Expanding social insurance coverage in urban China
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Alpaslan Akay & Corrado Giulietti & Juan Robalino & Klaus Zimmermann, 2014.
"Remittances and well-being among rural-to-urban migrants in China,"
Review of Economics of the Household,
Springer, vol. 12(3), pages 517-546, September.
- Akay, Alpaslan & Giulietti, Corrado & Robalino, Juan David & Zimmermann, Klaus F., 2012. "Remittances and Well-Being among Rural-to-Urban Migrants in China," IZA Discussion Papers 6631, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Alpaslan Akay & Corrado Giulietti & Juan D. Robalino & Klaus F. Zimmermann, 2013. "Remittances and Well-Being among Rural-to-Urban Migrants in China," Working Papers 1447, Princeton University, Department of Economics, Industrial Relations Section..
- Robert Holzmann & David A. Robalino & Noriyuki Takayama, 2009. "Closing the Coverage Gap : The Role of Social Pensions and Other Retirement Income Transfers," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 2651.
- Wanchuan Lin & Gordon G. Liu & Gang Chen, 2009. "The Urban Resident Basic Medical Insurance: a landmark reform towards universal coverage in China," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 18(S2), pages 83-96, July.
- Liu, Xingzhu & Hsiao, William C. L., 1995. "The cost escalation of social health insurance plans in China: Its implication for public policy," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 41(8), pages 1095-1101, October.
- Haoming Liu, 2011. "Economic Reforms and Gender Inequality in Urban China," Economic Development and Cultural Change, University of Chicago Press, vol. 59(4), pages 839-876.
- Holzmann, Robert & Packard, Truman & Cuesta, Jose, 2000. "Extending coverage in multi-pillar pension systems : constraints and hypotheses, preliminary evidence and future research agenda," Social Protection and Labor Policy and Technical Notes 21303, The World Bank.
- Giles, John & Park, Albert & Cai, Fang, 2006. "Reemployment of dislocated workers in urban China: The roles of information and incentives," Journal of Comparative Economics, Elsevier, vol. 34(3), pages 582-607, September.
- Liu, Yuanli, 2002. "Reforming China's urban health insurance system," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 60(2), pages 133-150, May.
- Barry Naughton, 2007. "The Chinese Economy: Transitions and Growth," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 0262640643, January.
- Guillermo E. Perry & William F. Maloney & Omar S. Arias & Pablo Fajnzylber & Andrew D. Mason & Jaime Saavedra-Chanduvi, 2007. "Informality : Exit and Exclusion," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 6730.
- Chi, Wei & Li, Bo, 2008. "Glass ceiling or sticky floor? Examining the gender earnings differential across the earnings distribution in urban China, 1987-2004," Journal of Comparative Economics, Elsevier, vol. 36(2), pages 243-263, June.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Gallagher, Mary & Giles, John & Park, Albert & Wang, Meiyan, 2013.
"China's 2008 labor contract law : implementation and implications for China's workers,"
Policy Research Working Paper Series
6542, The World Bank.
- Gallagher, Mary & Giles, John T. & Park, Albert & Wang, Meiyan, 2013. "China's 2008 Labor Contract Law: Implementation and Implications for China's Workers," IZA Discussion Papers 7555, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
More about this item
KeywordsHealth Economics&Finance; Insurance&Risk Mitigation; Social Protections&Assistance; Pensions&Retirement Systems; Wages; Compensation&Benefits;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2013-07-05 (All new papers)
- NEP-CNA-2013-07-05 (China)
- NEP-DEM-2013-07-05 (Demographic Economics)
- NEP-DEV-2013-07-05 (Development)
- NEP-HIS-2013-07-05 (Business, Economic & Financial History)
- NEP-IAS-2013-07-05 (Insurance Economics)
- NEP-TRA-2013-07-05 (Transition Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wbk:wbrwps:6497. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Roula I. Yazigi). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/dvewbus.html .