Contact information of Elsevier
Full text for ScienceDirect subscribers only
Citations RSS feed: at CitEc
Access and download statisticsTop item:
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help
correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:ireced. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Catherine Liu (email available below). General contact details of provider: http://www.journals.elsevier.com/international-review-of-economics-education .
2022, Volume 40, Issue C
- S1477388022000068 Racial and gender achievement gaps in an economics classroom
by Bottan, Daria & McKee, Douglas & Orlov, George & McDougall, Anna
- S1477388022000081 Low-fidelity buyer seller simulations can encourage authentic learning experiences
by Wong, Gary Wai Chung & Wong, Paulina Pui Yun & Chong, James Chit Ming
- S147738802200007X Live or lecture capture: Evidence from a classroom random control trial
by Artz, Benjamin & Johnson, Marianne & Robson, Denise & Siemers, Sarinda
2022, Volume 39, Issue C
- S1477388021000219 Theatrical readings as a means of learning economics
by Morroni, Mario & Soliani, Riccardo
- S1477388021000220 Making introductory economics more relevant: Using personalized connections to introduce environmental economics
by Depro, Brooks
- S1477388021000232 Economics students: Self-selected in preferences and indoctrinated in beliefs
by Espín, Antonio M. & Correa, Manuel & Ruiz-Villaverde, Alberto
- S1477388021000244 A modern approach to monetary and fiscal policy
by Junior, Celso J. Costa & Garcia-Cintado, Alejandro C. & Junior, Karlo Marques
- S1477388021000256 Do students sort themselves based on economic ideology?
by Magee, Christopher
- S1477388022000019 Locus of control, self-efficacy, and student performance in an introductory economics course
by Kader,, Ahmad A
- S1477388022000032 Exploring educational students acceptance of using movies as economics learning media: PLS-SEM analysis
by Mustofa, Rochman Hadi & Pramudita, Dias Aziz & Atmono, Dwi & Priyankara, Rasika & Asmawan, Mochammad Chairil & Rahmattullah, Muhammad & Mudrikah, Saringatun & Pamungkas, Leonny Noviyana Sakti
2021, Volume 38, Issue C
- S1477388021000128 Diversifying the use of pop culture in the classroom: Using K-pop to teach principles of economics
by Wooten, Jadrian J. & Geerling, Wayne & Calma, Angelito
- S1477388021000165 Economics education, childhood socialization, and the transmission of allocation preferences
by Süssmuth, Bernd & Gawellek, Bastian & Koenings, Fabian
- S1477388021000177 Using Python and Google Colab to teach undergraduate microeconomic theory
by Kuroki, Masanori
- S1477388021000189 Does the timing of assessment matter? Circadian mismatch and reflective processing in university students
by Oyebode, B.I. & Nicholls, N.
2021, Volume 37, Issue C
- S1477388021000013 Orthodox macroeconomic textbooks: A critical evaluation using institutional practice as a benchmark
by Juniper, James & Nadolny, Andrew & Pantelopoulos, George & Watts, Martin
- S1477388021000025 A (pedagogical) note on the log-linearization of functions of several variables
by Solis-Garcia, Mario
- S1477388021000050 A cultural comparison of mindfulness and student performance: Evidence from university students in five countries
by Sumell, Albert J. & Chiang, Eric P. & Koch, Steven & Mangeloja, Esa & Sun, Jin & Pédussel Wu, Jennifer
- S1477388021000062 A classroom experiment on the specific factors model
by Lin, Yu-Hsuan
- S1477388021000074 Learning in the time of Covid-19: Some preliminary findings
by Engelhardt, Bryan & Johnson, Marianne & Meder, Martin E.
