To Frack or Not to Frack: Option Value Analysis on the U.S. Natural Gas Market
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Vivek Ghosal, 2010. "Quantifying The Role Played By Sunk Capital Costs In Real-Options Models," Scottish Journal of Political Economy, Scottish Economic Society, vol. 57(s1), pages 343-358, July.
- Cortazar, Gonzalo & Casassus, Jaime, 1998. "Optimal Timing of a Mine Expansion: Implementing a Real Options Model," The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 38(3, Part 2), pages 755-769.
- Mason, Charles F. & A. Wilmot, Neil, 2014. "Jump processes in natural gas markets," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 46(S1), pages 69-79.
- Avinash K. Dixit & Robert S. Pindyck, 1994. "Investment under Uncertainty," Economics Books, Princeton University Press, edition 1, number 5474.
- Wang, Zhongmin & Krupnick, Alan, 2013. "A Retrospective Review of Shale Gas Development in the United States: What Led to the Boom?," Discussion Papers dp-13-12, Resources For the Future.
- Marten, Alex L. & Moore, Christopher C., 2011.
"An options based bioeconomic model for biological and chemical control of invasive species,"
Elsevier, vol. 70(11), pages 2050-2061, September.
- Alex L. Marten & Christopher C. Moore, 2010. "An Options Based Bioeconomic Model for Biological and Chemical Control of Invasive Species," NCEE Working Paper Series 201006, National Center for Environmental Economics, U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, revised May 2010.
- Zivot, Eric & Andrews, Donald W K, 2002.
"Further Evidence on the Great Crash, the Oil-Price Shock, and the Unit-Root Hypothesis,"
Journal of Business & Economic Statistics,
American Statistical Association, vol. 20(1), pages 25-44, January.
- Zivot, Eric & Andrews, Donald W K, 1992. "Further Evidence on the Great Crash, the Oil-Price Shock, and the Unit-Root Hypothesis," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 10(3), pages 251-270, July.
- Eric Zivot & Donald W.K. Andrews, 1990. "Further Evidence on the Great Crash, the Oil Price Shock, and the Unit Root Hypothesis," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 944, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- Nostbakken, Linda, 2006. "Regime switching in a fishery with stochastic stock and price," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 51(2), pages 231-241, March.
- Insley, Margaret, 2002. "A Real Options Approach to the Valuation of a Forestry Investment," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 44(3), pages 471-492, November.
- Margaret Forsyth, 2000. "On estimating the option value of preserving a wilderness area," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 33(2), pages 413-434, May.
- Ryan Kellogg, 2014.
"The Effect of Uncertainty on Investment: Evidence from Texas Oil Drilling,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 104(6), pages 1698-1734, June.
- Ryan Kellogg, 2010. "The Effect of Uncertainty on Investment: Evidence from Texas Oil Drilling," NBER Working Papers 16541, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Conrad, Jon M. & Kotani, Koji, 2005. "When to drill? Trigger prices for the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge," Resource and Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 27(4), pages 273-286, November.
- Abdullah Almansour and Margaret Insley, 2016.
"The Impact of Stochastic Extraction Cost on the Value of an Exhaustible Resource: An Application to the Alberta Oil Sands,"
The Energy Journal,
International Association for Energy Economics, vol. 0(Number 2).
- Abdullah Almansour & Margaret Insley, 2013. "The impact of stochastic extraction cost on the value of an exhaustible resource: An application to the Alberta oil sands," Working Papers 1303, University of Waterloo, Department of Economics, revised Jun 2013.
- James L. Paddock & Daniel R. Siegel & James L. Smith, 1988. "Option Valuation of Claims on Real Assets: The Case of Offshore Petroleum Leases," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 103(3), pages 479-508.
More about this item
Keywordsrisk and uncertainty; real options; energy economics; Resource /Energy Economics and Policy; Risk and Uncertainty; Q41;
- Q41 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Energy - - - Demand and Supply; Prices
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2016-06-14 (All new papers)
- NEP-ENE-2016-06-14 (Energy Economics)
- NEP-REG-2016-06-14 (Regulation)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:aaea16:235642. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/aaeaaea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.