Subject Specific League Tables and Students' Application Decisions
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Arnaud Chevalier & Xiaoxuan Jia, 2016. "Subject-Specific League Tables and Students' Application Decisions," Manchester School, University of Manchester, vol. 84(5), pages 600-620, September.
- Arnaud Chevalier & Xiaoxuan Jia, 2015. "Subject specific league tables and students'application decisions," Working Papers 201503, Geary Institute, University College Dublin.
References listed on IDEAS
- Lorraine Dearden & Emla Fitzsimons & Gill Wyness, 2011.
"The Impact of Tuition Fees and Support on University Participation in the UK,"
CEE Discussion Papers
0126, Centre for the Economics of Education, LSE.
- Lorraine Dearden & Emla Fitzsimons & Gill Wyness, 2011. "The impact of tuition fees and support on university participation in the UK," IFS Working Papers W11/17, Institute for Fiscal Studies.
- Gill Wyness, 2010. "Policy changes in UK higher education funding, 1963-2009," DoQSS Working Papers 10-15, Quantitative Social Science - UCL Social Research Institute, University College London.
- Kwok Tong Soo, 2013. "Does anyone use information from university rankings?," Education Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 21(2), pages 176-190, March.
- Arnaud Chevalier, 2014. "Does Higher Education Quality Matter in the UK?," Research in Labor Economics, in: Solomon W. Polachek & Konstantinos Tatsiramos (ed.),Factors Affecting Worker Well-being: The Impact of Change in the Labor Market, volume 40, pages 257-292, Emerald Publishing Ltd.
- Griffith, Amanda & Rask, Kevin, 2007. "The influence of the US News and World Report collegiate rankings on the matriculation decision of high-ability students: 1995-2004," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 26(2), pages 244-255, April.
- Soo, Kwok Tong & Elliott, Caroline, 2010.
"Does price matter? Overseas students in UK higher education,"
Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 29(4), pages 553-565, August.
- K T Soo & C F Elliott, 2008. "Does price matter? Overseas students In UK higher education," Working Papers 596594, Lancaster University Management School, Economics Department.
- Michael Luca & Jonathan Smith, 2013.
"Salience in Quality Disclosure: Evidence from the U.S. News College Rankings,"
Journal of Economics & Management Strategy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 22(1), pages 58-77, March.
- Michael Luca & Jonathan Smith, 2011. "Salience in Quality Disclosure: Evidence from the U.S. News College Rankings," Harvard Business School Working Papers 12-014, Harvard Business School.
- James Monks & Ronald G. Ehrenberg, 1999. "The Impact of US News and World Report College Rankings on Admission Outcomes and Pricing Decisions at Selective Private Institutions," NBER Working Papers 7227, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Gibbons, Stephen & Neumayer, Eric & Perkins, Richard, 2015.
"Student satisfaction, league tables and university applications: Evidence from Britain,"
Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 48(C), pages 148-164.
- Gibbons, Stephen & Neumayer, Eric & Perkins, Richard, 2015. "Student satisfaction, league tables and university applications: evidence from Britain," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 62875, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Jacqmin, Julien, 2019. "Providing MOOCs: A FUN way to enroll students?," Information Economics and Policy, Elsevier, vol. 48(C), pages 32-39.
- Biancardi, Daniele & Bratti, Massimiliano, 2018. "The Effect of the First Italian Research Evaluation Exercise on Student Enrolment Choices," IZA Discussion Papers 11302, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Biancardi, Daniele & Bratti, Massimiliano, 2019. "The effect of introducing a Research Evaluation Exercise on student enrolment: Evidence from Italy," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 69(C), pages 73-93.
More about this item
Keywordshigher education applications; league tables;
- I23 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Education - - - Higher Education; Research Institutions
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-EDU-2015-03-22 (Education)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:iza:izadps:dp8869. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Holger Hinte). General contact details of provider: http://www.iza.org .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.