Report NEP-HIS-2013-07-05This is the archive for NEP-HIS, a report on new working papers in the area of Business, Economic & Financial History. Bernardo Batiz-Lazo issued this report. It is usually issued weekly.
The following items were announced in this report:
- Verhoef, Grietjie & Greyling, Lorraine & Mwamba, John, 2013. "SAVINGS and economic growth: a historical analysis of the relationship between savings and economic growth in the CAPE Colony economy, 1850-1909," MPRA Paper 47819, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 19 Jun 2013.
- Kirsten Wandschneider, 2013. "Lending to Lemons: Landschafts-Credit in 18th Century Prussia," NBER Working Papers 19159, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Hoyt Bleakley & Dora Costa & Adriana Lleras-Muney, 2013. "Health, Education and Income in the United States, 1820-2000," NBER Working Papers 19162, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Höhne, Jutta, 2013. "Language integration of labour migrants in Austria, Belgium, France, Germany, the Netherlands and Sweden from a historical perspective," Discussion Papers, Research Unit: Migration, Integration, Transnationalization SP VI 2013-101, WZB Berlin Social Science Center.
- Enriqueta Camps, 2013. "The impact of investment in education on economic development: Spain in comparative perspective (1860-2000)," Economics Working Papers 1373, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra.
- Metin M. Cosgel & Bogac A. Ergene, 2013. "The Selection Bias in Court Records: Settlement and Trial in Eighteenth Century Kastamonu," Working papers 2013-12, University of Connecticut, Department of Economics.
- Wang, Zhongmin & Krupnick, Alan, 2013. "A Retrospective Review of Shale Gas Development in the United States: What Led to the Boom?," Discussion Papers dp-13-12, Resources For the Future.
- Yves Soulabail, 2013. "La genèse de l’hypermarché : est-il vraiment français d’origine ?," Economics Working Paper Archive (University of Rennes 1 & University of Caen) 201319, Center for Research in Economics and Management (CREM), University of Rennes 1, University of Caen and CNRS.
- Hoyt Bleakley & Joseph P. Ferrie, 2013. "Up from Poverty? The 1832 Cherokee Land Lottery and the Long-run Distribution of Wealth," NBER Working Papers 19175, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Karel Mertens & José L. Montiel Olea, 2013. "Marginal Tax Rates and Income: New Time Series Evidence," NBER Working Papers 19171, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Kaitila, Ville, 2013. "Convergence, income distribution, and the economic crisis in Europe," ETLA Working Papers 14, The Research Institute of the Finnish Economy.
- Park, Sung-Jo, 2013. "Developmental state in Korea (60-70ties) revisited: Institution-building for the making of 'coordinated market'," Discourses in Social Market Economy 2013-02, OrdnungsPolitisches Portal (OPO).
- Ho Fai Chan & Benno Torgler, 2013. "The Implications Of Educational And Methodological Background For The Career Success Of Nobel Laureates: Looking At Major Awards," QuBE Working Papers 017, QUT Business School.
- Zhang, Heather Xiaoquan & Loubere, Nicholas, 2013. "Rural finance, development and livelihoods in China," Working Papers on East Asian Studies 94/2013, University of Duisburg-Essen, Institute of East Asian Studies IN-EAST.
- Dhaval M. Dave & Sandra L. Decker & Robert Kaestner & Kosali Ilayperuma Simon, 2013. "The Effect of Medicaid Expansions in the Late 1980s and Early 1990s on the Labor Supply of Pregnant Women," NBER Working Papers 19161, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Graziela Ferrero Zucoloto, 2013. "Patenteamento em Biotecnologias: Experiência Chinesa," Discussion Papers 1841, Instituto de Pesquisa Econômica Aplicada - IPEA.
- Giles, John & Wang, Dewen & Park, Albert, 2013. "Expanding social insurance coverage in urban China," Policy Research Working Paper Series 6497, The World Bank.