Off-shore enhanced oil recovery in the North Sea: The impact of price uncertainty on the investment decisions
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Leach, Andrew & Mason, Charles F. & Veld, Klaas van ‘t, 2011.
"Co-optimization of enhanced oil recovery and carbon sequestration,"
Resource and Energy Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 33(4), pages 893-912.
- Andrew Leach & Charles F. Mason & Klaas van't Veld, 2009. "Co-optimization of Enhanced Oil Recovery and Carbon Sequestration," NBER Working Papers 15035, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Avinash K. Dixit & Robert S. Pindyck, 1994. "Investment under Uncertainty," Economics Books, Princeton University Press, edition 1, number 5474, March.
- Krahé, Max & Heidug, Wolf & Ward, John & Smale, Robin, 2013. "From demonstration to deployment: An economic analysis of support policies for carbon capture and storage," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 60(C), pages 753-763.
- Lukas, Elmar & Welling, Andreas, 2014. "Timing and eco(nomic) efficiency of climate-friendly investments in supply chains," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 233(2), pages 448-457.
- Heindl, Peter & Wood, Peter J. & Jotzo, Frank, 2014.
"Combining international cap-and-trade with national carbon taxes,"
ZEW Discussion Papers
14-086, ZEW - Leibniz Centre for European Economic Research.
- Peter Heindl & Peter J. Wood & Frank Jotzo, 2014. "Combining International Cap-and-Trade with National Carbon Taxes," CCEP Working Papers 1418, Centre for Climate & Energy Policy, Crawford School of Public Policy, The Australian National University.
- Heindl, Peter & Wood, Peter J. & Jotzo, Frank, 2014. "Combining International Cap-and-Trade with National Carbon Taxes," Working Papers 249501, Australian National University, Centre for Climate Economics & Policy.
- Nykvist, Björn, 2013. "Ten times more difficult: Quantifying the carbon capture and storage challenge," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 55(C), pages 683-689.
- Häggquist, Elisabeth & Söderholm, Patrik, 2015. "The economic value of geological information: Synthesis and directions for future research," Resources Policy, Elsevier, vol. 43(C), pages 91-100.
- Conrad, Jon M. & Kotani, Koji, 2005. "When to drill? Trigger prices for the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge," Resource and Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 27(4), pages 273-286, November.
- Szolgayová, Jana & Golub, Alexander & Fuss, Sabine, 2014. "Innovation and risk-averse firms: Options on carbon allowances as a hedging tool," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 70(C), pages 227-235.
- Esther W. Mezey & Jon M. Conrad, 2010. "Real Options in Resource Economics," Annual Review of Resource Economics, Annual Reviews, vol. 2(1), pages 33-52, October.
- repec:dau:papers:123456789/6790 is not listed on IDEAS
- Wirl, Franz, 2006. "Consequences of irreversibilities on optimal intertemporal CO2 emission policies under uncertainty," Resource and Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 28(2), pages 105-123, May.
- Scott, Vivian, 2013. "What can we expect from Europe's carbon capture and storage demonstrations?," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 54(C), pages 66-71.
- Conrad, Jon M. & Kotani, Koji, 2007. "Erratum to "When to drill? Trigger prices for the arctic national wildlife refuge" [Resour. Energy Econ. 27(4) (2005) 273-286]," Resource and Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 29(3), pages 244-245, September.
- Abadie, Luis M. & Chamorro, José M., 2008. "European CO2 prices and carbon capture investments," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 30(6), pages 2992-3015, November.
- Somayeh Heydari & Nick Ovenden & Afzal Siddiqui, 2012. "Real options analysis of investment in carbon capture and sequestration technology," Computational Management Science, Springer, vol. 9(1), pages 109-138, February.
- Klokk, Ø. & Schreiner, P.F. & Pagès-Bernaus, A. & Tomasgard, A., 2010. "Optimizing a CO2 value chain for the Norwegian Continental Shelf," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 38(11), pages 6604-6614, November.
- Postali, Fernando A.S. & Picchetti, Paulo, 2006. "Geometric Brownian Motion and structural breaks in oil prices: A quantitative analysis," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 28(4), pages 506-522, July.
- Reuter, Wolf Heinrich & Fuss, Sabine & Szolgayová, Jana & Obersteiner, Michael, 2012. "Investment in wind power and pumped storage in a real options model," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 16(4), pages 2242-2248.
- Kemp, Alexander G. & Kasim, Sola, 2013. "The economics of CO2-EOR cluster developments in the UK Central North Sea," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 62(C), pages 1344-1355.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Adkins, Roger & Paxson, Dean, 2019. "Rescaling-contraction with a lower cost technology when revenue declines," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 277(2), pages 574-586.
- Jia-Yue Huang & Yun-Fei Cao & Hui-Ling Zhou & Hong Cao & Bao-Jun Tang & Nan Wang, 2018. "Optimal Investment Timing and Scale Choice of Overseas Oil Projects: A Real Option Approach," Energies, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 11(11), pages 1-22, October.
- Pengchun Li & Xueyan Liu & Jiemin Lu & Di Zhou & Susan D. Hovorka & Gang Hu & Xi Liang, 2018. "Potential evaluation of CO2 EOR and storage in oilfields of the Pearl River Mouth Basin, northern South China Sea," Greenhouse Gases: Science and Technology, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 8(5), pages 954-977, October.
- Compernolle, T. & Huisman, Kuno & Kort, Peter & Lavrutich, Maria & Nunes, Claudia & Thijssen, J.J.J., 2018. "Investment Decisions with Two-Factor Uncertainty," Discussion Paper 2018-003, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
More about this item
KeywordsCO2 enhanced oil recovery; Uncertainty; Real options analysis; Investment decision;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:enepol:v:101:y:2017:i:c:p:123-137. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/enpol .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.