Ethanol demand under the flex-fuel technology regime in Brazil
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Engle, Robert & Granger, Clive, 2015.
"Co-integration and error correction: Representation, estimation, and testing,"
Publishing House "SINERGIA PRESS", vol. 39(3), pages 106-135.
- Engle, Robert F & Granger, Clive W J, 1987. "Co-integration and Error Correction: Representation, Estimation, and Testing," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 55(2), pages 251-276, March.
- Michael K. Berkowitz & Nancy Gallini & Eric Miller & Rob Wolfe, 1990. "Disaggregate Analysis of the Demand for Gasoline," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 23(2), pages 253-275, May.
- Bentzen, Jan & Engsted, Tom, 2001.
"A revival of the autoregressive distributed lag model in estimating energy demand relationships,"
Elsevier, vol. 26(1), pages 45-55.
- Bentzen, J. & Engsted, T., 1999. "A Revival of the Autoregressive Distributed Lag Model in Estimating Energy Demand Relationships," Papers 99-7, Aarhus School of Business - Department of Economics.
- Bentzen, Jan, 1994. "An empirical analysis of gasoline demand in Denmark using cointegration techniques," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 16(2), pages 139-143, April.
- Baltagi, Badi H. & Griffin, James M., 1983. "Gasoline demand in the OECD : An application of pooling and testing procedures," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 22(2), pages 117-137, July.
- Pacini, Henrique & Silveira, Semida, 2011. "Consumer choice between ethanol and gasoline: Lessons from Brazil and Sweden," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 39(11), pages 6936-6942.
- Parikh, Jyoti & Purohit, Pallav & Maitra, Pallavi, 2007. "Demand projections of petroleum products and natural gas in India," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 32(10), pages 1825-1837.
- Espey, Molly, 1996. "Watching the fuel gauge: An international model of automobile fuel economy," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 18(1-2), pages 93-106, April.
- Dahl, Carol & Sterner, Thomas, 1991. "Analysing gasoline demand elasticities: a survey," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 13(3), pages 203-210, July.
- M. Hashem Pesaran & Yongcheol Shin & Richard J. Smith, 2001. "Bounds testing approaches to the analysis of level relationships," Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 16(3), pages 289-326.
- Granger, C. W. J., 1981. "Some properties of time series data and their use in econometric model specification," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 16(1), pages 121-130, May.
- David Bonilla & Timothy Foxon, 2009. "Demand for New Car Fuel Economy in the UK, 1970-2005," Journal of Transport Economics and Policy, University of Bath, vol. 43(1), pages 55-83, January.
- Iootty, Mariana & Pinto Jr., Helder & Ebeling, Francisco, 2009. "Automotive fuel consumption in Brazil: Applying static and dynamic systems of demand equations," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 37(12), pages 5326-5333, December.
- Alves, Denisard C. O. & De Losso da Silveira Bueno, Rodrigo, 2003. "Short-run, long-run and cross elasticities of gasoline demand in Brazil," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 25(2), pages 191-199, March.
- Samimi, Rodney, 1995. "Road transport energy demand in Australia: A cointegration approach," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 17(4), pages 329-339, October.
- Ghosh, Sajal, 2010. "High speed diesel consumption and economic growth in India," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 35(4), pages 1794-1798.
- Iwayemi, Akin & Adenikinju, Adeola & Babatunde, M. Adetunji, 2010. "Estimating petroleum products demand elasticities in Nigeria: A multivariate cointegration approach," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 32(1), pages 73-85, January.
- Park, Sung Y. & Zhao, Guochang, 2010. "An estimation of U.S. gasoline demand: A smooth time-varying cointegration approach," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 32(1), pages 110-120, January.
- Ferreira, Alex Luiz & de Almeida Prado, Fernando Pigeard & da Silveira, Jaylson Jair, 2009. "Flex cars and the alcohol price," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 31(3), pages 382-394, May.
- Akinboade, Oludele A. & Ziramba, Emmanuel & Kumo, Wolassa L., 2008. "The demand for gasoline in South Africa: An empirical analysis using co-integration techniques," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 30(6), pages 3222-3229, November.
- Ramanathan, R., 1999. "Short- and long-run elasticities of gasoline demand in India: An empirical analysis using cointegration techniques," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 21(4), pages 321-330, August.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Curci, Ylenia & Mongeau Ospina, Christian A., 2016. "Investigating biofuels through network analysis," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 97(C), pages 60-72.
- Brexó, Ramon Peres & Sant’Ana, Anderson S., 2017. "Impact and significance of microbial contamination during fermentation for bioethanol production," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 73(C), pages 423-434.