- S1477388021000086 Assessing the attitudes of economics students towards econometrics
by Cladera, Magdalena
- S1477388021000098 Back to basics: How reading the text and taking notes improves learning
by Gourley, Patrick
- S1477388021000104 The effectiveness of the emergency eLearning during COVID-19 pandemic. The case of higher education in economics in Romania
by Roman, Monica & Plopeanu, Aurelian-Petruș
- S1477388021000116 Baking for economics and the community–An experiential learning project for the principles of microeconomics class
by Gao, Guanlin
2021, Volume 36, Issue C
- S1477388020300311 Self-assessment of competencies of students and graduates participating in didactic projects – Case study
by Gawrycka, Małgorzata & Kujawska, Justyna & Tomczak, Michał T.
- S1477388020300323 Adam Smith and the not so invisible hand: A revision for the undergraduate classroom
by Dupont, Brandon & Durham, Yvonne
- S1477388020300335 Teaching economics behind the global COVID-19 pandemic
by Zhang, Chengping & Ramse, Jonathan
- S1477388020300347 Neutrality of third-degree price discrimination
by Chao, Yong & Nahata, Babu
- S1477388020300359 Economics 101-ism and the Dunning-Kruger effect: Reducing overconfidence among introductory macroeconomics students
by Sawler, James
- S147738802030027X Normative shortages and the limits of rationing by price
by Diduch, Amy McCormick
2020, Volume 35, Issue C
- S1477388019300611 Factors affecting College students’ multidimensional financial literacy in the Middle East
by Douissa, Ismail Ben
- S1477388020300165 Not for want of trying: Effort and Success of women in principles of microeconomics
by Hadsell, Lester
- S1477388020300177 Using classroom games to teach core concepts in market design, matching theory, and platform theory
by Nungsari, Melati & Flanders, Sam
- S1477388020300189 Gender and major choice within economics: Evidence from Europe
by Arnold, Ivo J.M.
- S1477388020300190 Development of competences in postgraduate studies of finance: A project-based learning (PBL) case study
by Parrado-Martínez, Purificación & Sánchez-Andújar, Sonia
- S1477388020300207 Using Matrix Puzzles to Assess Student Understanding in Economics
by Walstad, William B. & Bosshardt, William
- S1477388020300219 Explaining the demand and supply model with the cost-benefit rule
by Sepulveda, Cristian F.
- S1477388020300232 Student exam performance in different proctored environments: Evidence from an online economics course
by Wuthisatian, Rattaphon
- S1477388020300244 Teaching dynamic General equilibrium macroeconomics to undergraduates using a spreadsheet
by Bongers, Anelí & Gómez, Trinidad & Torres, José L.
- S1477388020300256 Creating a transformative learning experience through a capstone course in economics
by Morreale, Joseph C. & Shostya, Anna
- S1477388020300268 A classroom experimental game to improve the understanding of asymmetric common-pool resource dilemmas in irrigation water management
by Farolfi, Stefano & Erdlenbruch, Katrin
- S147738801930060X Economic competence in early secondary school: Evidence from a large-scale assessment in Germany
by Oberrauch, Luis & Kaiser, Tim
- S147738802030013X Economics through film: Thinking like an economist
by Diaz Vidal, Daniel & Mungenast, Kyle & Diaz Vidal, Jesus
2020, Volume 34, Issue C
- S1477388020300050 Teaching econometrics with data on coworker salaries and job satisfaction
by Easton, Todd
- S1477388020300098 Community college students’ response to a financial literacy intervention: An exploratory study
by Popovich, Jacob J. & Loibl, Cäzilia & Zirkle, Christopher & Whittington, M. Susie
- S1477388020300116 Evaluating the effects of mobile applications on course assessment: A quasi-experiment on a macroeconomics course
by Barreiro-Gen, María
- S1477388020300128 Financial literacy of high school students in the Netherlands: knowledge, attitudes, self-efficacy, and behavior
by Amagir, Aisa & Groot, Wim & van den Brink, Henriëtte Maassen & Wilschut, Arie
2020, Volume 33, Issue C
2019, Volume 32, Issue C
2019, Volume 31, Issue C
2019, Volume 30, Issue C
- 1-1 Assessment of economic threshold concepts in higher education
by Tang, Tommy
- 1-1 Faculty’s conceptions of teaching introductory economics in higher education: A phenomenographic study in a South African context
by Ojo, Emmanuel & Booth, Shirley & Woollacott, Laurie
- 1-1 The construction of frameworks in learners’ thinking: Conceptual change and threshold concepts in economics
by Davies, Peter
- 1-1 Identifying differential benefits from a flipped-group pedagogy in introductory microeconomics
by Ficano, Carlena K. Cochi
- 1-1 The effects of using Facebook as a discussion forum in an online principles of economics course: Results of a randomized controlled trial
by Harmon, Oskar R. & Tomolonis, Paul A.
