The international market for MBA qualifications: The relationship between tuition fees and applications
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Louise A. Heslop & John Nadeau, 2010. "Branding MBA programs: the use of target market desired outcomes for effective brand positioning," Journal of Marketing for Higher Education, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 20(1), pages 85-117, June.
- Griffith, Amanda & Rask, Kevin, 2007. "The influence of the US News and World Report collegiate rankings on the matriculation decision of high-ability students: 1995-2004," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 26(2), pages 244-255, April.
- Holtz-Eakin, Douglas & Newey, Whitney & Rosen, Harvey S, 1989.
"The Revenues-Expenditures Nexus: Evidence from Local Government Data,"
International Economic Review,
Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 30(2), pages 415-429, May.
- Douglas Holtz-Eakin & Whitney K. Newey & Harvey S. Rosen, 1987. "The Revenues-Expenditures Nexus: Evidence from Local Government Data," NBER Working Papers 2180, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Tom Doan, "undated". "RATS program to demonstrate IV estimation of VAR in panel data," Statistical Software Components RTZ00185, Boston College Department of Economics.
- Hussey, Andrew, 2011. "The effect of ethics on labor market success: Evidence from MBAs," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 80(1), pages 168-180.
- Soo, Kwok Tong & Elliott, Caroline, 2010.
"Does price matter? Overseas students in UK higher education,"
Economics of Education Review,
Elsevier, vol. 29(4), pages 553-565, August.
- K T Soo & C F Elliott, 2008. "Does price matter? Overseas students In UK higher education," Working Papers 596594, Lancaster University Management School, Economics Department.
- Bezmen, Trisha & Depken II, Craig A., 1998. "School Characteristics and the Demand for College," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 17(2), pages 205-210, April.
- Amy Ellen Schwartz & Benjamin Scafidi, 2004. "What's Happened to the Price of College?: Quality-Adjusted Net Price Indexes for Four-Year Colleges," Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 39(3), pages 723-745.
- Rosen, Sherwin, 1974. "Hedonic Prices and Implicit Markets: Product Differentiation in Pure Competition," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 82(1), pages 34-55, Jan.-Feb..
- DANIEL P. McMILLEN & LARRY D. SINGELL & GLEN R. WADDELL, 2007. "Spatial Competition And The Price Of College," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 45(4), pages 817-833, October.
- Wayne A. Grove & Andrew Hussey, 2011. "Returns To Field Of Study Versus School Quality: Mba Selection On Observed And Unobserved Heterogeneity," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 49(3), pages 730-749, July.
- Sarah Hall & Lindsey Appleyard, 2009. "'City of London, City of Learning'? Placing business education within the geographies of finance," Journal of Economic Geography, Oxford University Press, vol. 9(5), pages 597-617, September.
- Ray, Subhash C. & Jeon, Yongil, 2008.
"Reputation and efficiency: A non-parametric assessment of America's top-rated MBA programs,"
European Journal of Operational Research,
Elsevier, vol. 189(1), pages 245-268, August.
- Subhash C. Ray & Yongil Jeon, 2003. "Reputation and Efficiency: A Nonparametric Assessment of America's Top-Rated MBA Programs," Working papers 2003-13, University of Connecticut, Department of Economics.
- Montgomery, Mark, 2002. "A nested logit model of the choice of a graduate business school," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 21(5), pages 471-480, October.
- Christopher F Baum & Mark E. Schaffer & Steven Stillman, 2007. "Enhanced routines for instrumental variables/generalized method of moments estimation and testing," Stata Journal, StataCorp LP, vol. 7(4), pages 465-506, December.
- Michael Luca & Jonathan Smith, 2013.
"Salience in Quality Disclosure: Evidence from the U.S. News College Rankings,"
Journal of Economics & Management Strategy,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 22(1), pages 58-77, March.
- Michael Luca & Jonathan Smith, 2011. "Salience in Quality Disclosure: Evidence from the U.S. News College Rankings," Harvard Business School Working Papers 12-014, Harvard Business School.
- Harford, Jon D. & Marcus, Richard D., 1986. "Tuition and U.S. private college characteristics: The hedonic approach," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 5(4), pages 415-430, August.
- Neill, Christine, 2009. "Tuition fees and the demand for university places," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 28(5), pages 561-570, October.
- Peter Arcidiacono & Jane Cooley & Andrew Hussey, 2008. "The Economic Returns To An Mba," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 49(3), pages 873-899, August.
- Nelson, Phillip, 1970. "Information and Consumer Behavior," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 78(2), pages 311-329, March-Apr.
- Dennis Epple & Richard Romano & Holger Sieg, 2006.
"Admission, Tuition, and Financial Aid Policies in the Market for Higher Education,"
Econometric Society, vol. 74(4), pages 885-928, July.
- Dennis Epple & Richard Romano & Holger Sieg, "undated". "Admission, Tuition, and Financial Aid Policies in the Market for Higher Education," GSIA Working Papers 2003-04, Carnegie Mellon University, Tepper School of Business.
- Savoca, Elizabeth, 1990. "Another look at the demand for higher education: Measuring the price sensitivity of the decision to apply to college," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 9(2), pages 123-134, June.
- Andrew Abbott & Derek Leslie, 2004. "Recent Trends in Higher Education Applications and Acceptances," Education Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 12(1), pages 67-86.
- Lucas, Robert E B, 1975. "Hedonic Price Functions," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 13(2), pages 157-178, June.
- Grove, Wayne A. & Hussey, Andrew, 2014. "Returns to MBA quality: Pecuniary and non-pecuniary returns to peers, faculty, and institution quality," Labour Economics, Elsevier, vol. 26(C), pages 43-54.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Havranek, Tomas & Irsova, Zuzana & Zeynalova, Olesia, 2017. "Tuition Reduces Enrollment Less Than Commonly Thought," MPRA Paper 78813, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Gicheva, Dora, 2016. "Student loans or marriage? A look at the highly educated," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 53(C), pages 207-216.
More about this item
KeywordsMBAs; Tuition fees; Applications; Simultaneous equations;
- I21 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Education - - - Analysis of Education
- D12 - Microeconomics - - Household Behavior - - - Consumer Economics: Empirical Analysis
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:ecoedu:v:34:y:2013:i:c:p:162-174. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/econedurev .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.