- Nunez, Hector & Onal, Hayri, 2013.
"An Economic Analysis of Transportation Fuel Policies in Brazil,"
2013 Annual Meeting, August 4-6, 2013, Washington, D.C.
149973, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Héctor M. Núñez & Hayri Onal, 2014. "An economic analysis of transportation fuel policies in Brazil," Working papers DTE 570, CIDE, División de Economía.
- Leonardo Chaves Borges Cardoso & Maurício Vaz Lobo Bittencourt & Alexandre Alves Porsse, 2014. "Demanda Por Combustíveis Leves No Brasil: Uma Abordagem Utilizando Painéis Espaciais Dinâmicos," Anais do XLI Encontro Nacional de Economia [Proceedings of the 41th Brazilian Economics Meeting] 194, ANPEC - Associação Nacional dos Centros de Pósgraduação em Economia [Brazilian Association of Graduate Programs in Economics].
- Santos, Gervásio F., 2013. "Fuel demand in Brazil in a dynamic panel data approach," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 36(C), pages 229-240.
- Mauricio Vaz Lobo Bittencourt & Leonardo Chaves Borges Cardoso & Elena Grace Irwin, 2016. "Biofuels Policies And Fuel Demand Elasticities In Brazil: An Iv Approach," Anais do XLIII Encontro Nacional de Economia [Proceedings of the 43rd Brazilian Economics Meeting] 181, ANPEC - Associação Nacional dos Centros de Pósgraduação em Economia [Brazilian Association of Graduate Programs in Economics].
- Laurini, Márcio Poletti, 2017. "The spatio-temporal dynamics of ethanol/gasoline price ratio in Brazil," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 70(C), pages 1-12.
- repec:eee:eneeco:v:63:y:2017:i:c:p:322-331 is not listed on IDEAS
- Jose Cantos & Robert Dixon, 2014. "Impacts of bioethanol on gasoline prices in the Philippines: an econometric analysis," Mitigation and Adaptation Strategies for Global Change, Springer, vol. 19(1), pages 1-13, January.
- Odziemkowska, Małgorzata & Matuszewska, Anna & Czarnocka, Joanna, 2016. "Diesel oil with bioethanol as a fuel for compression-ignition engines," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 184(C), pages 1264-1272.
- Hector M. Nuñez and Jesús Otero, 2017.
"Integration in Gasoline and Ethanol Markets in Brazil over Time and Space under the Flex-fuel Technology,"
The Energy Journal,
International Association for Energy Economics, vol. 0(Number 2).
- Nuñez, Hector M. & Otero, Jesús, 2015. "Integration in Gasoline and Ethanol Markets in Brazil over Time and Space under the Flex-fuel Technology," 2015 AAEA & WAEA Joint Annual Meeting, July 26-28, San Francisco, California 204306, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association;Western Agricultural Economics Association.
- de Barros, Marisa Maia & Szklo, Alexandre, 2015. "Petroleum refining flexibility and cost to address the risk of ethanol supply disruptions: The case of Brazil," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 77(C), pages 20-31.
- El Montasser, Ghassen & Gupta, Rangan & Martins, Andre Luis & Wanke, Peter, 2015.
"Are there multiple bubbles in the ethanol–gasoline price ratio of Brazil?,"
Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews,
Elsevier, vol. 52(C), pages 19-23.
- Ghassen El Montasser & Rangan Gupta & Andre Luis Martins & Peter Wanke, 2014. "Are there Multiple Bubbles in the Ethanol-Gasoline Price Ratio of Brazil?," Working Papers 201479, University of Pretoria, Department of Economics.
- Kumar, Satish & Cho, Jae Hyun & Park, Jaedeuk & Moon, Il, 2013. "Advances in diesel–alcohol blends and their effects on the performance and emissions of diesel engines," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 22(C), pages 46-72.
- Chanthawong, Anuman & Dhakal, Shobhakar & Jongwanich, Juthathip, 2016. "Supply and demand of biofuels in the fuel market of Thailand: Two stage least square and three least square approaches," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 114(C), pages 431-443.
More about this item
KeywordsEthanol demand; Elasticity; Cointegration; Brazil;
- O13 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Agriculture; Natural Resources; Environment; Other Primary Products
- P48 - Economic Systems - - Other Economic Systems - - - Political Economy; Legal Institutions; Property Rights; Natural Resources; Energy; Environment; Regional Studies
- Q41 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Energy - - - Demand and Supply; Prices
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:eneeco:v:33:y:2011:i:6:p:1146-1154. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/eneco .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.