- 1-1 Microeconomic education, strategic incentives, and gender: An oligopoly classroom experiment with social interaction
by García-Martínez, José Antonio & Gutiérrez-Hita, Carlos & Sánchez-Soriano, Joaquín
- 1-1 Using ‘happy’ or ‘sad’ face in a decision-making grid to motivate students to improve academic success
by Ray, Mona & Onifade, Emmanuel & Davis, Carolyn
- 1-1 Interest as an influencing factor on student achievement in Economics
by Schnell, Christina & Loerwald, Dirk
- 1-1 Do crib sheets improve student performance on tests? Evidence from principles of economics
by Cannonier, Colin & Smith, Kara
- 1-1 Active financial analysis: Stimulating engagement using Bloomberg for introductory finance students
by McCann, Michael & Russon, Jo-Anna
- 1-1 Models of strategic interaction in quantities vs. prices with differentiated goods
by Nguyen, Quyen & Gilbert, John
- 1-1 Why does peer instruction improve student satisfaction more than student performance? A randomized experiment
by Alcalde, Pilar & Nagel, Juan
- 1-1 Teaching hypothesis testing with simulated distributions
by O’Hara, Michael
- 1-1 A two-round in-class trading game on the principle of comparative advantage and the theory of reciprocal demand
by Hong, Bei
- 1-1 Poetry and economics: Creativity, engagement and learning in the economics classroom
by Davis, Mary E.
- 1-1 Student academic performance and professional training year
by Arsenis, Panagiotis & Flores, Miguel
- 1-1 The value in ‘value’: An exercise for pluralising economics instruction
by Coombs, Nathan & Frawley, Ashley
- 1-1 Student preconceptions and reality: A survey exercise to teach wealth inequality
by Barnes, William & Easton, Todd & Hanig, Ross Leupp
- 1-1 Recounting the role of emotions in learning economics: Using the Threshold Concepts Framework to explore affective dimensions of students’ learning
by Goebel, Jessica & Maistry, Suriamurthee
- 1-1 The relationship between migration background and knowledge and understanding of personal finance of young adults in Germany
by Happ, Roland & Förster, Manuel
- 1-1 The economics instructor’s toolbox
by Picault, Julien
- 1-1 Experiential learning in macroeconomics through FREDcast
by Mendez-Carbajo, Diego
- 1-1 Quantile regression analysis of cooperative learning effects
by Deerfield, Amanda
- 1-1 Students’ perception of the pluralism debate in economics: Evidence from a quantitative survey among German universities
by Schweitzer-Krah, Eva & Engartner, Tim
- 1-1 Teaching macroeconomics with data: Materials for enhancing students’ quantitative skills
by Wuthisatian, Rattaphon & Thanetsunthorn, Namporn
2018, Volume 29, Issue C
- 1-5 Flipping the classroom: Old ideas, new technologies
by Becker, Ralf & Birdi, Alvin
- 6-13 Facilitating active learning and enhancing student self-assessment skills
by Aricò, Fabio R. & Lancaster, Simon J.
