A Retrospective Review of Shale Gas Development in the United States: What Led to the Boom?
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Dosi, Giovanni, 1988. "Sources, Procedures, and Microeconomic Effects of Innovation," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 26(3), pages 1120-1171, September.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:eee:eneeco:v:66:y:2017:i:c:p:147-153 is not listed on IDEAS
- Zirogiannis, Nikolaos & Alcorn, Jessica & Piepenburg, Jayne & Rupp, John, 2015. "I Want In On That: Community-level Policies for Unconventional Gas Development in New York," Agricultural and Resource Economics Review, Northeastern Agricultural and Resource Economics Association, vol. 44(2), August.
- Clarke, Christopher E. & Hart, Philip S. & Schuldt, Jonathon P. & Evensen, Darrick T.N. & Boudet, Hilary S. & Jacquet, Jeffrey B. & Stedman, Richard C., 2015. "Public opinion on energy development: The interplay of issue framing, top-of-mind associations, and political ideology," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 81(C), pages 131-140.
- repec:eee:resene:v:49:y:2017:i:c:p:62-85 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:eee:appene:v:197:y:2017:i:c:p:327-341 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:eee:appene:v:199:y:2017:i:c:p:88-95 is not listed on IDEAS
- Hilaire, Jérôme & Bauer, Nico & Brecha, Robert J., 2015. "Boom or bust? Mapping out the known unknowns of global shale gas production potential," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 49(C), pages 581-587.
- Chi Kong Chyong and David M. Reiner, 2015. "Economics and Politics of Shale Gas in Europe," Economics of Energy & Environmental Policy, International Association for Energy Economics, vol. 0(Number 1).
- Grinets, Irina & Kaznacheev, Peter, 2014.
"The Role of Innovative Development in Unconventional Hydrocarbon Exploitation in the Context of the Shale Gas Revolution in the USA,"
kazn02, Russian Presidential Academy of National Economy and Public Administration.
- Grinets, Irina & Kaznacheev, Peter, 2014. "The Role of Innovative Development in Unconventional Hydrocarbon Exploitation in the Context of the Shale Gas Revolution in the USA," Published Papers kazn02, Russian Presidential Academy of National Economy and Public Administration.
- Tian, Lei & Wang, Zhongmin & Krupnick, Alan & Liu, Xiaoli, 2014. "Stimulating shale gas development in China: A comparison with the US experience," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 75(C), pages 109-116.
- Davis, Rebecca J. & Sims, Charles, 2016. "To Frack or Not to Frack: Option Value Analysis on the U.S. Natural Gas Market," 2016 Annual Meeting, July 31-August 2, 2016, Boston, Massachusetts 235642, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- De Silva, P.N.K. & Simons, S.J.R. & Stevens, P., 2016. "Economic impact analysis of natural gas development and the policy implications," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 88(C), pages 639-651.
- Fleming, David & Komarek, Timothy & Partridge, Mark & Measham, Thomas, 2015. "The Booming Socioeconomic Impacts of Shale: A Review of Findings and Methods in the Empirical Literature," MPRA Paper 68487, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Kowalik, Michal & Davig, Troy A. & Morris, Charles S. & Regehr, Kristen, 2015. "Bank consolidation and merger activity following the crisis," Economic Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City, issue Q I, pages 31-49.
- Alcaraz, Carlo & Villalvazo, Sergio, 2017.
"The effect of natural gas shortages on the Mexican economy,"
Elsevier, vol. 66(C), pages 147-153.
- Alcaraz Carlo; Villavazo Martin Sergio, 2016. "The Effect of Natural Gas Shortages on the Mexican Economy," Working Papers 2016-10, Banco de México.
More about this item
Keywordsshale gas; policy; research and development; technology; hydraulic fracturing; horizontal drilling;
- Q4 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Energy
- O3 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Innovation; Research and Development; Technological Change; Intellectual Property Rights
- L71 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Primary Products and Construction - - - Mining, Extraction, and Refining: Hydrocarbon Fuels
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2013-07-05 (All new papers)
- NEP-ENE-2013-07-05 (Energy Economics)
- NEP-HIS-2013-07-05 (Business, Economic & Financial History)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:rff:dpaper:dp-13-12. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Webmaster). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/degraus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.