: The Declining Rebound Effect,"
The Energy Journal,
International Association for Energy Economics, vol. 0(Number 1), pages 25-52.
- Kenneth A. Small & Kurt Van Dender, 2006. "Fuel Efficiency and Motor Vehicle Travel: The Declining Rebound Effect," Working Papers 050603, University of California-Irvine, Department of Economics.
- David L. Greene, 1990. "CAFE OR PRICE?: An Analysis of the Effects of Federal Fuel Economy Regulations and Gasoline Price on New Car MPG, 1978-89," The Energy Journal, International Association for Energy Economics, vol. 0(Number 3), pages 37-58.
- Brons, Martijn & Nijkamp, Peter & Pels, Eric & Rietveld, Piet, 2008. "A meta-analysis of the price elasticity of gasoline demand. A SUR approach," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 30(5), pages 2105-2122, September.
- Engle, Robert & Granger, Clive, 2015.
"Co-integration and error correction: Representation, estimation, and testing,"
Publishing House "SINERGIA PRESS", vol. 39(3), pages 106-135.
- Engle, Robert F & Granger, Clive W J, 1987. "Co-integration and Error Correction: Representation, Estimation, and Testing," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 55(2), pages 251-276, March.
- Eltony, M. N. & Al-Mutairi, N. H., 1995. "Demand for gasoline in Kuwait : An empirical analysis using cointegration techniques," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 17(3), pages 249-253, July.
- Bentzen, Jan, 1994. "An empirical analysis of gasoline demand in Denmark using cointegration techniques," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 16(2), pages 139-143, April.
- Sweeney, James L., 1979. "Effects of Federal policies on gasoline consumption," Resources and Energy, Elsevier, vol. 2(1), pages 3-26, September.
- Dickey, David A & Fuller, Wayne A, 1981. "Likelihood Ratio Statistics for Autoregressive Time Series with a Unit Root," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 49(4), pages 1057-1072, June.
- Alogoskoufis, George & Smith, Ron, 1991. " On Error Correction Models: Specification, Interpretation, Estimation," Journal of Economic Surveys, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 5(1), pages 97-128.
- Dermot Gately, 1990. "The U.S. Demand for Highway Travel and Motor Fuel," The Energy Journal, International Association for Energy Economics, vol. 0(Number 3), pages 59-74.
- Ramanathan, R., 1999. "Short- and long-run elasticities of gasoline demand in India: An empirical analysis using cointegration techniques," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 21(4), pages 321-330, August.
- Masih, Abul M. M. & Masih, Rumi, 1997. "On the temporal causal relationship between energy consumption, real income, and prices: Some new evidence from Asian-energy dependent NICs Based on a multivariate cointegration/vector error-correctio," Journal of Policy Modeling, Elsevier, vol. 19(4), pages 417-440, August.
- Baltagi, Badi H. & Griffin, James M., 1983. "Gasoline demand in the OECD : An application of pooling and testing procedures," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 22(2), pages 117-137, July.
- Atkinson, Scott E & Halvorsen, Robert, 1984. "A New Hedonic Technique for Estimating Attribute Demand: An Application to the Demand for Automobile Fuel Efficiency," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 66(3), pages 417-426, August.
- Rice, Phillip & Frater, Philip, 1989. "The demand for petrol with explicit new car fuel efficiency effects : A UK study 1977-1986," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 11(2), pages 95-104, April.
- Samimi, Rodney, 1995. "Road transport energy demand in Australia: A cointegration approach," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 17(4), pages 329-339, October.
- Robert Witt, 1997. "The demand for car fuel efficiency: some evidence for the UK," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 29(9), pages 1249-1254.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Lovelace, R. & Beck, S.B.M. & Watson, M. & Wild, A., 2011. "Assessing the energy implications of replacing car trips with bicycle trips in Sheffield, UK," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 39(4), pages 2075-2087, April.
- Goerlich, Roland & Wirl, Franz, 2012. "Interdependencies between transport fuel demand, efficiency and quality: An application to Austria," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 41(C), pages 47-58.
- Siti Indati Mustapa & Hussain Ali Bekhet, 2015. "Investigating Factors Affecting CO2 Emissions in Malaysian Road Transport Sector," International Journal of Energy Economics and Policy, Econjournals, vol. 5(4), pages 1073-1083.
- González, Rosa Marina & Marrero, Gustavo A., 2012. "The effect of dieselization in passenger cars emissions for Spanish regions: 1998–2006," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 51(C), pages 213-222.
- Mattila, Tuomas & Antikainen, Riina, 2011. "Backcasting sustainable freight transport systems for Europe in 2050," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 39(3), pages 1241-1248, March.
- repec:eee:transa:v:106:y:2017:i:c:p:22-50 is not listed on IDEAS
- de Freitas, Luciano Charlita & Kaneko, Shinji, 2011. "Ethanol demand in Brazil: Regional approach," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 39(5), pages 2289-2298, May.
- Tovar, Miguel A., 2011. "An integral evaluation of dieselisation policies for households' cars," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 39(9), pages 5228-5242, September.
- Gallo, Mariano, 2011. "A fuel surcharge policy for reducing road traffic greenhouse gas emissions," Transport Policy, Elsevier, vol. 18(2), pages 413-424, March.
- Schipper, Lee & Fulton, Lew, 2013. "Dazzled by diesel? The impact on carbon dioxide emissions of the shift to diesels in Europe through 2009," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 54(C), pages 3-10.
- Schipper, Lee, 2011. "Automobile use, fuel economy and CO2 emissions in industrialized countries: Encouraging trends through 2008?," Transport Policy, Elsevier, vol. 18(2), pages 358-372, March.
- Kloess, Maximilian & Müller, Andreas, 2011. "Simulating the impact of policy, energy prices and technological progress on the passenger car fleet in Austria--A model based analysis 2010-2050," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 39(9), pages 5045-5062, September.
- Wadud, Zia, 2016. "Diesel demand in the road freight sector in the UK: Estimates for different vehicle types," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 165(C), pages 849-857.
- Barla, Philippe & Gilbert-Gonthier, Mathieu & Kuelah, Jean-René Tagne, 2014. "The demand for road diesel in Canada," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 43(C), pages 316-322.
- Gass, V. & Schmidt, J. & Schmid, E., 2014. "Analysis of alternative policy instruments to promote electric vehicles in Austria," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 61(C), pages 96-101.
- Mahlia, T.M.I. & Tohno, S. & Tezuka, T., 2012. "History and current status of the motor vehicle energy labeling and its implementation possibilities in Malaysia," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 16(4), pages 1828-1844.
- Wadud, Zia, 2014. "New vehicle fuel economy in the UK: Impact of the recession and recent policies," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 74(C), pages 215-223.
More about this item
KeywordsFuel demand Diesel fuel economy Car diesel sales;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:enepol:v:37:y:2009:i:10:p:3769-3778. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/enpol .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.