- 14-28 The impact of the flipped classroom in a principles of microeconomics course: evidence from a quasi-experiment with two flipped classroom designs
by Lombardini, Chiara & Lakkala, Minna & Muukkonen, Hanni
- 29-43 Effects of flipping the principles of microeconomics class: Does scheduling matter?
by Calimeris, Lauren
- 44-58 Team-based learning and student performance: Preliminary evidence from a principles of macroeconomics classroom
by Odell, Kathleen E.
- 59-73 Flipping quantitative tutorials
by Becker, Ralf & Proud, Steven
2018, Volume 28, Issue C
2018, Volume 27, Issue C
- 1-9 Teaching economics using ‘Cases’ – Going beyond the ‘Chalk-And-Talk’ method
by Ray, Mona
- 10-15 From Solow to Romer: Teaching endogenous technological change in undergraduate economics
by Chu, Angus C.
- 16-23 Teaching economics to the masses: The effects of student help centers on academic outcomes
by Cobb, Steven L. & McPherson, Michael A. & Molina, David J. & Quintanilla, John & Rasmussen, Elizabeth & Rous, Jeffrey J.
- 24-33 A new video-based tool to enhance teaching economics
by Kuhn, Christiane & Zlatkin-Troitschanskaia, Olga & Brückner, Sebastian & Saas, Hannes
- 34-44 Monetary incentives and self-chosen goals in academic performance: An experimental study
by Herranz-Zarzoso, Noemí & Sabater-Grande, Gerardo
2017, Volume 26, Issue C
2017, Volume 25, Issue C
2017, Volume 24, Issue C
2016, Volume 23, Issue C
- 1-9 Economics: An elite subject soon only available in elite universities?
by Lodewijks, John & Stokes, Anthony & Wright, Sarah
- 10-27 Teaching quality and academic research
by Rodríguez, Rosa & Rubio, Gonzalo
- 28-33 A case study on using instructor-recorded videos in an upper level economics course
by Gulley, O. David & Jackson, Aaron L.
- 34-39 Periscoping economics through someone else’s eyes: A real world (Twitter) app
by Dowell, Chelsea T. & Duncan, Daniel F.
- 40-46 Debilitating and facilitating test anxiety and student motivation and achievement in principles of microeconomics
by Kader, Ahmad A.
- 47-64 The perception-reality gap in financial literacy: Evidence from the most literate state in India
by Kiliyanni, Abdul Latheef & Sivaraman, Sunitha
- 65-81 A simple climate-Solow model for introducing the economics of climate change to undergraduate students
by Tsigaris, Panagiotis & Wood, Joel
2016, Volume 22, Issue C
- 1-7 Student-crafted experiments “from the ground up”
by Bosley, Stacie
- 8-15 A role-play to explain cartel behavior: Discussing the oligopolistic market
by Correa, Manuel & García-Quero, Fernando & Ortega-Ortega, Marta
- 16-22 Putting yourself in the picture with an ‘ECONSelfie’: Using student-generated photos to enhance introductory economics courses
by Al-Bahrani, Abdullah & Holder, Kim & Moryl, Rebecca L. & Ryan Murphy, Patrick & Patel, Darshak
- 23-33 Teaching comparative economic systems 25 years after the collapse of the Soviet Union
by Johnson, Marianne & Kovzik, Alexander
- 34-47 Understanding strategic competition using numerical simulations and dynamic diagrams in Mathematica
by Pezzino, Mario
- 48-58 The value of a redesigned program and capstone course in economics
by Li, Ishuan & Simonson, Robert D.
2016, Volume 21, Issue C
- 1-11 The better blend? Flipping the principles of microeconomics classroom
by Olitsky, Neal H. & Cosgrove, Sarah B.
- 12-20 Taking higher order thinking seriously: Using Marzano’s taxonomy in the economics classroom
by Dubas, Justin M. & Toledo, Santiago A.
