A meta-analysis of the price elasticity of gasoline demand. A SUR approach
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Dahl, Carol A., 1978. "American energy consumption -- Extravagant or economical? : A study of gasoline demand," Resources and Energy, Elsevier, vol. 1(4), pages 359-373, December.
- Espey, Molly, 1998. "Gasoline demand revisited: an international meta-analysis of elasticities," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 20(3), pages 273-295, June.
- Blair, Roger D & Kaserman, David L & Tepel, Richard C, 1984. "The Impact of Improved Mileage on Gasoline Consumption," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 22(2), pages 209-217, April.
- Abdel-Khalek, Gouda, 1988. "Income and price elasticities of energy consumption in Egypt : A time-series analysis," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 10(1), pages 47-58, January.
- Sara Banaszak & Ujjayant Chakravorty & PingSun Leung, 1999. "Demand for Ground Transportation Fuel and Pricing Policy in Asian Tigers: A Comparative Study of Korea and Taiwan," The Energy Journal, International Association for Energy Economics, vol. 0(Number 2), pages 145-165.
- An-loh Lin & Botsas, Eleftherios N. & Monroe, Scott A., 1985. "State gasoline consumption in the USA : An econometric analysis," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 7(1), pages 29-36, January.
- Eltony, M. N. & Al-Mutairi, N. H., 1995. "Demand for gasoline in Kuwait : An empirical analysis using cointegration techniques," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 17(3), pages 249-253, July.
- Bentzen, Jan, 1994. "An empirical analysis of gasoline demand in Denmark using cointegration techniques," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 16(2), pages 139-143, April.
- Baltagi, Badi H. & Griffin, James M., 1983. "Gasoline demand in the OECD : An application of pooling and testing procedures," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 22(2), pages 117-137, July.
- Dahl, Carol A, 1979. "Consumer Adjustment to a Gasoline Tax," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 61(3), pages 427-432, August.
- Goldberg, Pinelopi Koujianou, 1998. "The Effects of the Corporate Average Fuel Efficiency Standards in the US," Journal of Industrial Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 46(1), pages 1-33, March.
- Mehta, Jatinder S. & Narasimham, Gorti V. L. & Swamy, Paravastu A. V. B., 1978. "Estimation of a dynamic demand function for gasoline with different schemes of parameter variation," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 7(3), pages 263-279, April.
- Carol A. Dahl, 1982. "Do Gasoline Demand Elasticities Vary?," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 58(3), pages 373-382.
- Nancy T. Gallini, 1983. "Demand for Gasoline in Canada," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 16(2), pages 299-324, May.
- Kayser, Hilke A., 2000. "Gasoline demand and car choice: estimating gasoline demand using household information," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 22(3), pages 331-348, June.
- Archibald, Robert & Gillingham, Robert, 1980. "An Analysis of the Short-Run Consumer Demand for Gasoline Using Household Survey Data," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 62(4), pages 622-628, November.
- Samimi, Rodney, 1995. "Road transport energy demand in Australia: A cointegration approach," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 17(4), pages 329-339, October.
- Uri, Noel D. & Hassanein, Saad A., 1985. "Testing for stability : Motor gasoline demand and distillate fuel oil demand," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 7(2), pages 87-92, April.
- Donnelly, W A, 1982. "The Regional Demand for Petrol in Australia," The Economic Record, The Economic Society of Australia, vol. 58(163), pages 317-327, December.
- Drollas, Leonidas P., 1984. "The demand for gasoline : Further evidence," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 6(1), pages 71-82, January.
- Baltagi, Badi H. & Griffin, James M., 1997. "Pooled estimators vs. their heterogeneous counterparts in the context of dynamic demand for gasoline," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 77(2), pages 303-327, April.
- Robert McRae, 1994. "Gasoline Demand in Developing Asian Countries," The Energy Journal, International Association for Energy Economics, vol. 0(Number 1), pages 143-156.
- Wirl, Franz, 1991. "Energy demand and consumer price expectations : An empirical investigation of the consequences from the recent oil price collapse," Resources and Energy, Elsevier, vol. 13(3), pages 241-262, September.
- Robert Archibald & Robert Gillingham, 1981. "The Distributional Impact of Alternative Gasoline Conservation Policies," Bell Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 12(2), pages 426-444, Autumn.
- Ramsey, J B & Rasche, R & Allen, Bruce T, 1975. "An Analysis of the Private and Commercial Demand for Gasoline," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 57(4), pages 502-507, November.
- Berndt, Ernst R. & Botero, German, 1985. "Energy demand in the transportation sector of Mexico," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 17(3), pages 219-238, April.
- Dermot Gately, 1990. "The U.S. Demand for Highway Travel and Motor Fuel," The Energy Journal, International Association for Energy Economics, vol. 0(Number 3), pages 59-74.
- Tishler, Asher, 1983. "The demand for cars and gasoline: A simultaneous approach," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 20(1-3), pages 271-287, January.
- Ramanathan, R., 1999. "Short- and long-run elasticities of gasoline demand in India: An empirical analysis using cointegration techniques," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 21(4), pages 321-330, August.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:eneeco:v:30:y:2008:i:5:p:2105-2122. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/eneco .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.