- 21-29 Cooperative learning and personality types
by Emerson, Tisha L.N. & English, Linda & McGoldrick, KimMarie
- 30-40 Salary and job satisfaction among economics and business graduates: The effect of match between degree field and job
by Robst, John & VanGilder, Jennifer
- 41-47 A lottery on the first day of classes! An innovative structured steps assignment on a partially randomly selected topic
by Helmy, Heba E.
- 48-60 Second-order accelerator of investment: The case of discrete time
by Dalla, Eleni & Varelas, Erotokritos
2015, Volume 20, Issue C
2015, Volume 19, Issue C
2015, Volume 18, Issue C
- 1-10 Exploring Easter Island economics with Excel
by Dalton, Thomas R. & Coats, R. Morris & Luccasen, R. Andrew
- 11-24 Student evaluation based indicators of teaching excellence from a highly selective liberal arts college
by Fenn, Aju Jacob
- 25-36 A practical guide to incorporating service learning into development economics classes
by Paxton, Julia
- 37-48 Empirical assessment of e-learning on performance in principles of economics
by Aljamal, Ali & Cader, Hanas & Chiemeke, Charles & Speece, Mark
- 49-61 Numerical simulations of competition in quantities
by Gorry, Devon & Gilbert, John
- 62-82 A model to assess students’ social responsibility behavior within a classroom experiment
by Rodrigo-González, Amalia & Caballer-Tarazona, María
2014, Volume 17, Issue C
- 1-16 Factors influencing the performance of non-economics majors in an introductory economics course
by Denny, Eleanor
- 17-29 Watching the watchmen: A statistical analysis of mark consistency across taught modules
by Ercolani, Marco G. & Ercolani, Joanne S.
- 30-38 Non-response bias in student evaluations of teaching
by Nowell, Clifford & Gale, Lewis R. & Kerkvliet, Joe
- 39-54 What determines students’ choices of elective modules?
by Hedges, Mary R. & Pacheco, Gail A. & Webber, Don J.
- 55-65 Instructor attire and student performance: Evidence from an undergraduate industrial organization experiment
by Craig, J. Dean & Savage, Scott J.
- 66-73 Do student responses parallel theory? Evidence from an oligopoly experiment
by Ryan, Michael P. & Doyle-Portillo, Susann M.
- 74-84 Student perceptions toward flipped learning: New methods to increase interaction and active learning in economics
by Roach, Travis
- 85-97 The happiness of economists: Estimating the causal effect of studying economics on subjective well-being
by Haucap, Justus & Heimeshoff, Ulrich
- 98-108 Does Supplemental Instruction for Principles of Economics improve outcomes for traditionally underrepresented minorities?
by Wilson, Beth & Rossig, Sarah
- 109-119 A picture is worth a thousand words (at least): The effective use of visuals in the economics classroom
by Vazquez, Jose J. & Chiang, Eric P.
- 120-136 Understanding student attendance in business schools: An exploratory study
by Mearman, Andrew & Pacheco, Gail & Webber, Don & Ivlevs, Artjoms & Rahman, Tanzila
2014, Volume 16, Issue PB
- 63-72 Pluralism at work: Alumni assess an economics education
by Cooper, Brian & Ramey, Elizabeth A.
- 73-86 How should economics curricula be evaluated?
by Mearman, Andrew
- 87-99 The case for the traditional classroom
by Green, Alan
- 100-110 Reinterpreting the economics textbook: A student assignment
by Denny, Eleanor
- 111-121 Students’ overreliance on linearity in economic thinking: An exploratory study at the tertiary level
by De Bock, Dirk & Van Reeth, Daam & Minne, Janne & Van Dooren, Wim
- 122-128 Teaching economics with a bag of chocolate: A classroom experiment for elementary school students
by Rupp, Nicholas G.
- 129-146 Using MS Excel to solve and simulate the Life-Cycle/Permanent-Income Model of Consumption and Saving
by Findley, T. Scott
- 147-155 Teaching the multiplier: The value of a quantitative approach
by Turner, Paul & Wood, Justine A.
- 156-169 Evaluating the impact of a web-based resource on student learning
by Olczak, Matthew
2014, Volume 16, Issue PA
- 1-11 Construct validity of financial literacy
by Schuhen, Michael & Schürkmann, Susanne
- 12-21 Factors associated with financial literacy among high school students in New Zealand
by Cameron, Michael P. & Calderwood, Richard & Cox, Ashleigh & Lim, Steven & Yamaoka, Michio
- 22-38 Comparison of financial literacy between Korean and U.S. high school students
by Jang, Kyungho & Hahn, Jinsoo & Park, Hyung Joon
- 39-50 The features and effectiveness of the Keys to Financial Success curriculum
by Asarta, Carlos J. & Hill, Andrew T. & Meszaros, Bonnie T.
- 51-62 Financial literacy education in the curriculum: Making the grade or missing the mark?
by Blue, Levon & Grootenboer, Peter & Brimble, Mark
2014, Volume 15, Issue C
2013, Volume 14, Issue C
- 4-15 Is distance learning really a substitute for on-site learning? Perceptions of faculty who teach undergraduate economics using both formats
by Wunder, Timothy & Elliott, Dawn Richards & England, Scott
- 16-23 Iclickers and student performance
by McDaniel Mohr, Tanga
- 24-35 The impact of analyzing economic events on the learning of undergraduate economic theory
by Dean Craig, J. & Raisanen, Samuel R.
- 36-45 Utilizing online tools to measure effort: Does it really improve student outcome?
by Self, Sharmistha
- 46-56 Teacher training and economics understanding of Albanian high school students
by Bushati, Dolore B. & Phipps, Barbara
- 57-70 Of mice and pens: A discrete choice experiment on student preferences for assignment systems in economics
by Flannery, Darragh & Kennelly, Brendan & Doherty, Edel & Hynes, Stephen & Considine, John
- 71-85 Using box office revenues in the economics classroom
by Lang, David M.
- 86-93 Teaching macroeconomics through flowcharts
by Reingewertz, Yaniv
- 94-99 A note on teaching externalities: Distinguishing between consumption and production externalities
by Naughton, Helen
2013, Volume 13, Issue C
- 1-9 The distribution and utilization of class time: How long should class be, and should students even attend?
by Tatum, Robert C. & Childers, Keisha L.
- 10-25 Making economics real—The Economics Internship
by Cameron, Craig & Freudenberg, Brett & Brimble, Mark
- 26-30 Employment and student performance in Principles of Economics
by Hwang, Jae-Kwang
- 31-43 Paper and online assignments in economics: A comparison with panel data
by Flannery, Darragh & Kennelly, Brendan & Considine, John
- 44-49 Inequality and growth: Understanding the link through a simulation
by Hanlon, Michael
- 50-66 Housing prices and balance sheets effects: A classroom demonstration
by Mykhaylova, Olena & Mago, Shakun & Staveley-O’Carroll, James
- 67-74 T-shirts, moonshine, and autopsies: Using podcasts to engage undergraduate microeconomics students
by Moryl, Rebecca
2013, Volume 12, Issue C
- 1-11 Health economics in the UK: Capacity, constraints and comparisons to US health economists
by Kaambwa, Billingsley & Frew, Emma
- 12-19 Bridging the gap between elementary and advanced approaches to teaching adverse selection
by Rigall-I-Torrent, Ricard
- 20-32 Sweat the small stuff: The effect of small incentive changes on participation in service-learning
by Diette, Timothy M. & Helms, Sara E.
- 33-47 Using rubrics in economics
by McGoldrick, KimMarie & Peterson, Brian
- 48-59 An exploration of Robert Frank's ‘The Economic Naturalist’ in the classroom
by Geerling, Wayne
- 60-79 Teaching basic econometric concepts using Monte Carlo simulations in Excel
by Briand, Genevieve & Hill, R. Carter